Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Leeds Matchday Thread  (Read 18284 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #210 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 09:22:38 »

i know, Prutton for kicking the ball away after an offside just talked to him. Then someone going through the back of Craig Easton. And then either Rui Marques/Kandol tried to headbutt Paynter. Added on 4 mins at then end of the game only played 2.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 13:53:22 »

Fucking burgers were shite too.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 14:13:58 »

Quote from: "Scot Munroe"
i know, Prutton for kicking the ball away after an offside just talked to him. Then someone going through the back of Craig Easton. And then either Rui Marques/Kandol tried to headbutt Paynter. Added on 4 mins at then end of the game only played 2.
They did actually play 4 minutes extra, the board went up well before they annonced it. Other than that though there is very little I can say about the referee that wouldn't involve a death threat. Fucking disgraceful.

Oh and our support was great second half. Pretty safe to say we outsung them, and they had no response to half of what we sang other than to just clap sarcastically. Bunch of knob jockeys - hope they catch something off the referee next time his cock is up their arse.
sonic youth

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 16:29:19 »

pook was excellent but it was a good team performance.

we need a win against rovers, i'm concerned we'll stagnate
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 16:36:35 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Don Batch is not happy at the result. Wise may sleep with the fishes tonight.

I didn't spot you Bernie, or did I?

I was right at the front mate, you were right behind me on the upper level!

You wanna wear that coat to six a side, I won't come anywhere near you!

Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 16:38:40 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
pook was excellent but it was a good team performance.

we need a win against rovers, i'm concerned we'll stagnate

Rovers is now a key game....with a Tuesday night in Carlisle and a trip to graveyard  Roots Hall to come, we could very easily enterr the December/Jan bank holiday period hovering just above the relegation zone.
DMR

« Reply #216 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 17:51:52 »

pook, ifil, zaboub and peacock were immense - not often i'd say that about any of them.

still concerned about who partners ifil, again - in my opinion - aljofree has cost us at least one point.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 18:04:30 »

ref was utter gash. leeds fans were below average. chicken balti pie was ok. town support was quality.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 20:10:49 »

Heres a report from (Bugsy) leeds fan forum:

Strange match really; we didn't play that well, Swindon played the better football, but I never felt we wouldn't win.

First goal was a daft penalty to concede and when your only argument is that the handball took place outside the box, you know you're in trouble. Outstanding penalty by JB by the way.

Their equaliser was a superb counter-attack and after the first half, was probably deserved. Heath may get the blame, but he shouldn't have been left with one of their quick men.

Our second was a peach. Howson's vision sent a great ball up to Tres who showed strength and commitment to win it and lay it off to JB who's finish was a beaut of a strike.

Not much else to report after that: their striker should've been booked for claiming his hand-ball goal, which the linesman spotted well and early. Perhaps the ref didn't have any yellow cards left as it seemed to me that most of the Swindon side got carded; I'm sure even their coach driver got a yellow.

The Kop had some fun with their RW after he clattered into Prutts and it would've been a red if Prutts had stayed down I reckon. Apparently having dyed blond hair is a clear indication of homosexuality to the Kop, but it was all great fun and added to a very Christmassy atmosphere.

Just under 28,000 at ER, inlcuding a cheese-wedge-full of surprisingly noisy Swindon fans who put their Millwall predecessors to chame.

Another joke ref, not biasesd, just poor all-round, and anoter 3 points to take us into 4th place. Hope we get another -15 next year!

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 20:13:16 »

Heres the goals

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 22:11:55 »

Don't see how they can complain about the ref. He gave one or two dodgy decisions against them but only at points where town fans were beginning to look through their copies of "Murder for Dummies"
Spencer_White

« Reply #221 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 08:23:40 »

I think its fair to say that Leeds never looked like loosing. They controlled the tempo of the game throughout. They had their comfort zone increased dramatically by that ref.

What a homer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 08:28:27 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
pook, ifil, zaboub and peacock were immense - not often i'd say that about any of them.

Huh? surely a typo. HIs defending was inconsistent to say the least.
DMR

« Reply #223 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 10:05:23 »

He's not a defender.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 10:13:07 »

I agree to an extent, but he was playing as one on Saturday. He was absolutely outstanding there v Orient, but the Leeds forwards were a different kettle of fish.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: