Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 23136 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:34:58 »

I strangely enjoyed that, the second half at least. The first half we looked laboured, lazy and basically unfit.
Fleetwood had so, so many chances to win the game, mainly because of our shitness, but their finishing was as bad as our defending.

The moment of the match, without a doubt, was what I can only describe as a "Fifa" moment where they hit the bar, hit the bar, hit the post and scuffed it wide in a moment of 6-yard box hilarity.

Oh and BOO being brought down was a clear penalty as far as i'm concerned.

Rodgers & Hylton anonymous and we were much better once Traore and Iandolo came on.

Belford, apart from a dodgy 5-10 mins at the start had a great game, making 3 fantastic saves, so that should do his confidence the world of good.

We were lucky not to lose that game but I think a point is a fair result on balance.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:35:36 »

BO,I don't think LT is 100% fit, some of his runs made him look a tired man, eg the chance at the end from a bit of an angle.  Hylton tried hard bit hasn't really got it, over-hit passes and the one when he was inside the box that went out for a throw in on the opposite side of the pitch really summed him up for me - assuming his job was as the second striker his positioning was poor - sitting too deep when we were attacking.  Whether it will come in time we will have to wait and see!
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:38:15 »

Well done Belford some good saves and kept us in it ...... but as previous posters said dreadful standard of football, lacking in passion and until traore came on our midfield was anonymous.

ewsham Robin
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:38:25 »

Sat next to Obika in barbers who said he would be back for Bradford game. Certainly miss his presence up front and that of Nathan T at the back. Hylton again worked hard but on 2 occasions he had opportunity to shoot he passed instead and after great bit of skill completely lacked composure to make most of space he had created for himself. Some great last gasp defending as well as massive slice of good luck meant we got a point today but why do our defenders constantly play themselves into trouble. Why pass back to the last man, who is then instantly put under pressure as Sendles White Barry and Boo all do rather than forward

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:39:11 »

I heard Williams call our defence mannekins as they stood still and watched us being carved open at times - what you gonna do about it Luke?
That's the 64,000 dollar question isn't it? It's easy to forget that just over a week ago we were able to boast a 7 match unbeaten run. We've now suffered our first dodgy run under Williams and today, hopefully, we've stopped the rot. We live in hope. Well I have to live in hope as I've already got my tickets for Bradford  Roll Eyes
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:43:40 »

Oh dear thats going to upset the Anti-Belford crew, 3 brilliant saves when they were through on our goal kept us in it!

Defensively we looked shaky again, goal from a corner early on, do we do any defensive work?

Midfield looked dis-jointed, Rodgers offered little, Louis wasnt up to his high standards and Doughty was hit and miss. Barry got a forward a few times but Ottewille disappointed again. Hylton offered little again and doesnt seem to be able to last mcuh more than 50 minutes and Ajose does what he does, scores but does nothing else (will take that though mind you, where would we be without him)

Not a great game but probably an important point after last weekend

Lovely sunny day at the County Ground, wasnt overly surprised about the attendance but they were never likely to bring many either though

We move on, lets hope we can get some points out of the next two tough games
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:50:54 »

Definite penalty but terrible first touch.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 17:58:34 »

That's the 64,000 dollar question isn't it? It's easy to forget that just over a week ago we were able to boast a 7 match unbeaten run. We've now suffered our first dodgy run under Williams and today, hopefully, we've stopped the rot. We live in hope. Well I have to live in hope as I've already got my tickets for Bradford  Roll Eyes
Totally agree, but that seven match unbeaten run was with a fairly good spine of the team - which has been ripped apart through injury and suspension . . . and the players coming in don't appear to be good enough or up for it which is a real disappointment.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:02:09 by ronnie21 » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:00:05 »

Oh dear thats going to upset the Anti-Belford crew, 3 brilliant saves when they were through on our goal kept us in it!
Oh do fuck off! If someone has a terrible game then they get criticised especially when it's an absolute shocker. You only seem to pop up on here when your precious Belford is discussed one way or another.
The defensive unit as a whole has been a shambles over the last 3 games and there seems to be be little or no communication or leadership back there. Other than Thompson (and Vigs if he signs) I'd hope none of our current defensive unit are starters next season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:01:02 »

Definite penalty but terrible first touch.
Yep, he had pushed the ball past the keeper - after a terrible first touch - but it would have gone out for a goal kick but to get booked for simulation was the easy way out - a penalty would have meant a sending-off and it would never have been a goal.  On the other hand, what was the ref doing when it appeared that Belford had brought down his man?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:01:55 »

I thought we were so bad it was funny. Reminded me of the start of the season when we looked like a bunch of players who'd never played football before, let alone together. Except it obviously bothered me a lot more then when we had something to play for. Today I just didn't give a shit.  

BOO should have stayed on his feet more.
Belford or Doughty for my MOM based on effort.
Other than that I don't see the point in analysing individual performances based on a game where basically everyone was shit. Just an obvious collective lethargy/anxiety.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:02:53 »

BO,I don't think LT is 100% fit, some of his runs made him look a tired man, eg the chance at the end from a bit of an angle.  Hylton tried hard bit hasn't really got it, over-hit passes and the one when he was inside the box that went out for a throw in on the opposite side of the pitch really summed him up for me - assuming his job was as the second striker his positioning was poor - sitting too deep when we were attacking.  Whether it will come in time we will have to wait and see!

He possibly isn't 100% fit but he didn't seem to show the usual drive and desire as usual.

Seems I'll be in the minority about BOO and the penalty, it's possible that he did get clipped for the penalty but for me seemed to make a meal of it after his bad touch. The replay should clear it up.

Also a lot of negativity about Hylton but he showed 3 exquisite pieces of skill today and I still think he could be a useful player at the club. Always works hard but things in general not coming off.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:08:02 »

Seems I'll be in the minority about BOO and the penalty, it's possible that he did get clipped for the penalty but for me seemed to make a meal of it after his bad touch.
Me too - looked like he'd overhit it, realised he was never going to get near it and went down as soon as he felt the touch.

First half terrible, second half entertaining in a "what the fuck is going to happen next" kind of way. Both sides poor, neither deserved to win
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:16:12 »

Another observation was that our fans appear to have already given up this season as well
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, April 2, 2016, 18:18:17 »

Another observation was that our fans appear to have already given up this season as well

Well yeah, because we're not going up or down.
No one has paid £25 to hear me say that though. It's common sense.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: