Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII *HUGE SPOILERS ALERT*  (Read 6969 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 12:40:44 »

Well, I bloody knew Solo would end in this one. Knew it. Felt it was a bit underwhelming and that Chewie's lack of reaction wasn't really enough. Also - no funeral scene..

In any case  I think it was bloody brilliant. A real return to the proper Star Ward look and feel. My only complaint is they mirrored eps IV and VI a bit too closely in plot. I can see why Disney/JJ played safe, but now its time to go a different route.

I liked Kylo Ren/Ben being a bit shit at trying to be Vader.
I liked Rey's character too, even if she did seem a bit at one with the force too quickly.
I liked the nostalgia mixing with the new.

Got to take the kids for a second watch Smiley Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 12:55:49 »

Well, I bloody knew Solo would end in this one. Knew it. Felt it was a bit underwhelming and that Chewie's lack of reaction wasn't really enough.

The fact that he blasted everyone in sight and blew the place to pieces with explosives wasn't enough? Han was bound to get it as soon as he walked out onto the bridge. All the best Star Wars deaths end in falling.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 13:08:25 »

Saw it coming but it didn't make it any less emotional.

The thing that wound me up about it was that there was no fall-out from it. Leia walks straight past Chewie to hug Rey (a girl she's known for a matter of days) instead, which makes no sense to me.

Leia has known Chewie since ANH and have gone through a lot since then. I feel that Rey had no place in the grieving scene between Leia or any of the other Legacy heroes.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 13:12:02 »

I thought this thread was for movie linked automotive accessories.

You've totally fucked my day up by telling me Indiana Jones dies, thanks a lot.

It's All Good..............
DRS

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 13:12:48 »

The thing that wound me up about it was that there was no fall-out from it. Leia walks straight past Chewie to hug Rey (a girl she's known for a matter of days) instead, which makes no sense to me.

Leia has known Chewie since ANH and have gone through a lot since then. I feel that Rey had no place in the grieving scene between Leia or any of the other Legacy heroes.
Sorry to add another spoiler. It's not real
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 13:48:41 »

My only gripe is that the whole Death Star thing has been done twice before. There are obviously loads of other things mirrored but it does work.

I was initially annoyed that Kylo Ren took off the mask and then proceeded to be really shit, as the first half of the film he was a genuine badass. However, on reflection it's obvious he was just imitating Vader and once the mask came off so did his strength and confidence.

Also with Rey, I suppose they didn't really have time in the film for her to slowly develop her use of the force. It kept the film entertaining and we already know what the force is and how certain people are able to harness it so no point in going over the old ground.

It's been set up nicely for the subsequent films.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 13:51:31 »

Unless she's related which I think they gave very strong hints at.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 14:29:12 »

Her being Luke's daughter seems a bit too obvious. But she must come from Jedi blood, because of her Force abilities.

From what I've read, one of the voices in the flashback (when she touches Luke's/Vader's lightsaber) was Ewan McGregor/Obi Wan.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 16:14:52 »

That bloke that plays the bloke that's a rubbish Darth Vader wannabe is really ugly isn't he??
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 16:32:15 »

My only gripe is that the whole Death Star thing has been done twice before. There are obviously loads of other things mirrored but it does work.

I was initially annoyed that Kylo Ren took off the mask and then proceeded to be really shit, as the first half of the film he was a genuine badass. However, on reflection it's obvious he was just imitating Vader and once the mask came off so did his strength and confidence.

Also with Rey, I suppose they didn't really have time in the film for her to slowly develop her use of the force. It kept the film entertaining and we already know what the force is and how certain people are able to harness it so no point in going over the old ground.

It's been set up nicely for the subsequent films.

My mate and I looked at eachother like "Really?!" when they started the trench run.

I'm just thinking that JJ Abrams wanted to get Star Wars back to a place that we're all familiar with and introduce new characters while chucking in some new things.

So hopefully TFA has set the ground-work for a good series of films to build upon and let us learn who Snoke is (Plagueis?), where Rey comes from, what the First Order actually is (because they haven't really told us much about it), how Ren develops further into a Sith-wannabe...

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 17:06:54 »

Her being Luke's daughter seems a bit too obvious. But she must come from Jedi blood, because of her Force abilities.

From what I've read, one of the voices in the flashback (when she touches Luke's/Vader's lightsaber) was Ewan McGregor/Obi Wan.
I saw it as more likely she's related to Han and Leia - some strong hints with her and Han saying the same things fixing the falcon etc. Best guess was she could be Kylo Ren's daughter (he certainly seemed to know of if not much about her) although ages a bit of a problem
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 17:43:15 »

I saw it as more likely she's related to Han and Leia - some strong hints with her and Han saying the same things fixing the falcon etc. Best guess was she could be Kylo Ren's daughter (he certainly seemed to know of if not much about her) although ages a bit of a problem

They had similar personalities, yes. But there was no hint as to Han having any clue as to who she is though. When she told him her name he didn't react, when he learned anything about her, he didn't react.

I thought this too, so I kept a really close eye on all their interactions in the film the second time I watched it and there's nothing in there that's obviously hinting that they're related.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 19:05:56 »

Her being Luke's daughter seems a bit too obvious.

As said by someone else, hero of the rebellion, jedi and the only person he's kissed is his own sister Smiley
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 19:23:59 »

As said by someone else, hero of the rebellion, jedi and the only person he's kissed is his own sister Smiley[\b]

Well, that we know of. The idea that Rey is Luke's daughter is so blindingly obvious I kept waiting for someone to say it.

Some cuntsplash on Facebook (in the comments section of picture of something completely unrelated) gave away all the major plot points for me, so sadly I knew what was coming. Still bloody loved it though.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 21:44:08 »

I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. As if Han solo and Leia would have created that fella. Poor casting in that regard I think.
He was too vulnerable too for my liking. Should have made him nastier.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: