Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official matchday thread Swindon Town v Stockport County  (Read 31550 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:33:24 »

I dont think Morrison took a single throw in actually.

Ritchie to me, looked rusty and a yard off the pace. Always wanted more time on the ball than he had. Ran into players alot and passing was sloppy at best. In his defence the last time he played (for Notts County) was 28th of December.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:34:55 »

Cheers Dave.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:39:50 »

I thought we deserved to win, but 4-1 was very flattering.

Things get better but they never get good
kaufman

« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:40:13 »

I miss being 11 and Alan Mcloughlin being my hero, great to hear him talking about old times tonight.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:40:35 »

In the 1st half we never got out of 1st gear. Our passing was brilliant but it was like a training exercise where we kept the ball and Stockport looked absolute dogshit. In the 1st 20 of the 2nd it was roles reveresed where Stockport  played really well and we were shit. The last 25 however was all us again. Great finish by Paynter for no 4. MOM for me was JPM. Morrison looked out of sorts in the 2nd half and his heading ability thruoghout the game was Kanyukaish. Saying that he did one absolute quality slide tackle in the 1st half. He just needs a few matches and no we didn't use his long throw. Ritchie looked a little boy lost but agasin he needs games. We lost a lot when Douglas went to right back.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:40:58 »

Did that chap who ran on the pitch get away in the end?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:41:51 »

Good first 20 mins, then patchy thereafter, until last 10. But hell's teeth, we still won 4-1! Nice to see Ferry get one, shame Pericard didn't (mainly cos my mate did the fatal "I'll bare my arse in ...." on Saturday)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:42:05 »

@gk_nash Matt Rickie had a very average game. Needs some game time to get into it as he had a couple of neat touches so shows promise. We missed Ward's work rate.
--------
The first half was so easy tonight it was like a training game where Stockport couldn't get the ball and when they did we took it back again at will. But it was so easy,and with an early goal, we lacked the urgency. The second goal was a bit lucky in that Sheehan's shot from an impossibly tight angle was spilled by the keeper at the feet of Paynter. Then on a rare attack a silly foul on the edge of the area lead to Stockports goal direct from the free kick.

Half time needs a mention as somebody from the Town end skipped over the barriers to get a ball they were playing with and got bundled by about 6 stewards. Did he get away?

Second half Stockport gave it a go. We weren't helped by the loss of Ward and Amankwha (tight hamstring) with Douglas slotting is as make shift right back. We were under pressure and I started to worry a bit, not least when Lucas picked up a messed up clearance at it was adjudged to be a backpass by  the Collina wannabe referee.

But we weathered the storm, Easton started to get a grip in the middle and we scored the killer goal when JPM looked to cross, went outside his man in the area and floated a cross onto Ferry's head. Paynter then got in on the act again with a slightly deflected shot  from the edge of the area.

So in conclusion the first half was so comfortable, the second half initially less so. But we scored 4 and deserved the win.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:45:14 »

Job well done, but the scoreline flattered us a little.

Half time was entertaining.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:46:41 »

good result but the female lino should have stayed in the kitchen
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:47:09 »

I hope the lad did get away. The stewards were like the keystone cops and should actually have thierm oney withheld under the Trade Descriptions Act. God knows how they'll cope with Rovers.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:48:27 »

They were a bit heavy handed, seemed unnecessary from my viewpoint, not like the game was in progress.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:49:57 »

In the 1st half we never got out of 1st gear. Our passing was brilliant but it was like a training exercise where we kept the ball and Stockport looked absolute dogshit. In the 1st 20 of the 2nd it was roles reveresed where Stockport  played really well and we were shit. The last 25 however was all us again. Great finish by Paynter for no 4. MOM for me was JPM. Morrison looked out of sorts in the 2nd half and his heading ability thruoghout the game was Kanyukaish. Saying that he did one absolute quality slide tackle in the 1st half. He just needs a few matches and no we didn't use his long throw. Ritchie looked a little boy lost but agasin he needs games. We lost a lot when Douglas went to right back.

This is spot on. I wasn't sure at all about Morrison getting MOM. In the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, it seems like their black guy up front had sussed him and and he was getting past him too eaily.
I actually thought Austin had a brilliant game tonight, didn't put a foot wrong, and again won pretty much every header.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:51:49 »

Just back...really enjoyed that tonight,Morrison superb first half but JPM was my man of match closely followed by Sheehan....fair play to Stockport for giving it a go..its starting to look really good,the whole team are looking supremely confident
Ref BATCH..he got back in..he went on the pitch to get the ball but the fans dragged him back in.
TownLoyal

« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 22:53:09 »

great result! And great half time.. Glad to let you know that i did get away, the stewards were pulling me one way, a load of lads from t.e pulling the other.. Best part was the steward slipping on his arse!  and as someone said, if they cant handle an 18 year old lad, rovers could be a problem!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: