Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rovers  (Read 17759 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 21:28:38 »

FGR seemed to have more possession, and short passed much more accurately than us. We were lucky to win. Only slightly better fitness and strength brought us through later, IMO.

ust be the oldest
Red Len

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 21:30:53 »

Aljofree led by example today, captains job an all, shame that few followed him mind. Also encouraging to see him lead the huddle on the pitch after the whistle. Not an easy week week for the players and they should be credited for coming back as they did.

A proper old fashioned cup tie played out in awful conditions. I quite enjoyed it...although I'd be well hacked off if I was an FG fan tonight!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 23:05:30 »

I think people are being quite harsh to be honest.

Okay it wasn't a classic performance but my view was that we played well in patches and had a spell when the weather got really bad) where we switched off. Obviously that's not a good thing but the rest of the game we did okay!

Fair play to FGR they played brilliantly for a Conference side but we seemed to have more of a cutting edge. When you think about it, Paynter and Sturrock should both have scored simple goals and we also hit the post.

As for the protests...I wasn't there after the game but the coffin procession was IMO a minor success. Not many people joined in because of the weather but people seemed to support our point and at the end of the day we raised some awareness. Shame me and Lady were the only ones willing to start chants!
As for the next round, I quite fancy Oxford but the flip side would be the possibiliity of playing Southend. A chance to see us at Anfield would be nice before Liverpool move!

We'll probably get Colchester away or something  :|
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 23:27:55 »

I think we will get a league two team soapy tit wank for some reason.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 01:45:55 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I think people are being quite harsh to be honest.

Okay it wasn't a classic performance but my view was that we played well in patches and had a spell when the weather got really bad) where we switched off. Obviously that's not a good thing but the rest of the game we did okay!

Fair play to FGR they played brilliantly for a Conference side but we seemed to have more of a cutting edge. When you think about it, Paynter and Sturrock should both have scored simple goals and we also hit the post.

As for the protests...I wasn't there after the game but the coffin procession was IMO a minor success. Not many people joined in because of the weather but people seemed to support our point and at the end of the day we raised some awareness. Shame me and Lady were the only ones willing to start chants!
As for the next round, I quite fancy Oxford but the flip side would be the possibiliity of playing Southend. A chance to see us at Anfield would be nice before Liverpool move!

We'll probably get Colchester away or something  :|

oi! I tried my best!
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 10:42:14 »

I think FGR deserved a replay tbh but thats football  Wink

Any Premiership side away will do...get a draw... bring em back ere & turn em over...alternatively, Plymouth at home  :|
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 10:59:48 »

As people often do on here, here is my post mortem of individuals performances and anyone not mentioned simply did ok : -

Minge-defensively superb, not so great going forward
Smith-still not at his best
Tozer-poor distribution but still young so can't knock him too much altho I would personally snap everton's hand off if they put any kinda offer in that was in the region of what we got for Lucas
Easton & Pook - difficult conditions yes, lots of endeavour yes, distribution awful
Paynter-probably missed cox buzzin around him  :shock: but no excuse for his inept display-shouldve been subbed with half hour left
Corr-he'll come good again

I boooed.......coz I wanted Paynter taken off instead of Bazza and I clapped Lionel & told my mate he was gonna get the winner  

Think the difference between Hasney's celebration & Lionel's spoke volumes imo and will expand on that if necessary  Smiley
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 11:52:56 »

It did seem a bizzare substitution but Byrne said he took Big Bazz off instead of Paytner so he would be OK for Tuesday night

He also said a rude word when we were recording him - think he was also live on Radio Swindon!  Soapy Tit Wank
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 11:59:35 »

Quote from: "arriba"
we were diobolical imo.

Yet scored three goals and won, and bar a 20 minute period kept them at bay fairly comfortably.

I'm not having this played off the park rubbish. It was a massive game for them and they were bound to play out their skins. We never got out of first gear yet still had too much quality going forward and defending.

If we played like we do in some league games, it would have been humiliating for them.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 12:33:37 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Quote from: "arriba"
we were diobolical imo.

Yet scored three goals and won, and bar a 20 minute period kept them at bay fairly comfortably.

I'm not having this played off the park rubbish. It was a massive game for them and they were bound to play out their skins. We never got out of first gear yet still had too much quality going forward and defending.

If we played like we do in some league games, it would have been humiliating for them.
Agree with most of that. Although to be honest I wouldn't say we were stuck in first gear....we just never looked at our best. Had Paynter and Sturrock put away those two piss easy chances the scoreline would have been much more convincing and nobody would have complained anywhere near as much
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, December 2, 2007, 12:53:08 »

Bez did ok for me, Aljofree was pretty good, Easton did ok, Allen when he cam eon out of position did well...the rest were well bellow par, but I put a lot of that down to the conditions, some of the worst I have seen since the fateful Stevenage game a few years back.

FGR did enough to win but we got more goals....thyey were up for the game and we had alot of suspensions and injuries.

We are in the next round, Cambridge away next round?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, December 3, 2007, 10:08:01 »

Jack Smith concerned me a bit as he kept drifting infield leaving their guy free on the wing.  Thought the minge did 5 or 6 great tackles with his heel! but struggled to pass it to anyone in red.  FGR seemed to move the ball quicker and know where their men were whereas there were a few embarrasing occasions where we had no idea where to play it, so booted it long.    That said, when we did get it right we looked a class apart.  Didn't think Tozer was that bad but had trouble working out who was who when the rain came pissing down.  Shame Luggy wasn't around to comment on that wind  Cheesy
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, December 3, 2007, 12:07:39 »

I'm really starting to dislike Paynter. He just seems to react so bloody slowly to everything and generally look lethargic. He also wins virtually fuck all in the air for a fairly big bloke

The adver report got it wrong also-  people wernt booing blair coming on , they were booing Corr being taken off, not Paynter
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #223 on: Monday, December 3, 2007, 12:13:30 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
I'm really starting to dislike Paynter. He just seems to react so bloody slowly to everything and generally look lethargic. He also wins virtually fuck all in the air for a fairly big bloke

The adver report got it wrong also-  people wernt booing blair coming on , they were booing Corr being taken off, not Paynter

I have to disagree with that, where I was stood in the town end there were a huge amount of boos lasting much much longer than when Corr went off, and shouts of fuck off Sturrock from a few as well, 2 people sat behind me questioned my parentage when I clapped Sturrock coming on and said prove a point.

It may not have been a vast majority but it was certainly enough to make themselves known.

3 points.....1, Sturrock is our player...I wont ever boo a player just for playing (Pook and Sturrock 2 players in question)....2, Blair Sturrock is not his dad, he has not quit us....3, surely Sturrock has a point to prove to those booing fans that he can merit a position in the team not just for nepetism.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, December 3, 2007, 12:18:36 »

i made a point of cheering him, pissed me right off hearing all the boo's.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: