Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ady Williams....  (Read 10066 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 15:36:49 »

Williams, Pook, Nico etc are professional sportsmen, they may only play for Swindon Town in L1 but it does not matter they should be setting an example even if they was in the conference there are plenty of young stfc fan's out there that probably look up to these players and this is the example they set, they go out regardless of what night it is and get shit faced and make fool's of themselves - out of order.

I've got no problem with players having a few beers but do it in moderation though be professional.

In Ady's case this makes it even worse, he is club captain and has even been involved with the coaching he should be someone the other players can look up to and respect and go to for advice but if he is rolling around pissed as a fart in the middle of the week how can he be respected, probably a laughing stock...if the youth lads done it and claimed they was following the example set by their club captain people would be in uproar.

As said no problem with players having a few drinks but keep it to that, I thought these days footballers respected their bodies with the fitness and diets etc, but surely 10 pints isn't on the list.

And as for the lady he was with, I think that is his business who he chooses to go out with and people should not judge as she may be a really nice lady inside or it may have been his missus and that is personal  Oops
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 15:44:40 »

If he is going through a rough period in his life then he might find solace in a night out and we have all been there. Its his life to make mistakes not mine. people are far to judgemental these days, can you put your hand on your heart and say that wouldnt do this? i couldnt .

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #77 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 15:54:29 »

How many of us when we were 17/18 would look at a town player and think "oh my god, that's so ace that he's wasted, I want to copy"? It's a flawed theory in my view, because I don't know any of peers, at that age, who would think like that. The other reason it's flawed is because 17/18 year olds would probably be wasted themselves anyway.

Apart from people thinking you're acting like a muppet there's not really much of a public image issue imo.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #78 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 16:03:24 »

I was fucking battered last night, and the night before. And will be tonight as well.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 16:05:06 »

The only setting an example issue I'm worried about is the example he sets to the younger pro's/youth team who must be tempted to go out on the lash at 17/18.

If players like Williams are known to be getting pished up then the youth teamers would see that as a green light to go out and do likewise.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #80 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 16:08:29 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
I was fucking battered last night, and the night before. And will be tonight as well.

Yeah Ady invited me out too
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 16:47:49 »

Is this thread still going?

FFS, let the man live his own life.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 17:03:47 »

I think we should have a protest about it!  Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #83 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 17:09:10 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Is this thread still going?

FFS, let the man live his own life.

I don't think that kind of language is appropriate for a Trust board member. Think of all the aspiring busybodies who look up to you and you set that sort of example.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 17:45:45 »

Ady should become a rock star. It's common practice to get pissed then  Beers
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 17:58:38 »

I can easily imagine that Williams knows his days as a player are numbered,  maybe has some domestic problem and maybe decided that he's now free to indulge himself...OK it could be argued he has a position of reponsibility etc, but making a bit of a prat of yourself is a long way from Bradley Orr, Dave Partridge country.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 18:38:29 »

18 year olds/youth teamers will always go and get fucked whenever, regardless of who they see out. Makes no difference whether Williams is out or not to me, he can do just as he pleases as long as he takes the consequences like if he was fined after playing shit after a night on the lash.

here's the man himself when you need him?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 19:14:49 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
How do you know he wasn't driving?

Toni was driving...

Pook and Nicho were home waiting for some tag team action!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 22:00:37 »

Pook of course was done for drink driving. So was Nicho - bunch of cunts!

I've been slated many many times for my opinion on the footballers drinking. I dont mind them drinking but getting plastered often can not be good for their health and fitness - and at the end of the day they paid good money to play a sport and be in peak physical condition.

Now, as far as I'm aware Ady is still out injured (?) and there was 0% chance of him playing Saturday, so if he isnt training today then I dont see the problem of him going out....but then I didnt see his actions or how drunk he was.

Someone mentioned that loads of the youth players go out and get plastered, thats true and where the fuck are all our youth players no eh! non league no bodies mainly.

Secondly, more importantly - did I really need a text messages at twenty to one in the morning informing me of this  
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 22:02:58 »

Quote from: "DV"
Firsty, before Jim or Santini come on here, Nicholas was NEVER done for drink driving, he was done for speeding - which although a crime is totally different.

Pook of course was done for drink driving.

I've been slated many many times for my opinion on the footballers drinking. I dont mind them drinking but getting plastered often can not be good for their health and fitness - and at the end of the day they paid good money to play a sport and be in peak physical condition.

Now, as far as I'm aware Ady is still out injured (?) and there was 0% chance of him playing Saturday, so if he isnt training today then I dont see the problem of him going out....but then I didnt see his actions or how drunk he was.

Someone mentioned that loads of the youth players go out and get plastered, thats true and where the fuck are all our youth players no eh! non league no bodies mainly.

Secondly, more importantly - did I really need a text messages at twenty to one in the morning informing me of this  

Are you sure DV? As the rumour has it nicho was drink driving and was caught trying to push his car around the corner after crashing it?!?! Personally I dont give a fuck

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: