Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Contraversial/Unpopular Post Alert!!!!  (Read 3423 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 13:12:03 »

I honestly think that if he wasn't in the team we'd score more goals.  We create more chances and someone like Roberts, Bouazza, Thorpe could reaps the benefits.

With Rory in the side we're too one dimensional.

The crowd was class last half hour, made a lot of noise for such a small number.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 13:20:40 »

I understand the point you're making jan, but dropping Fallon would be suicide - without his goals we'd be really fucked.

I don't accept the point about the longballs stopping once Rory went off either, it continued with Roberts and Bouazza on the pitch as well. The problem is with the defence, particularly Gurney and Ifil when he plays.

If we started with the same formation we ended with (except with an 11th player in midfield) I doubt we'd perform in a similar manner. As others have said, we had nothing left to lose and we just threw the kitchen sink at Scunny on Saturday and they weren't expecting it, we'd been shite for 70 minutes and then we started threatening them. We went gung-ho because we had nothing to lose, if we started gung-ho against Huddersfield we'd be on the end of another 4-0 defeat at the least.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 14:26:48 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Sorry fella's I realise that this is going to go down like Fallon in the penalty area but I have to get this off my chest.

Iffy,

Please see sense, when Rory's ban is over do not recall him.  Yep I accept that he has scored 7 goals and I accept his work rate has improved beyond belief, however, can you not see that when he's on the pitch all our defenders, do is lump it up to him?  We completely bypass our midfield and our wide players struggle to get in the game as a result.

On Saturday as soon as Rory was sent off, we started playing football, no more long hopeful punts up field for our target man to flick on to no one, Christain and Hameur were given the oppurtunity to get involved, they ran at the Scunts defence and looked a real menace.

Come on Iffy, I thought you were supposed to be an intelligent man.

Jan

Now waiting for the TEF back lash.

Well what we need to do is stop hoofin it up field. Simple. And Fallon could do with someone like Shakes upfront with him and Roberts and Bouzza on the wings.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 14:29:18 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I understand the point you're making jan, but dropping Fallon would be suicide - without his goals we'd be really fucked.

I don't accept the point about the longballs stopping once Rory went off either, it continued with Roberts and Bouazza on the pitch as well. The problem is with the defence, particularly Gurney and Ifil when he plays.

If we started with the same formation we ended with (except with an 11th player in midfield) I doubt we'd perform in a similar manner. As others have said, we had nothing left to lose and we just threw the kitchen sink at Scunny on Saturday and they weren't expecting it, we'd been shite for 70 minutes and then we started threatening them. We went gung-ho because we had nothing to lose, if we started gung-ho against Huddersfield we'd be on the end of another 4-0 defeat at the least.

But we could have actually won the game on saturday.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 16:11:43 »

Rory plays better with balls to his feet.
You want him to be dropped so we play the ball to feet?

I'm sure Iffy could drum it into the lads that Rory has legs aswell as a head, and that we have two men out wide capable of outpacing most players in this division.

I think that with Roberts and Bouazza up front we would lose width and threat on the wings.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 16:14:14 »

i think the system we play with now is good. 3 games - 0 defeats. its got to be doing something right hasn't it?
benji_turner

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 17:36:19 »

Rory does indeed look better with the ball at his feet. Don't know if you guys were watchin the game closely enough but there was a 2-3 minute period where Swindon played the ball short, and stopped hoofing. Whalley showed he was far more comfortable at this time, and a good balanced build up involving most of the players with a bit of slick passing ended up with...pook getting the ball which unfortunately messed it up, but i really do think we should keep it on the floor. With the pace we are blessed with we could cause a lot more problems with it on the floor. Oh and here's my team for the Huddersfield game:

Heaton/ Jenkins/O'Hanlon/Comyn Platt/Nicholas/ Shakes/Gurney/Whalley/Jack Smith(left mid if he's fit) or if not Pook i guess!/ Roberts/Bouazza
Dazzza

« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 17:56:14 »

The Telegraph agrees with a lot you said there janaage...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/10/24/sfgswi24.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/10/24/ixfooty.html

I tend to agree though it's the rest of the team that need looking rather than the strikers, perhaps explaining the poor form of Cureton and Thorpe, who I still think will come good this season.

BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 18:13:02 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
The Telegraph agrees with a lot you said there janaage...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/10/24/sfgswi24.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/10/24/ixfooty.html

I tend to agree though it's the rest of the team that need looking rather than the strikers, perhaps explaining the poor form of Cureton and Thorpe, who I still think will come good this season.

Does the telegraph website always have reasonably in-depth reports such as this for league one matches?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 08:20:25 »

Just for info fella's there's a new footie paper out on Sundays "The Football League Paper", gives in depth reports on all League matches and a nice touch is that they only give small reports on Premiership matches, a role reversal of the normal papers.

Nice report that btw Dazzza, I'm not entirely crazy then.
fatbury

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 08:22:18 »

Yeah I got a copy of it .. not bad !
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: