Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will we win in Saff Afrika?  (Read 10627 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 17, 2004, 18:09:59 »

Not a bad day today,
SA 1st inns 273-7

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DMR

« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 17, 2004, 18:45:30 »

Matthew Hoggard with the second new ball- was the best spell of bowling I've seen in ages
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 17, 2004, 20:12:24 »

Definitely first day honours to England. On a slowish but very good batting wicket the South Africans would have wanted at least 350+ which seems pretty unlikely now.

Hoggard and Freddie were the real thorns in SA's side in terms of wickets today and deservedly so, but the way Giles and Jones bowled in the middle session even though we didn't take a wicket, was superb.

A fine knock from Rudolph, although I'm not sure what he was doing when he was dismissed. I'm still not that convinced by him - he doesn't like short bowling so I look forward to getting on some bouncier wickets, plus his lack of footwaork must make him vunerable to sideways movement. Still, in this Test neither can be exploited.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 16:20:39 »

What a day! Straussy you feckin legend.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 16:59:40 »

Is Gibbs injured? And who is that S.A. bloke with that funny beard.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 17:41:53 »

Gibbs has a hand injury but should be back for the 2nd Test. If their coach wants him - he said some pretty nasty stuff in the papers leading up to the Test.

The guy with the beard is Hashim Amla, the first South African of Indian origin to represent them. He's a devout Muslim and on his shirt the 'Castle Lager' logo is blanked out because of this.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 20:09:19 »

what a fuckin day today...

if we dont win this test there is something seriously wrong.

kallis and smith went for nothing yesterday but i think the performances with the bat today topped even that   Cheesy

officially blacker than the night.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 20:18:31 »

Just seen the scorecard...what a day. Cheesy  Strauss is only the second englishman to score centuries on both home and away debuts. Lets hope he can keep this form up for the ashes.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 20:45:36 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
Just seen the scorecard...what a day. Cheesy  Strauss is only the second englishman to score centuries on both home and away debuts. Lets hope he can keep this form up for the ashes.
I know you probably don't mean it, but this really pisses me off. It was the same as Linekar on the Sports Personality, people only seem to care about the Ashes and couldn't give a toss about the rest. Currently this tour is far more important, possibly the biggest tour for nigh on 20 years, so that we can say we are number 2 in the world. Then, only if we can do that, then we can move on to the Ashes.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 21:00:43 »

Sorry Oops . I agree that the current tour is all that matters at the moment, and the team are doing a brilliant job.

But with the ashes in the summer it is great to see Stauss, and a few others in the team, in this kind of form. Gives a great chance to beat the Aussies.
STFCDude

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 06:41:09 »

Quote from: "mrs_spacey"
We should petition dazza for a cricket section  Light Bulb

I think SA will win cos I've met the England team and to put it politely they are not exactly atheletes!

When I lived in SA for a number of years, I met the SA cricket team on a few occasions.  I even had the priviledge of playing againt Jacques Kallis and Paul Adams on a school tour of the Western Cape when I went to school out there.  I remember Adams getting tonked by one of our players (Bruce Philp, played SA Schoolboys) and I cant believe that a few months later Adams was in the Test side!  Kallis though, was sheer class back then, and he has become of the greatest all rounders in world cricket
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 09:09:43 »

I think we all know why Adams was picked - look at the colour of his skin.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 10:29:53 »

Freddie's in, wahey!
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 12:18:23 »

Butcher's out...booooo!

351-5 isnt bad at all though. I reckon we can still get a lead of at least 150.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 12:20:59 »

353-7, in trouble now cos we need a fair lead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: