Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Buzzer a Trannie?!?  (Read 3549 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 11:29:30 »

yes yes yes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 13:04:53 »

was he really that bad, come on!!!

He was just as effective as Shakes, Nicolau, Heath and Pook (on the wings!) have been
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 13:09:19 »

Quote from: "DV85"

He was just as effective as Shakes, Nicolau, Heath and Pook (on the wings!) have been

Exactly, he was just as effective ie. not very. Therefore there was no point in signing him.

It surprises me that for someone with such negative and pessimistic views, you get so exited over Summerbee
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 13:13:09 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

Exactly, he was just as effective ie. not very. Therefore there was no point in signing him.

It surprises me that for someone with such negative and pessimistic views, you get so exited over Summerbee

Not match fit, no pre-season yet just as effective as the rest, which means in Summerbee performance there was room for improvement.

There was a point in signing him because he is better than what we have currently got. He has more expirence, he has played at a much higher level and played well at this level only last season.

He played very well for Bradford and had a fair share if assists.

Shakes, Nicolau, Pook, Heath etc have never played much football, let alone at this level.

Summerbee = Proven quality at this level, which is what we need.

You cant deny so far this season, the service to the strikers from the wingers has been close to awful
Piemonte

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 13:22:26 »

Not match fit, no pre-season yet just as effective as the rest, which means in Summerbee performance there was room for improvement.

There was a point in signing him because he is better than what we have currently got. He has more expirence, he has played at a much higher level and played well at this level only last season.

He played very well for Bradford and had a fair share if assists.

Shakes, Nicolau, Pook, Heath etc have never played much football, let alone at this level.

Summerbee = Proven quality at this level, which is what we need.

You cant deny so far this season, the service to the strikers from the wingers has been close to awful

Generally, yes the service has been poor with the exception of the odd decent ball.

Personally I'd rather see shakes played on the right wing all season, and hopefully see some improvement in his crossing ability rather than Sumerbee who's only going to get worse with age.

Your point about improvement dosnt really stand up, yes summerbee would probablly have got better with a few games, but so will shakes as hes young and has hardly played any league football.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 13:33:20 »

Generally, yes the service has been poor with the exception of the odd decent ball.

Did Dean Windarse who got 27 goals have crap service at Bradford, no he didnt. I know this isnt all down to Summerbee, but I bet he played his part

Personally I'd rather see shakes played on the right wing all season, and hopefully see some improvement in his crossing ability rather than Sumerbee who's only going to get worse with age.

I agree with giving Shakes time, but what happens when we come to the possible conclusion that he cant cross and isnt delivering the goods. Whether you want to accept it or not we are in a relegation scrap this season, we need all the point we can get. If players arent delivering we need to swap them for players who will. Remember last season when Fallon wasnt playing well up front, did we keep playing him and hope eventually he would come go, no we got Henderson in on loan, we signed Roberts!

Your point about improvement dosnt really stand up, yes summerbee would probablly have got better with a few games, but so will shakes as hes young and has hardly played any league football.

Will Shakes improve though? Has anyone ever seen Shakes play for other teams? Has anyone seen Shakes player better for another team than he has for Swindon?

Has anyone seen Nicky Summerbee play before, hell yes. Have we seen him play for other teams, do we know exactly how good he is, do we know exactly what he can bring to a team, yes.

With Summerbee we knew what we were getting, we knew he was good enough for this level.

There is still no gurantee that Shakes is up to it
Dazzza

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 16:31:57 »

I’m going on what you chaps are saying here about Summerbee but both he and Shakes epitomise one of the problems we have with the squad this season.

Far too many players with potential and not enough that have consistently played even so much as half of last season.  Shakes by all accounts was superb on loan for Bury (?) but it was only in a handful of loan games, in the league below and was up front rather than on the right.  Then there is Thorpe, superb on past reputation but did fuck all last year because of injury and was expected to come in and get 20 odd goals this season.

Although I rate the potential better than the consistency of the likes of Hewlett we do appear to have lost perhaps just one too many of last seasons first team regulars to cope with quite so many unproven/out of sorts players in the side.

Will be good to see a spine of Evans, O’Hanlon, Jenkins and Fallon back in a side and let the new players blend in from there.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: