Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 32189 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 18:24:31 »

what do you lot think we are going to do this season?
is anything other than a promotion push good enough?

12th
no
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 19:27:02 »

what do you lot think we are going to do this season?
is anything other than a promotion push good enough?

No idea yet....it's too early to tell. We could do with a winning run asap though.

Personally I've long given up having any major expectations, it's what the Board think that is important.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 19:31:57 »

What Reg said.

Many won't agree but if we don't get a few results in the next few games then Wilson will be in a dodgy position. He has spent a bit of cash and not replaced adequatly(yet).

He needs to get Douglas back on form asap as we are missing him really.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #273 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 19:35:37 »

I'm still optimisitc of the play offs - and I've not been on the bottle. We're not far off being a good team and dropping Rose amd Prutton was a good start to sorting ourselves out. There is something missing at the moment but if it clicks for us we're going to give someone a good shoeing this year and I think we're capable of going on a good run. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm still hopeful. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 20:45:16 »

What Reg said.

Many won't agree but if we don't get a few results in the next few games then Wilson will be in a dodgy position. He has spent a bit of cash and not replaced adequatly(yet).

He needs to get Douglas back on form asap as we are missing him really.

Most should agree. 5 games without a win is bad enough, a couple more and he's in very dodgy territory.

All this crap about waiting to gell annoys me - that part of pre-season. You get your players in, give them games to gell and get them fit. I appreciated alot of our new players ended up here later - Dossevi, Ferry, Caddis but thats still poor management on our part, should have pushed the deals through alot earlier.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 20:50:12 »

Don't agree at all Dave. Early season form is often erratic regardless. Some teams over achieve, some under.  If a player is only available in the last week before the deadline then so be it.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #276 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 21:32:39 »

Tbf though Batch Wilson and Fitton were the ones banging on all summer about bringing in better players and getting off to a better start than last season.
deltaincline

« Reply #277 on: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 22:52:09 »

The late arrival of Caddis and company was a pain in terms of pre-season preparation etc, but I think Fitton and Wilson are playing hard ball when it comes to bringing players in. If someone is borderline or fucks us about (Gow) they dont get through the door.

The knock-on to that is that the side takes a while to sort its self out, results are patchy or shite and they come under pressure and scrutiny from keyboard cunts like us.

I'd rather have it like that and build slower than I and everyone else would like, if thats what it takes to get things right long term.

Wilson will obviously be under a lot of pressure at the moment, but he'll be handling that fine.

I'm impressed that we kept Charlie on TDD and that Fitton effectively told chancers like Millwall to fuck off. No doubt the lad will go at some point, but I also have no doubt we'll get the right money for him with sell-ons and that Charlie will get to join a club that suits him and his career development.

Bottom of the fucking league hurts like fuck, but we have enough quality to piss this league. No doubt in my mind that we'll up and running in the next couple of games.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 07:16:21 »

chill cuntfucks, we are starting to play well again, only 7 points off top of table
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 07:56:43 »

chill cuntfucks, we are starting to play well again, only 7 points off top of table

Heh! heh!

cuntfucks Cool

I agree with that actually. I thought at the start of the season that we had a very, very decent set of players and a very, very good manager. I still think that. Some times you will get a few bad performances/results and it doesn't mean the players are suddenly not good enough or the manager has 'lost the plot' (a firm favourite on the 'thisis' board) There is no way anyone should even be thinking of Wilson being in the 'Hot Seat'. And I don't give a fuck what anyone else says, it can and does take time for players to gel - sometimes longer than others. Players are NOT components which you can just plug in. Of course, if Dave was in charge, he would have 'pushed the deals through a lot sooner'...(like Wilson and Fitton didn't try to do that Roll Eyes)...this management lark is a piece of piss when you're sat behind a keyboard isn't it?

I am as fucked off as the next person about how the season has started and I will admit to being slightly concerned looking at the table and seeing us bottom. Not that I am worried about relegation, but it is a hell of a difficult place to launch a promotion campaign from.

That said, I am sure we are good enough to put a decent run of results together (we've already had two in the last two games) and I am sure we will do that. In a month's time the table will look a lot different.
Dozno9

« Reply #280 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 08:16:36 »

We have lost 1 in the last 5, if this form was in mid season nobody would say a thing. The fact it has come about in the first few games means the leage table is exagerated. In real terms we would have dropped maybe 3-4 positions but certainly not be bottom. Plenty of time yet, ahem.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 08:46:49 »

We started slowly last season, and it all worked out reasonably well in the end. Keep the faith.....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #282 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 08:56:05 »

If we are bottom come January then maybe start panicking a little but theres 41 games left FFS.

Keep the faith.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 09:00:10 »

Some very measured comments on here, which is good to see.  No need to panic yet, although I'm sure that DW will be aware that if we're still in the bottom 4 after another 5 games, questions will start to be asked.  For what it's worth, I don't think it will come to that.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #284 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 09:23:31 »

Me either Ardiles. Plenty of positive comments coming from teams we have played so far,it will does stink of last season when we just were not taking our chances doesn't it.

My only slight concern is last year when that was the case we were able to bring in players who changed our fortunes i just hope we can do that this year and also like i said we desperatly need Douglas to start playing again like he did last year.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: