Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Heaton shocked by King criticism  (Read 4541 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 18:06:00 »

But the loanees are already here, who's to say if we get rid of King they won't stay?

If we get rid, and get in a manager who turns it around and gets us playing the football this team should be capable of, then the loanees might be more inclined to stay, whereas they'd be less likely to stay at a sinking ship - which is what we are at the moment.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 18:24:00 »

If you read what I said I said I hope we get a manager with contacts.

King has loads because he played at the top level for years and knows so many ex players and managers.

Very few managers have so many and none we are likely to get.

Why would the loanees stay, they are only here 'cos King drove half way around the country to sign them and people like Ferguson and Terry McDermott did us a favour.

I really doubt they'll just let us keep them.

You're assuming a new manager would stop us from being a sinking ship, when they may well make things worse.
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 18:48:07 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

This is the main thing I'm worried about. If King goes before the transfer window we'll be fucked. All our free loanees will go back and we will desperately need someone with contacts to get quality loanees like Heaton but he is only here because King knows Alex Ferguson.

Then if Evans gets another injury or hasn't recovered we'll be left with Bulman in goal and no manager who can find suitable cover with no money.

:?

Come on chief that’s as likely as me playing waltzing Matilda on my Banjo string.

What club is going to either loan or loan out a player on the basis that the manager remains in charge then demand the player be recalled when he’s eventually sacked?

Just worth a mention, both Heaton and Heath where both rumoured and then officially announced as going out on loan long before we signed them.  They would have just as likely signed for Colchester had they made an enquiry.  Certainly not down to any special relationship between King and the Scotch Testicle more down to Carry on Carson and his links with Testicle through the nags.

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 18:49:27 »

.... but they may make things better - I don't think we're on the brink of a Furguson like turn-around that will eventually see us crowned champions of Europe with King at the helm.

If a new manager does come in and things get better then the loanees we have will, let's face it, probably want to stay - none of them will be playing first team for their own clubs will they.

I just think in terms of the long-term future of the club he must go - I've stood up fpr him in the past - you know that - but now really has to be time for a change.

Bobby Williamson is available.
Dazzza

« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 18:56:17 »

On the subject of loan players it's a bit of a grey area in the league this season.

In short, no player can transfer from one club to another during the 'closed periods': from September 1 to December 31; and from February 1 to the end of the season. This prohibition is intended to apply both to loans and to permanent transfers - although it doesn't apply to players who are genuinely free agents and not contracted to any club.

The Premiership has chosen to implement this system very much within the spirit of the FIFA rules. Outside of transfer windows, the Premier League has forbidden any permanent transfers at all; and allows loans only of goalkeepers. And these only in situations that the Premier League board of directors considers to be genuinely 'exceptional'.

The Football League though, has decided this season to allow 'emergency loans' of any player outside of transfer windows. Goalkeepers can be loaned at any time, with clubs also being allowed to loan outfield players from yesterday to November 24 this year and from February 8 to March 23, 2006.

These emergency loans can be from any domestic club, including Premier League clubs, and can be of any length from 28 days up to 93 days in any season.

Which if King does go should allow a new man to shuffle the pack so to speak.

In addition what I hadn't realised is that during the transfer window it's still possible to sign players without a contract.  Again if we are faced with a new manager that’s pretty much all he will be able to afford if at all.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 18:56:53 »

No that wasn't what I'm saying Dazzza, Heaton is on loan until Christmas. Man United won't recall him before then but they won't just extend the loan no matter what and he wouldn't be here in the first place anyway without King.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:06:09 »

....but they are already here, also who's to say they'll stay even if King does?  

The fact of the matter is that the managers of all the clubs from which we have loanees will assess each player's immediate loan future given their progress, the team's progess, whether any other club comes in offering to pay more of their wages and most of all whether we even try to keep them - managers will be more likely though to allow players to stay where they are if that's where they are happy.
Spud

« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:09:07 »

No that wasn't what I'm saying Dazzza, Heaton is on loan until Christmas. Man United won't recall him before then but they won't just extend the loan no matter what and he wouldn't be here in the first place anyway without King.

Yes he jumped at the chance to join us after hearing about Mr Kings great managerial capabilities. :roll:
Dazzza

« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:10:11 »

I fail to see how Andy King is a make or break factor as to the extension of Heaton’s loan contract or anybody else’s for that matter.

Certainly it’s a factor I appreciate that but if the player is still benefiting from being out on loan in so much that he’s playing regular league football and gaining from the experience then it’s not going to make an iota’s difference who is in charge of the side.

Both of the Utd loan players along with a couple of others King mentioned early pre-season but subsequently lost out on were marked out for loan long before we actually signed them.  King is the reason they’re here but it goes no further than picking up the phone and making the call not because of ‘contacts’ or any special relationship with Ferguson.

Spud

« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:14:21 »

If we got rid of King i seriously cant see Ferguson answering the phone to a new manager and saying we want our 2 players back because you sacked my best mate Andy. Smiley
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:17:49 »

Fact is King travelled several hundred miles to watch them in a reserve game, most managers just don't bother to do this so they would have no idea who they were or whether they would be capable of doing a job for their team and that is why King signed them when loads of other managers would have loved to sign them if they'd any idea how good Heaton was but they don't know 'cos they've never watched him.

Compare this to a manager like John Gorman had no clue how to spot the players we needed, so he spent shitloads on players worse than what we already had.

Be realistic, not all managers are capable of finding the right players, it is a rare skill and one of the most important parts of management.
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:22:06 »

Yes King is a good scout but he obviously didnt bother scouting Cureton or Thorpe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:39:01 »

Fact is King travelled several hundred miles to watch them in a reserve game, most managers just don't bother to do this so they would have no idea who they were or whether they would be capable of doing a job for their team and that is why King signed them when loads of other managers would have loved to sign them if they'd any idea how good Heaton was but they don't know 'cos they've never watched him.

Compare this to a manager like John Gorman had no clue how to spot the players we needed, so he spent shitloads on players worse than what we already had.

Be realistic, not all managers are capable of finding the right players, it is a rare skill and one of the most important parts of management.

Whits drives all over the country to watch Swindon, doesn't mean he should be manager.
Spud

« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:41:25 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

Whits drives all over the country to watch Swindon, doesn't mean he should be manager.

Dazzza

« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 19:52:03 »

A hell of a lot of managers do actually make the pilgrimage to watch targets during reserve games the other side of the country during the week.

Caught a fair bit of Premiership and non-league games a few years back and I was surprised just quite how so many managers from across the league do put in an appearance.

That’s not to take anything away from King’s ability to identify a decent player when he sees one but he’s far from unique when it comes to travelling and putting in the hours on the road.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: