Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Away game  (Read 1710 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 19:34:15 »

The guys I go to Hearts games with want to see Swindon play at some point this season. It'll have to be one of the fairly Northern away games and when Hearts aren't at home. I have picked out Forest away in February, do you think this would be a good game to go to? May even make a weekend of it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spencer_White

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 19:45:43 »

Yeah, thats definately the stand out game. You could get one further north, but not nearly as good a game.

We havent been there since 1998 (?). So it should be a new one for many Town fans and therefore a good turnout.

I know I will be making the effort. Id love to have a chat with them about football up there n stuff too. Fair play to them for wanting to come and see us play, did they see fridays game at all?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 19:52:46 »

Last time we played up there Talia did an Ifil. ie went charging way way out of possition, daft cunt.

Def a stand out as Spencer says, and probably one of the games your mates would be more inclined to go to.

Good on 'em.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 19:54:18 »

i'm meeting some customers for the first time at that game, will be on the train to, think i'll make an interesting impression  Cheesy  Beers

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 19:57:32 »

May be doing a coach to that game Cool

/
W56196272
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 19:59:15 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
May be doing a coach to that game Cool

yeovil and the hoolie bus,  i look forward to the book  Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 20:03:12 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Yeah, thats definately the stand out game. You could get one further north, but not nearly as good a game.

We havent been there since 1998 (?). So it should be a new one for many Town fans and therefore a good turnout.

I know I will be making the effort. Id love to have a chat with them about football up there n stuff too. Fair play to them for wanting to come and see us play, did they see fridays game at all?

2 of them are Northern Irish and 2 of them are from Edinburgh and all are die hard Jambos, all of them have been across Europe with Hearts, 1 of them even went to Sarajevo a couple of seasons back.

None of them caught the friday night game as they were all out even though I reminded them daily for about 2 weeks that we were on! They saw the Brighton second leg play-off game at the boozer thought and wanted me to get tickets for the final, cue Adam Virgo and all that! I got a drink after the game when they saw how distraught I was!

Forest it is then!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 20:11:06 »

Swindon in Europe. We can only dream. Maybe we should join the SPL?  Tongue

Myabe you should tie them to the sofa and force them to watch fridays first half. Magic.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 20:57:40 »

Then they will think Swindon are great and not have to watch us being humiliated by Forest
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 20:59:30 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Then they will think Swindon are great and not have to watch us being humiliated by Forest

Good point. Last match I took a Jock too was my old flat mate who is a Rangers fan. We went to see Swindon at Blackpool which was an awful 0-0 draw! He's never been back!

Spud

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 21:08:27 »

I know there's quite a few of us sorting out travel arrangements for Forest away.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 21:10:24 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

Good point. Last match I took a Jock too was my old flat mate who is a Rangers fan. We went to see Swindon at Blackpool which was an awful 0-0 draw! He's never been back!
When has Swindon vs Blackpool not been a draw in recent years?!

The last time either side WON, Alan Young got the winner!
And the last time Blackpool won against us Mr Invincibile missed a last minute penalty. How miserable the journey home was. SO CLOSE!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 21:21:52 »

Quote from: "Whits"
i'm meeting some customers for the first time at that game, will be on the train to, think i'll make an interesting impression  Cheesy  Beers

bollocks, there goes my lift  :x
adje

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 21:24:46 »

i'm in Nottm for that weekend-introducing some non-believers to the Wacky World of TEF!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 22:01:27 »

Quote from: "adje"
i'm in Nottm for that weekend-introducing some non-believers to the Wacky World of TEF!
That's the way!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: