Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26193 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 17:43:35 »

Just got back we played some great football with our midfield running the show I still don't know how we came away without at least a point. Crawley fans coming out could not believe they had just won that game , we gave Jensen a lot of stick but he made a couple of superb saves. The mist pleasing aspect of the game was even though we went 1 down and down to 10 men we still dominated.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 17:52:57 »

Just got back we played some great football with our midfield running the show I still don't know how we came away without at least a point. Crawley fans coming out could not believe they had just won that game , we gave Jensen a lot of stick but he made a couple of superb saves. The mist pleasing aspect of the game was even though we went 1 down and down to 10 men we still dominated.

We were in control with 11 players and looked like winning.
Mind you first half so many chances missed and blocks.

M25 a nightmare driving down.
kerry red

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 17:56:37 »

Makes you wonder why Louis wasn't sent off at Luton.

As the ref gave a penalty he obviously thought it was a deliberate handball - which is a sending off offence.

If he thought it wasn't deliberate he shouldn't have given a pen.

Just wondering
adje

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:06:36 »

in pure footballing terms, crawley didnt deserve to be on the same pitch today.Cant comment on the pen, I was too far away but then again so was the ref! Morally, Tomlin should have got a straight red for that dive, it was so outrageous.One criticism, our corners need to be 10 times better(we had enough of em!) Thompson N man of today for me, their keeper getting  mom for them tells all

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:10:48 »

Makes you wonder why Louis wasn't sent off at Luton.

As the ref gave a penalty he obviously thought it was a deliberate handball - which is a sending off offence.

If he thought it wasn't deliberate he shouldn't have given a pen.

Just wondering
isn't it that it's a goal scoring chance, ruined by a hand, rather than it being hand ball = red card?
either way, the handball at luton was given as a foul inside the area and therefore a penno

(i await DV's arrival to tell us all about high feet in the box not being a penno)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:43:05 »

Quote from: Fifa
red card

denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity
by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within
his own penalty area)

Penalty

A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits one of the ten offences
for which a direct free kick is awarded, inside its own penalty area and while
the ball is in play

• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
penalty area)

So the ref must have though Thompson deliberately handled the ball, but didn't deny a goalscoring opportunity. Which is basically calling Thompson thick!
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:47:48 by Batch » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:43:29 »

in pure footballing terms, crawley didnt deserve to be on the same pitch today.Cant comment on the pen, I was too far away but then again so was the ref! Morally, Tomlin should have got a straight red for that dive, it was so outrageous.One criticism, our corners need to be 10 times better(we had enough of em!) Thompson N man of today for me, their keeper getting  mom for them tells all
A-fucking-men to that. I don't know the stats but it felt like we had 20 corners and threatened from one.

I thought Jensen won it for them really. A couple of fantastic saves and then to have the vision and ability to clear it down the field, catching us completely exposed at the back, which lead to the peanalty/goal/sending off. The only way Crawley were going to score was from a pen I thought.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:46:00 »

This hasn't ended my world but it is frustrating to see the dominate and self-destruct issue reappear.

Let us hope we can bring in a little bit more depth because that bench didn't have much threat.
Yes. We really really need to hold on to what we've got and get two or three in. If we do that, we'll be OK. If not....
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:54:56 »

Crawley were total fucking toss and that result was one big massive injustice. Izale is a complete cunt and should have walked for being a persistent wanker. Big shout also to Tomlin who beat anything Suarez could muster up. Until the sending off we absolutely shat all over them. They resulted to leaving the foot in, leading with their elbows and basically arse raping Smith.
Couldn't see if it was a red or a pen. After that though we were still the better side. Fuck knows how they have won their 3 games so far but I'd hate to see the shit they serve up each week.
Keep the faith because on another day this would have been 3 or 4 nil to us.
The team really look together. MOM was difficult but Branco had Izale in his pocket in the 1st half.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 18:57:43 »

This hasn't ended my world but it is frustrating to see the dominate and self-destruct issue reappear.

Let us hope we can bring in a little bit more depth because that bench didn't have much threat.

yeah-very weak bench

adje

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 19:46:55 »

600 Town fans?Really?Seemed about half that!

Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 21:11:22 »

To be fair, I thought our away following today was pretty low numbers-wise. Especially when you consider it was off the back of two straight wins, a sunny day and not exactly a mission of a journey.  I was huddled up behind the goal and couldn't believe how sparse it was.

Hilariously low attendance overall. Non-League, and you know you are... Indeed.

"Great save, Digby."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 21:43:14 »

To be fair, I thought our away following today was pretty low numbers-wise. Especially when you consider it was off the back of two straight wins, a sunny day and not exactly a mission of a journey.  I was huddled up behind the goal and couldn't believe how sparse it was.

Hilariously low attendance overall. Non-League, and you know you are... Indeed.
2700 - You can't survive in L1 on that. I know they have so far, but long term - you just can't.

And they won't.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 21:52:28 »

The Adver report says we had 'close to 30 efforts' on goal...w' da fuck???

I can't see where they got that figure from. For me, the whole problem was not getting anywhere near enough decent, clear cut attempts on goal from all the possession we had.

30.....REALLY?Huh?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 23:10:33 »

Twice now we have been caught out with a long ball over the top. The defence really worries me and on a day like today when we don't take our chances we will end up on the losing side if we don't sure up at the back. Hopefully Stephens will come in and steady the ship though.

Having said all of the above though we seem to have a decent team spirit this season so far and seem to determined to put last season's away hoodoo behind us. Let's hope we get 3 points on Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: