Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 56264 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 07:42:24 »

In the words of Flashheart...

FUCK YEAH!!

That's the spirit.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 08:35:52 »

Yeaaaa Boi

Pint
Thats fucking great, I knocked him before for his comments but that takes balls to come out and say that after the game, well done, Keith who?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 08:37:36 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 08:46:55 »

From their forum....

There number 3 is good.

Their no. 4 was even better. Walked his way through the game.
That Swindon display is up there with as good as anything ever seen at Spotland.

Number 4 is Luongo. Courted by teams at a much much higher level than League 1. Class act.

Swindon were bloody good. They struck me as a team who once they get the lead, it's incredibly difficult to do anything about it (I know the game at their place contradicts this). Was like watching some 12 year old geek playing Fifa at times, with their movement and passing. Obviously we lost it during the first half, but it still took a tremendous effort by them to manage the game in the second half, and against a lesser side, we might have been able to pull off the impossible, but not against a side as good as this.

Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up. They were very good tonight. There 3 and 4 genuinely look like prem players in waiting.

Thought 4-1 at half time flattered them, although they were a great side, they literally had 4 chances and that showed how clinical they where

Loungo ran the game, was class when on loan at Ipswich not too long ago, still has the class.

Hilly was well and truly outdone by Cooper Man tonight......end of.

Superb finishing by Swindon tonight and perhaps a lesson learned that we should've made use of loans to shore up the squad , especially given the injury problems we've had.

Swindon are the best side I've seen all season, in fact, I enjoyed watching them even though they beat us twice, 5-0 on aggregate. I look forward to them beating Sheff Utd on penalties at Wembley.

Sometimes you just have to say we were beaten by the better side. We didn't play badly at all tonight - indeed, with a bit more luck we could've easily scored a few more goals - but Swindon were fantastic.

Swindon were clearly a cut above us, and deserve to be where they are in the league. I'd put them above Preston in terms of ability, though they might lack a bit of grit

No shame at all, Swindon are a class above anything seen this season. They just always seemed to have a lot of time on the ball, fantastic one touch passing, certainly a style Hill would want want to implement here.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 08:49:41 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 08:55:03 »

Dale are a proper club, it's a shame that had the abomination which is Franchise, rightfully not been in the League they'd be in a PO spot as a reward for their endeavours.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:00:12 »

We haven't seen the words "Swindon" and "clinical" used in close proximity for a few weeks.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:01:14 »

Couple of other random thoughts on last night....can't ever recall a midfield player scoring a hat-trick for us in an away game. 

Anyone else got a suggestion?

Think our haul of 11 away wins currently stands as equal second best in our Div 3 history.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:04:09 »

didn't we win a couple more 95/96 season?   I'll check...
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:07:23 »

yep, was 13 away wins.
Flashheart

« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:07:26 »

it's a shame that had the abomination which is Franchise, rightfully not been in the League they'd be in a PO spot as a reward for their endeavours.

This is what so many people seem to miss where Franchisegate is concerned. They are taking a spot that would otherwise be occupied by a club that are there on merit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:07:47 »

didn't we win a couple more 95/96 season?   I'll check...

Yep 13...that's the best, I make 11 in 86/87 and this as joint second best.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:10:15 »

Couple of other random thoughts on last night....can't ever recall a midfield player scoring a hat-trick for us in an away game. 

Anyone else got a suggestion?

Think our haul of 11 away wins currently stands as equal second best in our Div 3 history.
I am pretty sure I have never seen a Town midfielder score a hattrick in an away fixture and thats in 40 years, not sure about before then.

And 11 away wins is great in any season.

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:12:23 »

Yep 13...that's the best, I make 11 in 86/87 and this as joint second best.

i skimmed a little, i missed the part where you said 'second best' and read it as 'best'

we still have the requisite fixtures to make it equal best mind...
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:14:17 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:13:42 »

yep, was 13 away wins.

We could equal it  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:14:13 »

We could equal it  Smiley
Outrageous optimism from Reg Wink

kaufman

« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 09:14:32 »

Didn't Horlock get one against Bristol Rovers?

Update, yes 

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: