Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26214 times)
kerry red

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:24:28 »

Only talking about Stephens improving the defence.

Don't think he's any sort of messiah
Flashheart

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:27:46 »

Messiah?

He's a player that has demonstrated that he is very good at this level. I don't see what's wrong with looking forward to his (supposedly) imminent arrival.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:33:54 »

This hasn't ended my world but it is frustrating to see the dominate and self-destruct issue reappear.

Let us hope we can bring in a little bit more depth because that bench didn't have much threat.

Indeed, it all just had that familiar ring of last season's away games about it.  Very frustrating.

Stephens will improve the defence, but it was not hitting the target that was the problem today.  Created enough chances.  Let's hope it was just an off day.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:34:46 »

Stephens aint coming in. He's off to Sheffield United instead.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:35:23 »

That's not what I'm really getting at. We do need Stephens based on all but one of his performances last season.

I just think there's an assumption that we're sorted once he arrives.

I'm just being cautious, that's all.
Flashheart

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:35:37 »

I thought much of the problem last season was not creating enough chances?

GET IT FORWARD!!! (Ring a bell?)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:43:00 »

On train back. Very frustrating game, we dominated before and after the red card. Can't comment on the decision as it was too far away.

We played some decent stuff but seemed really reluctant to shoot in and around the box. We did look decent going forward but suspect at the back again, getting caught out over the top is a particular problem. Still, plenty of positives and if we continue to play like that we will win more games than we lose.

Great turnout from town fans, made some decent noise too. Wes' new chant is pretty good as well Smiley
REDBUCK

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:44:58 »

Indeed, it all just had that familiar ring of last season's away games about it.  Very frustrating.

Stephens will improve the defence, but it was not hitting the target that was the problem today.  Created enough chances.  Let's hope it was just an off day.

From what I can remember the issue last year was that we had no threat on goal in away games, we just sat back and aimed for a draw. The main complaint was that we weren't creating many chances at all.

Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:45:54 »

Getting caught over the top is always going to be a risk playing this formation. At any level.
Good value for the win today even with 10 men but too hesitant at times when in shooting and crossing positions. More positives than negatives though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:47:59 »

From what I can remember the issue last year was that we had no threat on goal in away games, we just sat back and aimed for a draw. The main complaint was that we weren't creating many chances at all.

That's how I remember it as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:51:37 »

That's not what I'm really getting at. We do need Stephens based on all but one of his performances last season.

I just think there's an assumption that we're sorted once he arrives.

I'm just being cautious, that's all.

I think that's the correct assessment. I think he'll improve us because he was consistently good last season. As I said before, my worry is that he was playing alongside an experienced defender. This year he won't be.

That's not to say Branco can't become a better player, or that Turnbull isn't good enough. I think it a bit of an unknown.

In any case three games in and we are competitive, which is nice!
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 16:57:17 »

Gittens was very softly spoken wasn't he? Felt a bit like Radio 4.
Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 17:01:46 »

Gittens was very softly spoken wasn't he? Felt a bit like Radio 4.

Reminded me of Chris Eubank without the lisp.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 17:05:36 »

This arsenal game on sky going the same way as ours, but arsenal haven't had as many chances as we did yet have had more possession!

But arsenal just got an equalizer.  Sad
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 17:16:24 by corner » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, August 16, 2014, 17:41:55 »

I was one of the "30", it was 3rd. April 1979 and I had school the next morning. Do I know you???

No, unless you were the hot 18 year old bird I was with at the time.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: