Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fred Titmus RIP  (Read 2710 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 12:19:32 »

Im not pensionable so I dont know much about him but this seems to be a fitting tribute

Never knowingly overstated.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 15:41:33 »

Fred was a great England spinner from a golden era of cricket and I can recall many happy summer afternoons listening to test matches on the radio in the 60's. He was also an accomplished footballer who played for Watford and was at one time on Chelsea's books.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 17:00:59 »

Crying   I fucking loved Fred....in a non gay way of course.   I tried to model my spin bowling on Freddie. He was also a decent bat...scored 61, batting about 8 or 9 in 74/75 his last series I think v Aussies some 20 years after making his England debut.  I thought he was finished after losing 4 toes in a boating accident in the West Indies, but amazingly apparently if you keep the big toe, you can get by without the others .
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 18:17:53 »

yeah was a joke at the time Reg. Whats got 6 toes and spins - Freddy Titmus
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 18:33:41 »

Crying   I fucking loved Fred....in a non gay way of course.   I tried to model my spin bowling on Freddie. He was also a decent bat...scored 61, batting about 8 or 9 in 74/75 his last series I think v Aussies some 20 years after making his England debut.  I thought he was finished after losing 4 toes in a boating accident in the West Indies, but amazingly apparently if you keep the big toe, you can get by without the others .

He wasn't on a pedalo was he?  Wink

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 20:16:17 »

Ohh! Dracula comes from Transylvania, Stevie Nicks talks about kleptomania, Johnny looked out of his bedroom window and shouted to him Mum.....'Fred Titmus!' 

P.S. So, thats Bob Todd & Fred Titmus done. Now on to Len Ganley, Dickie Davies or Nerys Hughes!

P.P.S RIP Fred

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 20:19:42 »

Apparently the Aussies nicknamed him Leo(Sayer) after one of Geoff Thomsons express delivery's hit him in the balls.

Good ol fashioned spinner.......R,I.P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: