Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers prematch and matchday  (Read 18370 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 21:52:31 »

Our first win against tranmere in 6 games.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 21:57:26 »

I take it Tranmere have now taken over from Bradford as the worst team we've played. It honestly baffles me that we can't possibly make anyone look poor. Fuck sake they smashed Stockport 4-0 a week ago It's League 2,anyone can beat anyone. And I don't love Clem either.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 21:58:51 »

I take it Tranmere have now taken over from Bradford as the worst team we've played. It honestly baffles me that we can't possibly make anyone look poor. Fuck sake they smashed Stockport 4-0 a week ago It's League 2,anyone can beat anyone. And I don't love Clem either.

People seem to be very binary about this.

It can both be possible that Tranmere are a less good side than the average side we've faced recently, and that Swindon played better than we have recently.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:03:05 »

3-1, move along, nothing to see here.  Tranmere very much remind me of Rochdale from a year or two back,  worry for them.  You can only beat what is put in front of you, and we usually don't, so positives.  Still has the appearance of a poor team though.
"Nothing to see" apart from an entertaining victory with good performances and quality goals I suppose. But you are entitled to look at it that way I guess. Fair enough. Only a fool would say it's a turning point or anything but get some enjoyment while you can I say

adje

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:06:29 »

People seem to be very binary about this.

It can both be possible that Tranmere are a less good side than the average side we've faced recently, and that Swindon played better than we have recently.
Yeah I get that but constantly it's pointed out that whenever we win,it's because the other side are poor. When sometimes it just may be that we made them look poor. That's the point I'm trying to make
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:08:35 by adje » Logged

adje

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:09:32 »

It would be funny if Pike gets booked for Tranmere and refuses to give the ref his name.
That made me laugh

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:12:34 »

Didn't really enjoy the first half. We scored two good goals.

Did enjoy the second half though.

Tranmere are a bit one dimensional. Hoof it forward or hoof out to their left wing.

Nice to win
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:18:36 »

Enjoyed that overall, thought we played pretty well for the most part. Still some clear gaps in the side but we have options up front for sure.

Harrogate are in shit form, only 8 points off the play offs..... Yay
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:31:23 »

If Leeds have enough quality in their U23s that McGurk is surplus to requirements then we could a lot worse than looking in that direction again…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:33:36 »

He tries a lot of things tactically. A decent amount of them seem to come off, all things considered, though certainly not all of them. He certainly couldn't be accused of having only one way of playing football come hell or high water like Flynn did.
Agreed
The improvement in both performance and attitude is marked in my opinion

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:43:03 »

I still don't see the intended pattern myself, but if results come then all is good.

it's all pretty irrelevant anyway given the number is OOC players we have.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 22:44:24 »

Fun game, Tranmere were dogshit, none of it matters. Fin

Things get better but they never get good
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 23:49:30 »

This is a bottom half, L2 match day thread. 

I for one was impressed by the skill and commitment on display by STFC and enjoyed the match.

Well done to all involved.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 23:54:37 »

I think Gunning got it right tonight and deserves credit for that for all the reasons Nemo stated.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 01:43:29 »

Enjoyed that watching on iFollow. RHM started slowly but then looked electric. Great goal for McGurk. Hopefully McGurk can be signed up long term. We could have easily scored a lot more tonight. Devoy tackling Austin, 2 further chances for RHM and one for Kokolo spring to mind but I am sure there were more. I feel Gunning will probably get the job rightly or wrongly. In any case we are more entertaining and successful than the latter stages of the Flynn era.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: