Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fill the County Ground  (Read 7662 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 11:32:29 »

I couldn't afford to pay a lump sum. Paying by installments and my credit rating is fucked beyond belief.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 11:41:39 »

i bet bart can't wait for 2012.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 00:09:43 »

Yeah, but you have to appreciate that £199 is stll a lot of money for some people to find in one hit. Perhaps they haven't got any credit and are just about making ends meet.

Sure, it's under £9 for the TE over the season, but that assumes that you can afford to pay up front. I think those that can't will still come on a pay as you go basis and perhaps pick and choose their games.

I agree, £199 is still a lot of money for some to fork out in one go, but it's not as if we don't know season tickets will be on sale before the next season starts! Putting a few quid a week aside during the year to go towards the next season's season ticket is surely a better idea than waiting for the prices/offers to be announced and then having to deal with it.

However, if people can't afford it, then absolutely fair enough - there are more important things to spend hard-earned cash on.

£9 a game is a top offer. Hats off to STFC for making the effort. To me, they have tried to combat the 'pick and choose' approach to supporting the club. The price difference between the broken-down season ticket price and the pay on the day price clearly demonstrates just how good an offer has been put to the fans. My only criticism would be that the length of time that the £199 offer was available could have been increased to cover one or two more end of month pay days.

On a completely different tangent, while writing this, I've just heard Lord Sitar's version of The Who's 'I Can See For Miles' - worth checking out.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: