Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Holmes...  (Read 1499 times)
FlashGordon

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 08:42:58 »

I know we have players there now, but i cant understand why Phil Brown said no way to letting him come on loan to us? He has yet to figure in the league apart from a short sub appearance...and 1 game in the league cup - where the majority of the team were reserves?

So why not let him come to us?

Come on YOU REDS!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 08:44:47 »

didn't someone on here say that apparently he was offered to us on loan but we had to pay x amount of his wages which King couldn't afford???

FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 08:53:29 »

Oh right didnt realise that?Still seems wierd that he hasnt played a whole game for them even came off at half time in the cup,surely to benefit all parties,and all that malarky he should go out on loan?

Come on YOU REDS!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 08:57:52 »

i would love to see him back here.
it's a bit fucking stupid that Phil Brown said no at the start of the season then never plays the lad.
surley some first team experience with STFC will go a long way in his future development.

plus he loved it here.
i still think we should try for another deal instead of bringing in idiots from Fulham as a favour to a mate :shock: . Whats the sence in that

fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 08:58:41 »

Rather have a top class midfielder
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 09:03:42 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
i would love to see him back here.
it's a bit fucking stupid that Phil Brown said no at the start of the season then never plays the lad.
surley some first team experience with STFC will go a long way in his future development.

plus he loved it here.
i still think we should try for another deal instead of bringing in idiots from Fulham as a favour to a mate :shock: . Whats the sence in that

The Fulham deal is a freebie, so really nothing to lose.....Holmes was offered but with no help on his wages and we can't afford that....the only reason why we've the other loans is that their clubs are paying a chunk of their money.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 10:44:15 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Rather have a top class midfielder

....like Lee Holmes?!

If I could, I would pay his wages personally....
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 10:48:13 »

He's useless unless he is given the ball. He often went missing.  He doesn't suit or 'style' of play.

He'd be better off going somewhere who uses their wingers.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 10:56:15 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
He's useless unless he is given the ball. He often went missing.  He doesn't suit or 'style' of play.

He'd be better off going somewhere who uses their wingers.

But on the plus side he could cross, take players on and Parkin went on a purple patch when Holmes was here. At least he could deliver, unlike our current bunch of wingers at the moment
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 11:02:26 »

he can't cross a ball he doesnt have.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 18:43:13 »

what i use to like about lee holmes was the fact that not 1 wing back in this division could stop him without fouling him. it wasn't often that he would get tackled fairly. he could quite easily skip past wing backs and get the ball in the box. i think if we could get shakes to start doing the same (which he is, just not regularly enough) it could help us get a win, and start something this season!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 18:45:15 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
he can't cross a ball he doesnt have.

...but there is more chance of him getting the ball if he actually plays for us...
kick_ass1987

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 18:52:30 »

Dave i totally disagree about him going missing.... yes sometimes i thought, where is holmsey then suddenly the ball goes flying out to the left wing, and there he is in miles of space..... he always made sure he was in space, it was whether the other players saw him in it or not
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 18:55:38 »

Didn't Derby reportedly offer him then go and officially deny it in the press a couple of days later?

I think Derby are starting to tighten their belts financially and are starting to operate likr a business explaining why they wanted some cash.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: