Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Crawley Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40705 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:20:56 »

If anyone can come up with a reasoned, evidenced reason why Luongo and Kasim coming back would possibly make us worse, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise the two events coincide, but no more.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:21:48 »

Just read Cooper's interview and I really hope what he says in the press and what he really thinks are 2 different things. To say we played "quite well" is a bit of a lie. Having lots of possession doesn't necessarily constitute playing well especially if you don't do anything with it, also yes the ref wasn't great but he didn't have any real influence on the result so why moan about him.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:24:33 »

Still though, I am confident we will put this blip behind us
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:26:35 »

I think its a mixture of a sudden loss of confidence, an increase in pressure, and good fortune deserting us in defending.

To be honest, today's starting 11 wasn't a million miles away from what I'd consider our best available starting 11.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:26:41 »

Kasim got rolled too easily for their winner and instead of trying to cover the space, left their man free and Wes with a decision to stay put or come out. It didn't end well!
Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:27:25 »

If anyone can come up with a reasoned, evidenced reason why Luongo and Kasim coming back would possibly make us worse, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise the two events coincide, but no more.

It's funny.

We've lost 4 in the last 5. The 4 that we lost, Luongo played no part in. The 1 that we won, he did play in.

Yet.... Them coming back is to blame?
theakston2k

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:29:18 »

It's funny.

We've lost 4 in the last 5. The 4 that we lost, Luongo played no part in. The 1 that we won, he did play in.

He played and scored against Oldham
CalRed45

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:30:05 »

It's funny.

I think what it is, is that when they were gone people didn't expect us to do as well without them, when things didn't go right there was a bit more understanding. Now that they are back and our run of "easy" games, people expect more from the team
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:30:14 »

Haven't read all the way through yet, but to reiterate what someone has said already; Crawley.....Fucking Crawley.

That said, I thought I was in a bad mood before coming on here, but I'm nothing compared to some on here...fucking hell you lot get a grip. Plenty of football to play yet. Yes autos is looking further away than it was a month or two ago, but we're still in the hunt and there's no reason why we can't get back into the groove.

I'm not one for slagging players off usually. But fucking hell Swift. Undoubtedly a player with great skill, but being a goal down in the last minute, in the oppos corner with a team mate with you and players in the box waiting for a cross....stopping and holding onto the ball for 30 seconds, doing precisely fuck all with it and then just running it into a crowded box where it's inevitable that you're going to be stopped by 2 or 3 players.....that's just fucking criminal.

Back to basics for me on Tuesday. Get the 3 in the middle that bossed the first half of the season, Swift and Gladwin on the bench.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:31:55 »

Back to basics for me on Tuesday. Get the 3 in the middle that bossed the first half of the season, Swift and Gladwin on the bench.

Yup.

Would you stick with Smith up top too?
Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:32:25 »

He played and scored against Oldham

Doh!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:00:52 »

Over the pub last night and the consensus is that this is a "must win" game.

I reckon you were right....I think autos are now unlikely, which isn't totally unexpected, given small squad inexperience etc.

We do need now to concentrate on staying in the PO, and avoiding a loss to a Bradford side very decent away from home would be a start.

In some ways it's better to drop out of the picture now, rather than later, as less disappointment if we do make the PO's.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:02:58 »

Not going to comment on the performance, as it's all probably been said. I'd just like to say to the fucking idiots that were screaming to the ref to book their player for daring to have the cheek to celebrate their winner in front of the DRS; you sad, pathetic cunts.

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:06:20 »

God that's a depressing day of football. Unusually I was confident we'd win easily today, how wrong I was. Crawley score from the first attack and then hibernate in their own half. We have so much possession but do naff all with it. Toffolo has the most space with the ball but it just wasn't going for him and I think Louis for him was the right change to inject a bit more urgency and we started the second half much better.

Will finished well from a fabulous Stephens run and pass and it looked like we would go on to win. Only we then played possession stuff again without too much of an urgency. I felt like we missed Luongo's energy today as Gladwin for me was lazy and Swift needs to try and not take on half the opposition.

I'll not be at the game on Tuesday so we'll probably win.

It's odd how our defenders keep getting man of the match awards at home. I though Stephens and Turnbull were excellent today.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:06:30 »

Poor against a well drilled defence. Gladwin and Swift both guilty of dwelling on the ball and then doing precisely fuck all with it. And although it's been said many times please stop with the fucking short corners .
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: