Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Substitutions  (Read 2729 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:54:30 »

Just for once have to praise kingy for his use of substitutions. Each of them was spot on.

igoe was obviously injured so he brought on Howard, who had a good game. Then brough on Ifil and went 3-5-2. The midfield became more solid and Ifil supplied the second goal. And then obviously Roberts wasn't fit or was injured so he brough on Caton who ran around a lot like youth teamers do.

Spot in Kingy. Make the most of it!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 13:09:02 »

First time for everything!

Yes Kingy, well done for seeing Igoe was injured!  Well done indeed!  :roll:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 15:44:48 »

good decisions. used all THREE subs. wow!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 21:37:27 »

It was needed though.

What I was saying was he made a good decision with the replacement. He could easily have stuck Roberts right wing again or something but he put howard there and he did well. Why do ytou have to question everything Walrus?!
Marie

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 21:39:29 »

I said that when i came out of the ground. first time i think, tactically he was correct and deserves to be praised.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 21:46:59 »

He did well with the substitutions, however the formation I thought was shocking

4-5-1 against 3rd from bottom....
Marie

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 21:51:36 »

Oh yeah. dont get me wrong, im only talking about the subs! the starting formation was totally out? i thought we all saw how 4-5-1 didn't work earlier on? so why go back?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 21:54:40 »

Quote from: "Marie"
Oh yeah. dont get me wrong, im only talking about the subs! the starting formation was totally out? i thought we all saw how 4-5-1 didn't work earlier on? so why go back?!

At Luton, I can understand, not wanting to concede and stay in the game, but against a team at the bottom like Wrexham, we should have gone with 4-3-3 and tried to hammer them 6-0

4-5-1 doesnt work at the best of times, but at home against a struggling side....wasnt like King was short of choice. Proctor, Roberts, Caton and even at a push Howard could have filled in up front...

Cant believe King left it so long to switch to 2 up front, but once he did we scored 3 goals....not rocket science is it....
Marie

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 21:59:14 »

prcotor wasn't on the bench i dont think? didn't he already go back? unless im being really blonde and just didn't hear his name?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 22:01:20 »

Quote from: "Marie"
prcotor wasn't on the bench i dont think? didn't he already go back? unless im being really blonde and just didn't hear his name?

No he wasnt on the bench, but as far as I know he was still available to play if selected. I guess Kingy just didnt pick him, which seemed odd that he didnt pick a Proctors who is a striker and went 4-5-1
Marie

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 22:14:10 »

I assumed he had gone back early for whatever reason?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 23:07:41 »

At Luton, I can understand, not wanting to concede and stay in the game, but against a team at the bottom like Wrexham, we should have gone with 4-3-3 and tried to hammer them 6-0

Remember Wrexham are only at the bottom because they've had 10 points deducted, otherwise they would be mid table, they've also got the 4th best scoring record in the league away from home and put 6 past hartlepool in their last away game. They're no stockport.

Try to hammer them 6-0? Doesn't matter what formation we're playing  that would be the result of the decade.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 08:59:52 »

Ben, I don;t care who in League 1 we were playing on Saturday, you don;t start a match at home with 1 up front and expect to get results.  It was an absolute joke first half.
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 09:19:25 »

Credit to king - his subs and tactical changes were spot on

Abuse to king - He only had to make the right subs and tactical changes because his tactics were so fucking wrong in the first place.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 20:42:48 »

Bolton play 4-5-1 every game. Wouldn't complain if we were in their position!

But I think 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 are the ways forward with this squad. We've all seen how horribly wrong 4-3-3 can go with Parkin Invincibile and Sabin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: