Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Coventry City - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 33378 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 22:03:27 »

I'm glad it wasn't me going mad. I thought I noticed we changed our style a bit today and it seems Mowbray has agreed. Good to see Williams not afraid to match them up .
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 22:18:21 »

I couldn't give a monkeys what Coventry fans think. We're not a complete squad either.

They must be sick of losing to rubbish ol' Swindon Town.

They had the bonus of not being in Coventry for a day.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 23:19:47 »

David Attenborough, a careful observer and documenter of what's happening around him, but not really having much of an impact on his environment.

There is no doubt he's a lazy cunt with a real tendency to admire his work when it comes off.

A bit harsh?

I got a bit fucked off first half when he had a right go at brophy.

Sir David would have been quite right to mouth off at Brophy, first half....oh wait a minute
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 23:32:09 »

on a more serious note, I was impressed by how hard the players worked for one another for 95 minutes, pretty unselfishly, and how they persevered after a flaky start. 

Whether that will be enough as the opposition becomes more challenging than Coventry (the 6th August version) will depend on some further squad additions and how well LW melds the playing style(s). 

There's no doubt that slavish fannying around at the back could have seen us almost out of the game before it got started.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 07:39:15 »

Thought at times the pressing game worked really well for us every man running and putting their opposite number under real pressure forcing them into giving the ball away in dangerous areas, hope we persist with pressing it's a great tactic in lower levels as few players are good when they have sustained pressure on them for large periods.  Thought Connor Thomas played very well in an unfamiliar position, great to see a Yasir Kasim that's interested this season looked quality at times, really encouraged by Jordan Young he looks a great prospect and overall it was a good team performance overall after a nervous start.  With Jones and Norris available next game and a rumoured 2 additional players to arrive I feel reasonably upbeat that this season may be bit better than we all thought.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 08:49:33 »

I'm glad it wasn't me going mad. I thought I noticed we changed our style a bit today and it seems Mowbray has agreed. Good to see Williams not afraid to match them up .
Where did you read Mowbray's thoughts?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #171 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 09:17:31 »

Was on Adver site
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 10:51:55 »

Kenny Jackett was in the Arkells stand yesterday, not sure what he's up to these days but guessing he was scouting for someone.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 10:53:48 »

Maybe thinks the Cov job might be up for grabs soon
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 13:00:24 »

Better highlights available now.

Forgot about Doughty's "HIT IT WITH YOUR FUCKING RIGHT FOOT YOU CUNT" chance.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 13:07:42 »

Better highlights available now.

Forgot about Doughty's "HIT IT WITH YOUR FUCKING RIGHT FOOT YOU CUNT" chance.
When you look at those other than the obvious mistakes Coventry's only other chances came from Thomas getting sucked up field leaving space in behind as you would expect with a midfielder in defence. I think we will look more solid once it a proper central defender back there so I do think the defence will improve.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 13:13:58 »

When you look at those other than the obvious mistakes Coventry's only other chances came from Thomas getting sucked up field leaving space in behind as you would expect with a midfielder in defence. I think we will look more solid once it a proper central defender back there so I do think the defence will improve.
Indeed. The Liverpool lad instead of Thomas at the back with Thomas replacing Rogers in midfield and we have a very capable first 11.

Sent from my MotoG3
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 19:40:38 »

Brophy when he finally started taking people on was brilliant. First half he was dire, passing back at every opportunity - including nearly catastrophically for Sordell shot that hit post early on. Never looked or thought about getting it forward, just pass back towards own area without even vaguely looking up to see who was there. Then nowhere near their right wing back who was left in loads of space to force Vigs into very good save. Why did it take him nearly an hour to realise that with his pace he had beating of his man every time?
Presumably Doughty won't be able to play on Wednesday so Lloyd Jones will play centre back with Conor Thomas replacing him in midfield?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 19:50:50 »

Brophy when he finally started taking people on was brilliant. First half he was dire, passing back at every opportunity - including nearly catastrophically for Sordell shot that hit post early on. Never looked or thought about getting it forward, just pass back towards own area without even vaguely looking up to see who was there. Then nowhere near their right wing back who was left in loads of space to force Vigs into very good save.

I just don't think James fully gets the defensive side of LWB....it is a difficult position to play. He'd be much better off in a 4, where there is less defending to do.  Can he learn it?  Maybe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 21:11:04 »

Presumably Doughty won't be able to play on Wednesday so Lloyd Jones will play centre back with Conor Thomas replacing him in midfield?
I think you are right as Hodgetts said they were hopping to get him in the commentary box on Wednesday!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: