Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Millwall Match Day Thread  (Read 28289 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 14:48:07 »

Disappointing in terms of this probably being our strongest team on paper.    I don't see us scoring and wouldn't be surprised if we concede again from a set play or Branco or Thompson get sent off.

And this is the reason I don't bet!

I've not yet got my head round the fact that we now have a manager who changes things when required and a team who can't ever be written off when 2 goals down.

As others have said, it felt like we'd won the game.  Absolutely brilliant.  Usual moronic behaviour from the Millwall fans, several hoardings ripped off in the Stratton Bank and a a couple of seats came flying over in the Arkells.  Surely the sensible thing would have been to keep the Millwall supporters in the ground for a bit instead of placing barriers up outside the ground to try and segregate the two sets of supporters.  Fairly pointless when there was a mix of both coming from the Arkells.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 15:04:34 »

But we don't do sensible Jo!!
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 19:57:47 »

he's in pic 4 aswel.

i thought that was who rory bellows was Smiley

His teeth look like a fucking row of bombed out houses!!
Neanderthal twats.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 23:17:36 »

Is being out of shape and ugly a crime now?  Huh?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 23:19:01 »

When taking the piss out of millwall fans, no not a crime, just fun.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 23:21:59 »

Phew  Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 23:37:53 »

Millwall must be quite worried about future income, as most of their fans look as if they'll croak if they run 20 yards.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 01:02:16 »

There really were some evolutionary mistakes about. I don't like to denigrate people who are obviously already a bit broken, but they literally were just grunting and making aggressive gestures. Sod Neanderthals, they were Austrolopithecene.
I heard one group of twonks say if Miiiiiill didn't win there'd be no window left intact in Swindon. How 'ard.
One guy even made comments at me that basically meant he wanted to assault me sexually, but I think I have more boobs than he did teeth (and I have the standard boobage).
« Last Edit: Monday, March 14, 2016, 01:04:39 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 08:31:00 »

They'll all be laughing about these stories down the job centre this morning.
Panda Paws

« Reply #114 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 08:54:41 »

Watched the highlights - seems like we got away with a poor first half, they could have had another couple by the looks of things. Pen looked soft but nice last-minute goal from Doughty, who's really impressing. Another assist for Barry too...
Chrystovski

« Reply #115 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 09:07:19 »

Happy with a point, keeps the unbeaten run going and will no doubt ensure a good atmosphere next Saturday even if we are realistically going to struggle to make the playoffs.

What do we reckon, 9 wins required out of the remaining 11?

Overall I thought Millwall were the better side and were comfortable for large patches of the game, they looked well organised and exploited our lack of pace\organisation at the back. Could and should of been 4-0 by HT. I felt we lacked leadership throughout, could do with a couple of battlers to take the game by the scruff of the neck. One at the back and one in the middle.

Credit to our boys though, another comeback when we looked well beaten. I for one didn't see it coming.
I was disappointed to see JSW dropped for Branco who looked shaky on his return.

Atmosphere was superb, would be lovely if it was like it for every home game.
Although singing 'Forever blowing bubbles' was by far the most embarrassing moment of the season.  No

Onto Coventry, looking forward to a decent day out.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 09:24:18 »

Pretty much agree with all that Chrystovski. Though I thought we did control the second half, the (soft) penalty gave us the extra we needed to really start threatening. Up to then I thought we were in control but not going to score.

First half though, no, we should have been buried. Millwall took their foot off and we grew into it.

Even so, we have come a long way now. Can't see us making the playoffs without a miracle, but to come back against a team of the calibre of Millwall is validation enough ! Williams is impressing at the moment with his tactical knowledge and ability to change it about - though we still look clueless at throw ins, corners and dubious passing too much at the back Smiley

So frustrating, because I think had we not had the injury crisis early on, we'd have 3 or 4 more points. And then we would be knocking on the PO door and in good form - ah well, given the disaster this season looked not so long ago, I'm happy.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 09:50:22 »

The Adver stats say Swindon committed 4 fouls, Millwall 17.  Was that correct?  Harris claimed it was the other way around!!  On reflection we almost gave as good as we got, but why, of why, do we fall into the trap of such a slow, pedestrian start to the game thereby giving our opponents a huge early advantage - happens most games these days!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #118 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 09:59:12 »

The Adver stats say Swindon committed 4 fouls, Millwall 17.  Was that correct?  Harris claimed it was the other way around!!  On reflection we almost gave as good as we got, but why, of why, do we fall into the trap of such a slow, pedestrian start to the game thereby giving our opponents a huge early advantage - happens most games these days!
BBC stats say

Possession -  Home 61%    Away 39%

Shots - Home 9    Away 6

Shots on Target - Home 4 Away 3

Corners - Home 5  Away 5

Fouls - Home 4 Away 17

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, March 14, 2016, 10:31:36 »

Pretty much agree with all that Chrystovski. Though I thought we did control the second half, the (soft) penalty gave us the extra we needed to really start threatening. Up to then I thought we were in control but not going to score.

First half though, no, we should have been buried. Millwall took their foot off and we grew into it.

Even so, we have come a long way now. Can't see us making the playoffs without a miracle, but to come back against a team of the calibre of Millwall is validation enough ! Williams is impressing at the moment with his tactical knowledge and ability to change it about - though we still look clueless at throw ins, corners and dubious passing too much at the back Smiley

So frustrating, because I think had we not had the injury crisis early on, we'd have 3 or 4 more points. And then we would be knocking on the PO door and in good form - ah well, given the disaster this season looked not so long ago, I'm happy.

Had we got the extra few points Cooper would have kept the job...if has has been postulated Cooper and Williams fell out, maybe Williams would have gone etc.

We've very nearly got the magic 52, so the remit til the end of the season should be, take each game as it comes, get the players to enjoy themselves, which is what they seem to be doing, give some of the potential youth teamers a run out, and see where we end up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: