Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power, budgets and finances  (Read 52158 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 07:53:58 »

He (Power) sounded more than a tad frustrated tonight.
I honestly think he will have to cash in on one maybe two players come January , so frustrating as always we find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot when things are going well. He can do no more really I think it is a myth that reducing the ticket price by £5 will see an increase .
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 08:05:09 »

I think it would definitely see an increase....how much of an increase though is open for debate.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 08:23:28 »

If we do have to sell then you've got to say that Lee Power has signposted it well in advance. I feel sorry for the guy. He's delivered everything he said he would but is paying for Jed, Diamandis, Donegan etc. I wouldn't be surprosed to see him go and recreate his vision somewhere else unelss crowds increase dramatically. Maybe if we can do the Slave Traders then people might come back. I do get the impression thuogh that those we've lost ain't coming back, certainly the ones I know. 
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 08:33:03 »

I have a feeling that an upswing may be around the corner.  These things tend to build over time; they don't happen overnight.  A sustained spell of relative success and off-field stability, and things will turn - I'm sure of it.  For a start, I would expect to see a lot of 6 & 8 game packages being bought as Christmas presents.

Would also be interesting to know how much of the recent downturn in crowds is Swindon-specific, and how much is due to a national effect.  I get the impression that there are a lot of clubs out there suffering poor attendances as folk continue to feel the pinch financially.
DMR

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 08:33:48 »

Then the focus should be on attracting people who are new to the sport to replace those leaving at the other end. I'm one of the "lost" and can't really envisage ever going more than a couple of times a season now. Those who have got fed up with it are less likely to have their passion rekindled than drawing somebody new in, who might fall in love with it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:02:03 »

There are so many people around this area of all ages that support prem teams, back in 1970's Calne it was all Liverpool or Man Utd (and nothing has really changed). When I look back a lot of that 'support' was to do with bragging rights "my team is better than yours " etc. Never saw too many Chelsea or Arsenal shirts back then but you do now, why is that?   

How many of you were introduced to stfc from parents taking you to a match as a child?  Not me, I  first went at the suggestion of friends (one was a pox fan), I was 19.
DMR is right, new support needs to be found. How are the dongs doing it (considering they have been around only since 2004)?
kerry red

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:05:48 »

Are the missing 1000 or so ST holders from last season who didn't renew cos of the Jed effect?

If so, I struggle to understand why they, who are obviously 'entrenched' fans, are now not even bothering to be matchday walk-ups.

Surely you can't lose all interest that quickly - especially considering how well we are playing.

kerry red

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:08:57 »

There are so many people around this area of all ages that support prem teams, back in 1970's Calne it was all Liverpool or Man Utd (and nothing has really changed). When I look back a lot of that 'support' was to do with bragging rights "my team is better than yours " etc. Never saw too many Chelsea or Arsenal shirts back then but you do now, why is that?   

How many of you were introduced to stfc from parents taking you to a match as a child?  Not me, I  first went at the suggestion of friends (one was a pox fan), I was 19.
DMR is right, new support needs to be found. How are the dongs doing it (considering they have been around only since 2004)?

They haven't really been pissed off yet. No rip off chairmen/boards and everything for them is still pure.

Stick a Jed-alike  in there for a season and see what happens
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:24:33 »

I have supported this club since Brunel was laying his railway out to Minety!!  But i lost all interest in it during the Diamandis era and stopped going, determined not to give the fat greek a penny of my money.  It was a chance business meeting with Bushey (I used to do some work for his father) and he actually bought me a ticket, picked me up from home, took me to the Merlin and returned me home after the game.  I gradually got interested again and have had a season ticket for several seasons now, in fact my son, his girlfriend and a grandson all sit together with ST's now and I once again, cannot envisage the day when I will not be supporting my club - mind you that lying twat McCrory came close to making me change my mind!!!
lambourn red

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:26:51 »

Kid a quid for Under 16's is one way of doing it we had an extra 1000 on the gate against Colchester, a father who does not go regularly is more likely to take his kid. £12 for a child is way too much and that will stifle our support long term as less and less kids will attend. Orient, Yeovil and Franchise all had much lower kids tickets in recent matches I have attended with my boys. I am a season ticket holder with an 11 and 14 year old boys they like to come now and again but I am not prepared to pay £12 each for them, for me this is where Power needs to address the issue by making U16 tickets a fiver or less and get the next generation at the CG.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:32:24 »

Kid a quid for Under 16's is one way of doing it we had an extra 1000 on the gate against Colchester, a father who does not go regularly is more likely to take his kid. £12 for a child is way too much and that will stifle our support long term as less and less kids will attend. Orient, Yeovil and Franchise all had much lower kids tickets in recent matches I have attended with my boys. I am a season ticket holder with an 11 and 14 year old boys they like to come now and again but I am not prepared to pay £12 each for them, for me this is where Power needs to address the issue by making U16 tickets a fiver or less and get the next generation at the CG.

Best suggestion so far.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kerry red

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:35:45 »

This season depends on Power's belief in the team.

If he genuinely believes we will be promoted this attendance blip will be forgotten. Crowds will pick up if we sustain our league position and if we do get to the Championsip I would imagine crowds would be around the 12000 mark
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:37:35 »

I have supported this club since Brunel was laying his railway out to Minety!!  But i lost all interest in it during the Diamandis era and stopped going, determined not to give the fat greek a penny of my money.  It was a chance business meeting with Bushey (I used to do some work for his father) and he actually bought me a ticket, picked me up from home, took me to the Merlin and returned me home after the game.  I gradually got interested again and have had a season ticket for several seasons now, in fact my son, his girlfriend and a grandson all sit together with ST's now and I once again, cannot envisage the day when I will not be supporting my club - mind you that lying twat McCrory came close to making me change my mind!!!
And it was Bushey who introduced me to the TEF!!!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:42:53 »

I agree.
My dad first took me to watch Swindon back in 1997, then following season they had 'kid for a quid' each game and we went about 15 times during the season. Then it was sporadic (maybe 5 games a season) until 2002/03 season when I started going on my own and bought a season ticket, which I had up until the 2009 when I left the UK.

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:44:32 »

I must avoid looking at otib 

Our crowds are down on what we are used to,  but in this division I would assume we are in the top half?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: