Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Millwall Match Day Thread  (Read 28396 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 17:59:13 »

Well, what can I say. First 20 minutes were awful. Branco was a fish out of water, the back three got torn a new one every time they attacked, the midfield was slow and weak and Milwall canter.

But we started to adapt to them an started to compete, at least compete closer than in the first part of the half. But it still felt they largely has us at arms length, one smartish save aside.

Would like to see their second again as I looked a fraction of a second after the ball was played and the Millwall player was offside, but he may have timed it to perfection - not that the lino was up with play.

Then, after Robert was replaced by Rodgers, we started to make progress. Sure we were a bit too slow at times and I can't say it was Rodgers changed the game. But the game definitely changed. We seemed to realise that Millwall are a good team but still a division 3 team. We got a lifeline back after the Mlilwall defender was megged, put his arm up and down went Doughty (?). Bit soft, but we'll take it.

And from then on it was us trying and largely failing to make a chance and Millwall holding on, until the last 30 seconds when we got what we probably just about deserved. It felt like a winner.

In fact we could have got a winner had a last kick clearance that we charged down fell nicer for us.

Thought we showed a lot of determination and kept calm given the first 20. Excellent.
Couldn't argue with that, our customary slow start fucked us really, Millwall looked a good team at that point breaking forward with speed and putting us under real pressure.  Second half we realy got to grips with them but guilty of overdoing it a lot of the time, and the high ball into Beaks and Ajose was gobbled up everytime.  2-0 and you fucked it up rang right around the ground at the final whistle and we deserved a point for our endeavour but make no mistake - we got out of jail!!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 18:02:00 »

Every time we go behind I keep saying surely we won't come back but another brilliant comeback again!

It's a shame that we start games so slowly, we're not able to cope with teams tempo as we usually stick with same tempo throughout so the game almost adjusts to our need after about 20 minutes. Don't know why Branco started, the game after we kept a home clean sheet for the first time in the season and it was without him.

Actually think Rodgers changed the game, he was a player willing to get the ball and then move it on. Helped us keep it a lot better and kept them chasing. Think they were knackered at the end due to this and we always keep going right to the end, brilliant character within the squad.

For all the possession we had, we didn't really create that much but were probably worthy of a point. COYR
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 18:11:41 »

Branco wins the pen and Rodgers changes the game. Well I never

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 18:17:49 »

How the fuck did Morrison not get a yellow for that tackle?

Wallace was a fucking prick too, would have been happy for L Thompson to have chinned him in that melee
EldeneRed

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 18:50:03 »

Best we can hope for is a 0 0 score draw.

Good luck with those expecting an atmosphere.

Luck was on our side today it seems.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 18:52:17 »

The video of the Town fans bench pressing as a Millwall bus went past is fairly amusing!

Deserved a point today. Started slow but grew into the game as Millwall stupidly let us have the ball. They are a decent side to be fair, very organised and powerful so a point really isn't a bad result at all.

Bench pressing a corner flag though... first time I've seen that celebration!
EldeneRed

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 18:54:40 »

The video of the Town fans bench pressing as a Millwall bus went past is fairly amusing!

Deserved a point today. Started slow but grew into the game as Millwall stupidly let us have the ball. They are a decent side to be fair, very organised and powerful so a point really isn't a bad result at all.

Bench pressing a corner flag though... first time I've seen that celebration!

Link us this video Tails!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 19:15:50 »

Did anyone see what was going on down manny road? Didnt look nice.

Stuck in the traffic a few behind the police dogs van.

Seemed to be a lot of people shouting 'come on you cahnt', 'let fucking have it you toilet', that sort of thing. 

To be honest some of the Milwall attitude on the pitch was on display on the Manny road as well.

There front 2 are niggly horrible tossers arent they.  And their manager spent most of the game playing the same sort of shit.

Pretty out of order for Morrison to be pushing players over after the final whistle.

Never knowingly overstated.
REDBUCK

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 19:20:32 »

Not a big surprise though is it, it's expected of the players and management to play and act that way.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 19:25:24 »

I was surprised we started without a hard tackling holding midfielder like Traore, who I think has been excellent in that role, so was not surprised that our defence was exposed so badly early on. We could have conceded a couple more. Was Traore injured, or is he not considered as good as I think he is?

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 19:29:47 »

When that Millwall fan through the ball back onto the pitch and they all booed him, we said "Wouldn't want to be him if we score from this now". Hey ho, 30 seconds later and we're going mental and he's the loneliest man in the away end Cheesy Love it - draw that feels like a win!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 19:42:17 »

Well done to Nicky Ajose for reaching 20 league goals for the season, so entering into the stellar pantheon of Town strikers/goalscorers joining the other 16 players who've achieved this feat in my time, going back to 1960 and Bronco Layne. Of these, 5 achieved it in Div 2, namely Iffy Onuora, Craig Maskell, Deadly Duncan Shearer....three times, Chalkie White and Jimmy Quinn. Paul Rideout is the only player to achieve it in Div 4.

So Nicky joins these, Ernie Hunt, Don Rogers...three times, Peter Eastoe, Andy Rowland, SSP...three times, Simon Cox with 29 the most for a season, Charlie Austin, Billy Paynter and last but not least Andy Williams  Smiley
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 19:46:23 »

Well that was a pleasant way for the game to end.

Was moved to join in with the 2-0 & you fucked it up chants echoing round the ground Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 19:55:47 »

Is there some doubt about our 2nd goalscorer cos bet365 don't want to settle my bet Doughty to score anytime

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, March 12, 2016, 20:01:05 »

Is there some doubt about our 2nd goalscorer cos bet365 don't want to settle my bet Doughty to score anytime

Nope...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: