Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Accrington Official Matchday thread.  (Read 23906 times)
nochee

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:10:17 »

It's 2-0 risk-free football. Not all the exciting to watch. We are still doing the odd bit of attacking but it's all a bit quiet.

It's exactly how great teams win trophies. Do the job, seal the deal and take the points. Top of the league
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:12:50 »

I think against some opposition you can take your foot off the gas. It can be a dangerous game but I don't think it's as risky when you're enjoying this form.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:14:02 »

I think against some opposition you can take your foot off the gas. It can be a dangerous game but I don't think it's as risky when you're enjoying this form.

We've been kicked in the balls so so so so so so so so so many times in the past taking our foot off the gas and sitting back.

Not this team though but we are creatures of habit!
nochee

« Reply #153 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:16:18 »

We've been kicked in the balls so so so so so so so so so many times in the past taking our foot off the gas and sitting back.

Not this team though but we are creatures of habit!
We hardly sat back today. All the football was aimed towards their goal, it was all us.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:19:32 »

PDC aint happy
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:20:03 »

Paolo's not happy at all with the 2nd half!!!

Sounds proper pissed.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:30:32 »

Paolo...

- Very angry. Second half was rubbish. Attitude was wrong. Don't know why it happened.
- Some people lose their humility and desire when they get to the top (think he's referring to Ferry)
- The 2nd half was the opposite of my desire for the way we play. This is not the way to play
- I know more than others what can happen if you lose your humility
- I hope they can understand today's attitude was wrong, and prepare for Tuesday in the best way
- Benson has done well, he's a fantastic professional, he works hard, he's a perfect example for his team mates
- For the first time, I'm too angry to make decisions. I want to go away and think about things, do my homework, make sure I don't make mistakes in judgement
- I'd rather go up than break records, but I'm very happy with the points
- I'm focusing on the attitude because I know my players and we saw what happened at Torquay
- I want to stay here for many years to come. We will talk about my contract, and I will give my blood for Swindon because the feeling atht I have with the fans, board, staff, players is fantastic
- I don't want people to speculate. Go and buy STs because the board have good plans. I can't promise to be here for the next few years and to take us to the Championship, I can just keep doing my job
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:32:16 »

Pretty easy win, nice to see Accrington try and play some football rather than rough us up and play it long.

Some negatives: Di Canio seemed to get annoyed with Connell and Ferry (for trying stuff, and quite unfairly in my eyes) and as such was always going to sub them - i don't think those changes helped us at all.

Risser plays when the opposition are physical hoof-merchants. Today, they weren't, and as such they passed the bal around him and he was fucking dire again. He needed to go off instead of Ferry.

The two blokes sat behind me were the biggest annoyance however. It was like listening to a pair of lobotomy patients loudly discussing anything but the game. Thanks to them, i knew all the Premiership scores and scorers, and that the Queens fucking Tap now has a dodgy Greek decoder showing all the premier league games. And when it came to the Town, they talked complete shit. Loudly. In my ear. For the whole cunting game. If they turn up on Tuesday and do the same, i'll flip a coin to decide whether to commit a double murder, or to throw steaming hit Bovril in my own face to distract me from their utter bollocks.

Anywho, a nice comfortable win, which probably didn't take too much out of us physically. The run continues.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 17:35:01 »

Shouldve nutted them alex
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:06:18 »

- Some people lose their humility and desire when they get to the top (think he's referring to Ferry)

This worries me. It looked like he had a bit of a go for Ferry having the nerve to try and pass the ball to our striker when there was an easier ball on. Ferry's pass completion is top notch.

They'd better kiss and make up and not freeze Ferry out. Our midfield is twice as good with him than without, and I want to win the JPT.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:07:18 »

All rather comfortable today, bar a horror few minutes in the first half when Accy had 3 chances in a row.

Accy were a bit toothless but tried to play some football which was good to see.

3 somewhat dodgy performances in a row and 9 points!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:08:10 »

The two blokes sat behind me were the biggest annoyance however. It was like listening to a pair of lobotomy patients loudly discussing anything but the game. Thanks to them, i knew all the Premiership scores and scorers, and that the Queens fucking Tap now has a dodgy Greek decoder showing all the premier league games. And when it came to the Town, they talked complete shit. Loudly. In my ear. For the whole cunting game. If they turn up on Tuesday and do the same, i'll flip a coin to decide whether to commit a double murder, or to throw steaming hit Bovril in my own face to distract me from their utter bollocks.

hahahahaha

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:24:26 »

9 wins from 9, great time to be a Swindon fan...again did the job that was needed to get the 3 points. Scoring early was key and Paul Benson, what a signing!

Big week ahead, let enjoy it and hopefully this time next week we'll be saying the same things  Cheesy C.O.Y.R

#VivaKenBarlow!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:26:07 »

All a bit of a non-event really - especially the second half.  Sounds like PDC is not happy and they are in tomorrow!!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 18:36:26 »

Some negatives: Di Canio seemed to get annoyed with Connell and Ferry (for trying stuff, and quite unfairly in my eyes) and as such was always going to sub them - i don't think those changes helped us at all.

Risser plays when the opposition are physical hoof-merchants. Today, they weren't, and as such they passed the bal around him and he was fucking dire again. He needed to go off instead of Ferry.

Di Canio was shouting and gesturing angrily to Connell from quite early in the first half.  We thought he might change him at half time.  He didn't seem to start on Ferry until a bit later on, but seemed to be in quite a bad mood from the outset. I didn't hear his interview, but by all accounts he wasn't happy.  I wonder if the FL Show interviewed him?

The shape was definitely lost after he made the substitutions and I thought we looked far worse.  What's the betting neither start on Tuesday.

We could have been 3 up quite early on, but had Foderingham to thank for it not being 1-1 after he made two good saves.  We wasted a lot of chances and all credit to Accrington who kept going and didn't just play long ball either.

Anyway, 9 points out of 9 with below par performances is all that matters.  It really is in our hands now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: