Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Video: Clarke v Di Canio Tunnel Scuffle  (Read 15939 times)
Gethimout

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:20:32 »

Have watched it a few times on tv and it just looks like fucking handbags, shit like that goes on all the time on the training ground.

But not normally shown on TV.

I think PdC was right in his reactions, Clarke was very unprofessional when told to get off the pitch, so PdC tried to make him go to the changing rooms to have it out in private and not in public.

That said.......Clarke was very out of order and should be fined hugely or shown the door, no excuses from him, PdC should just say a public apology for causing a smal amount of humiliation to the club, yes it is small, we are a small club now, the media were only there to see if PdC would do something like this, and he obliged, unwittingly, but he is always and has always been a bit of a loose cannon.

Both fucking apologise and get over it, and Clarke, if you cant get over it get the fuck out of our club.

I know virtually no one will agree with me but thats how I feel, petty handbags at 10 paces, thats all, but it should not have happened on the pitch, which was almost entirely Clarkes fault for not leaving the pitch when asked to by PdC.

Agree fully with this, Di Canio is inexperienced and will make mistakes as it's all apart of the learning curve. Clarke is in the wrong here in my opinion. All players must respect the management staff. It's basic rules. I've had it at all the clubs i've been at in the Hellenic league. You have your spats with the manager but it's forgotten about by the time you leave the changing room.

I know everybody reacts differently to these situations but Clarke needs to pick his dummy up.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:11:46 »

The more I see that clip the more I'm inclined to agree with Muffin Man - something of nothing. If the parties involved have got any sense they'll talk it through with Jeremy Wray today and then put it behind them.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:31:03 »

Well said Muffin Man - some people are just wanting an excuse to say "I told you so" re Di Canio.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Dazzza

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:45:51 »

Indeed fucking handbags and Clarke needs a dressing down for his attitude.

No player should be allowed to storm off like that but at the end of the day fuck all happened and I would imagine both Clarke and Di Canio are closer as a result.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:34:04 »

Having watched it on the BBC it shows a different angle and I think PDC was acting as peace maker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14731158.stm
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:36:01 »

That BBC clip seems to clear Di Canio of any wrongdoing... on the pitch at least, who knows whether he gave him a few left hooks down the tunnel!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bideford_Robin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:41:38 »

One of the front page rotating headlines on yahoo.co.uk with accompanying photo!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:49:23 »

From Gary Rose at the Adver:

Certainly seeming highly unlikely Clarke will play for Town again, hearing that he has been 'sacked',but don't think it is as simple as that
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:54:23 »

Having watched it on the BBC it shows a different angle and I think PDC was acting as peace maker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14731158.stm

Yeah seems that way, in the beginning anyway. Clarke raring up because he was told he had to do running training again the following day.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:56:13 »

From Gary Rose at the Adver:

Oh dear, this really is a mess.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:59:52 »

Having watched the Video again it does seem that Clarke is in the wrong and PDC has done his best to try and defuse the situation. Probably best that we bin the striker if he is going to cause unrest.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:07:33 »

Not sure how Donatelli has squirmed his way out of this mess, he started it all by crossing the pitch at the final whistle and confronting Clarke - he should have saved his bollocking until the dressing room, just as Clarke should have saved his reaction for the dressing room. And Clarke isn't the first player to complain about being 'knackered'... so some wider issues going on here that need addressing, regardless of whether or not you think Clarke was right or wrong.

To a man, they've all let themselves down - not for having a go at each other but for doing it pitchside - unforgivable and quite frankly, embarrassing.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:14:56 »

The whole things a mess to be honest and i fear how this will effect the club, the fans & the team going forward.  Surely this could open the door to more player revolt? Something doesn't seem right again this season 
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:19:05 »

it could, and should bring everyone together, create a siege mentality. I'm not sure if it will.

An undercurrent of bad vibes though so far this season, but that could just be because we're losing. Win a few games and problems take care of themselves.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:25:52 »

Nothing to add about the Clarke/di Canio situation, but neither the player or the manager should be bigger than the club so for that reason I wish they would stop playing that bloody Italian music at the start of a game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: