Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Franchise on TV.  (Read 66991 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:22:44 »

That is all true Duke and when you consider that, as you rightly say, the population of Swindon is nowhere near as big as it at first seems when you take away the 'outsiders', the support is actually not that bad.

But you are quite right, the Club need to engage with the next generation as they are doing. That way, for the sons and daughters of those 'outsiders' the Club will become their Club.

I still feel the club could do more to attract kids. Not necessarily in swindon, but outside swindon in rural schools. For example, schools in Oxfordshire which have a swindon postcode ie. Shrivenham. I see a lot of Oxford and even arsenal posters offering after school clubs and soccer days.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:32:15 »

I still feel the club could do more to attract kids. Not necessarily in swindon, but outside swindon in rural schools. For example, schools in Oxfordshire which have a swindon postcode ie. Shrivenham. I see a lot of Oxford and even arsenal posters offering after school clubs and soccer days.

Not sure Oxford's free ticket offer to all council employees is proving a huge success. They extended the 4 free tickets promotion to a school in Marlborough yesterday (with a deadline to reply by today…). Tanks on our lawn.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
clubstealingcunt

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:37:34 »

Swindon will never attract huge support. Not much in it as far as support base is concerned
with Milton Keynes at the moment. Once Milton Keynes progress to the championship though
(as they surely will) there will be no stopping them. In just twelve years since the relocation
to the Hockey stadium to the excellent home in Denbigh the progress has been rapid. An excellent
academy, a fine array of managers including Dimatteo, Ince, Robinson. Some very decent crowds indeed
with several 20,000 plus including over 27,000 v United last August. Milton Keynes are also starting to earn
respect for among other things their stylish football, plaudits for the facilities emphasised by the fact it's the
most visited ground in League 1 by away fans (boycotts) ? Milton Keynes would be an excellent addition to the
Championship. Hoping for a decent game tomorrow between two good sides and may the best team win !

Combe Down

« Reply #228 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:41:31 »

Hello. Returning to this forum after an absence of five years or so. We need a decent song for Mass, so how about, to the tune of 'Remember You're A Womble' to rub the MK Donkey's noses in it?

Sung alternately by the TE and DR:

Massimo Luongo...
Massimo Luongo...

The end bit needs some rehersal...

Massi, Massi, Massi, Massi, Massi-mo Lu-on-guo.

Unashamed bump for this song. Start practising in the shower
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:44:05 »

Swindon will never attract huge support. Not much in it as far as support base is concerned
with Milton Keynes at the moment. Once Milton Keynes progress to the championship though
(as they surely will) there will be no stopping them. In just twelve years since the relocation
to the Hockey stadium to the excellent home in Denbigh the progress has been rapid. An excellent
academy, a fine array of managers including Dimatteo, Ince, Robinson. Some very decent crowds indeed
with several 20,000 plus including over 27,000 v United last August. Milton Keynes are also starting to earn
respect for among other things their stylish football, plaudits for the facilities emphasised by the fact it's the
most visited ground in League 1 by away fans (boycotts) ? Milton Keynes would be an excellent addition to the
Championship. Hoping for a decent game tomorrow between two good sides and may the best team win !

^^ none of which will alter the fact, that Franchise shouldn't exist, based on any British sense of fair play, so will always be a stain on the game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 11:02:02 »

blah blah blah

Feel free for you and your like minded syphilitic cow cunt fans to kindly fuck off of this forum. You will always be regarded as an abomination whose opinions on football mean absolutely fuck all.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 11:20:59 »

^^ none of which will alter the fact, that Franchise shouldn't exist, based on any British sense of fair play, so will always be a stain on the game.

Absolutely spot on Reg. And Batch.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 12:44:55 »

Agree with you here.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 12:47:51 »

As one of the original members of this forum it was set up to get away from inane shite spouted by idiots. We wanted a forum where we could yes talk bollocks but at a certain level, we encouraged supporters from other teams, we even had a resident oxford fan. Why you have not been banned I don't know. You and your club are not welcome here by the vast majority. Thinking of your creation makes me cry inside for the football I once loved. Just fuck off
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 12:50:57 »

A new stadium and a new ground for those who have never visited before......that's it after that.
No history, identity or any significance from other Supporters.
That sums it up. You have no local derby, simply you are a shallow, hollow club that all other supporters dislike.
But don't get excited about the "no one likes us we don't care" even that is wasted on you.
Must be great having the stigma that you don't exist labelled at you.
This shit will stick forever.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 13:04:21 »

Agree with you here.
Don't just put it on here, e-mail the trust.

Edit: Or maybe you have?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 3, 2015, 13:06:13 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #236 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 13:09:39 »

Fuck you.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #237 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 13:40:42 »

I would have thought that Franchise have the biggest identity of any league team. The fact that loathesome pieces of shit decide to attach themselves to it fills most normal people with disgust. Its a pity this vile creature "allwhitenow" and other consumers of Franchise try to justify their support instead of ignoring it and letting it rot.
I don't actually think its worth engaging in conversation with these creatures. Its like trying to tell a paedophile that shagging a 7 year old is wrong - they just don't get it so why the fuck bother. They exist on the fringes.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 14:06:28 »

The love in between an 82er and the Franchise Customers on their forum is genuinely nausiating.

I'd rather any club, and I include Heaton United in this, got success than them. But it seems one of their lot is still so incensed by what happened last November (bet he was one of the police callers) that he's willing to break bread with the devil, and wish them luck against 'Swindle'.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 14:14:58 »

MK will always be minnows. The fact a lot of their crowds can consist of as many away fans as home customers tells you all you need to know. If they got to Wembley they'd take less than 20k
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: