Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Accrington Official Matchday thread.  (Read 23905 times)
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:51:33 »

Good routine win - 3 points in the bag. Di Canio needs to calm down a bit but that`s not easy being an Italian. No reason to think this run won`t go on and on. Was it only a year ago when I was asking myself what the hell I was thinking of turning up every week in the vain hope of seeing us score a goal let alone win. Lets enjoy every precious minute I say... Wink

Bathtime
Dozno9

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:56:40 »

Great first half and we had ample opportunity second half to open it out. Ok the second half wasn't great but after recent games you can understand them backing off. PDC sets the bar so high but I hope it's not at the expense of the players being pissed off.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 19:22:00 »

Hopefully the players have worked with di Canio long enough now to know what he is like and what he demands.
I expect that he'll make absolutely clear to the "offenders" why he's pissed off and then focus on helping them to improve.
From his comments on Ferry after the Shrews game, it's clear he values him but he will be pushing for constant improvement from all players.  Ferry should know that and take the criticism and show in training that he's up for it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferry start again on Tuesday.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 19:41:19 »

Another own goal from Duberry. Cheesy

And quite a header it was too. Noticed that they attendance was only just over 6k a week before their cup final next week.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Dozno9

« Reply #169 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 19:47:52 »

Ferry was the only player not embraced when he made a sub though, considering his contribution on Tuesday I thought that was a bit off.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 19:49:04 »

Sat in the Arkell's today, very exciting, lots of polite applause but a comp is not to be sniffed at I guess. The redeeming factor is it's a much better view than the TE. Missed Leefer and Boo's take on things tho

Pretty easy victory today, took our foot off the gas in the second which was a half to forget really. Would have left Connell on as he definitely offers more than Murray with his hold up play. Benson did well with his goals, Rooney had a good game, thought Ferry was ok as well, my MOM was McCormack again, does everything very calmly. At this stage of the season three points is the most important thing

Was quite impressed with their no 17 who ever he might be, he played well second half

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 19:52:28 »

Their right back had a good game

Things get better but they never get good
Dozno9

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 19:56:25 »

Someone told me had a good part on the Football League Show tonight, PDC and Wray on.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 20:11:45 »

Someone told me had a good part on the Football League Show tonight, PDC and Wray on.

Yeah I heard Clem was there.
Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 20:21:19 »

After listening to the post match interview, PDC is just pissed off at the complacency.

blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 20:24:54 »

Ferry was the only player not embraced when he made a sub though, considering his contribution on Tuesday I thought that was a bit off.
Ferry asked to be subbed, don't think he's too well.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 20:27:11 »

I think the club should have someone video Di Canio and his reactions every match, and put it on the OS. It would be hilarious. His reaction to Connells effort in the first half, was one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a Swindon game.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 20:33:52 »

After listening to the post match interview, PDC is just pissed off at the complacency.

Which is no bad thing. Many, many times in the past I've found myself really pissed off at a particularly lethargic performance (I'm not commenting on today's performance as I didn't even hear the commentary) Then I've found myself even more pissed off at the manger's reaction (whoever it may have been at the time) who just brushes it under the carpet.

So as long as he doesn't go too over to the top (which, judging by his comments, I don't think he will) I think it is this attitude which will get us over the line.

He gave them a bit of a caning after the Rovers game and it didn't do them any harm then.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 20:34:25 »

Yeah I heard Clem was there.
There's a picture of him on the OS, so yes he was.
Dozno9

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 20:34:31 »

Ferry asked to be subbed, don't think he's too well.

Oh, perhaps PDC thought he would catch something.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: