Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Video: Clarke v Di Canio Tunnel Scuffle  (Read 15918 times)
T.F.E

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:36:47 »

Video: http://yfrog.com/nq77vz

What is going on?! Di Canio has to go!
Bideford_Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 22:41:31 »

See matchday thread buddy. And have to disagree, Paolo must stay, at least a few more games are required before we can measure his managerial worth. I still believe!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:03:49 »

How about we obtain all the facts first?

Any point in keeping this thread open?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:08:50 »

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Somebody pat the CG DJ on the back for playing "nah nah nah nah nah nah nah I wanna start a fight", just after Karoooosh twatted somebody on the half time whistle.
Swindoner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:30:05 »

It looks like Di Canio threw a punch to me, Around 16-17 seconds in.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:32:42 by Swindoner » Logged
deltaincline

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:54:34 »

Clarke was a waste of space tonight. Lazy, lethargic and generally uninterested unless the ball was at his feet or put somewhere close. His effort in the first half was questionable and non-existant in the second.

On another day he may well have hit the net once, maybe twice. Shit luck, good goal keeping, whatever. He didn't net tonight.

He might not intend it, but his demeanour when things don't go his way makes him look like he thinks he's too good for us and that he's made a serious mistake by joining us. He seems isolated, not a genuine or willing part of the front line, let alone the team as a whole.

If I was the STFC fittness coach and he was moaning at me, I'd have had a pop at the lazy cunt during the walk off the pitch at the end as well.

A big chunk of humble pie will be on his breakfast menu tomorrow. If he wants to continue playing for Di Canio in SN1 he'll do well to drop the fucking attitude, shut the fuck up and start working his nuts off for the cause.

Interim Wray did a good job deflecting the flack in his radio interview. Unfortunately for him and the board, with PDC at the helm of the STFC managers office, the shit storm will always go national. I hope IW and the board are up to the challenge;-)

I feel sorry for Connell getting subbed in the first half. That said, he's done fuck all so far, so maybe Di Canio has seen enough of him not to give a fuck about upsetting him?

Thinking about it, maybe Di Canio is now flexing his muscles as a manager and is sending out a clear message to the squad that he will be ruthless with anyone who isn't up to scratch and that he isn't afraid to humiliate inferior/lazy players and his detractors?

It's easy to write PDC off as a nutjob etc because of his past form in the game, but if we had a run-of-the-mill manager and a similar situation had arisen, would we be writing him off or congatulating him for standing up to a lazy mother-fucker with the attitude of a work experience girl with PMT?

I agree with those who said that Southampton were different class tonight. Our shortcomings sometimes allowed them to take the piss, but they always had several more gears to shift up to and they made us look like an embarrassing pub side at times.

We aint that bad though. A sometimes dodgy work in progress we may be, but this is division 4 for fucks sake. When we get settled, we'll make steady progress.
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 01:28:31 »

unfortunatly i appears that way.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 05:48:52 »

Clarke was a waste of space tonight. Lazy, lethargic and generally uninterested unless the ball was at his feet or put somewhere close.

He's been like that his whole career though.

fuck knows why we signed him, another panic buy shit striker who cant score...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 06:39:11 »

IF that was true, and its far from certain from the video, then where would that leave us and PDC?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 06:44:38 »

IF that was true, and its far from certain from the video, then where would that leave us and PDC?
Up shit creek without a paddle.

If anyone can conclude anything from the latter half of that video, they've got x-ray vision.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 06:52:36 »

You can't really see a thing once the steward gets in the way. Without knowing who was saying what at first either, who knows who's in the wrong? If this sort of thing really does happen day in day out on the training ground, it's just a shame and horribly unprofessional from all concerned that it happened in front of the cameras.

Sky are loving it. Their interview before kick off with Jeremy Wray before kick off was full of questions trying to get him to express dissatisfaction with Di Canio's start - looking for a golden quote. Well, they got their story in the end.

All in all, it makes a mockery of Di Canio's policy of building team unity and having everyone pull in the same direction. I feel as sick of this as in March to be honest.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 06:57:37 by The Moonraker » Logged
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 06:57:15 »

Up shit creek without a Paolo.

If anyone can conclude anything from the latter half of that video, they've got x-ray vision.

I've corrected this for you.  Cheesy
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:04:13 »

All in all, it makes a mockery of Di Canio's policy of building team unity and having everyone pull in the same direction. I feel as sick of this as in March to be honest.

Not at all.  This re-inforces his opinion and the fact that he wont tolerate crap from his players (and a lazy one in Clarke)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:04:43 »

I've corrected this for you.  Cheesy

No, that was just plain stupid.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:08:53 »

No, that was just plain stupid.

Why? If my boss punched me he's be out for gross misconduct.

edit: Not saying a punch was thrown by the way..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: