Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hereford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46918 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #420 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:51:43 »

Did Kerrouche play for the scum today?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:52:57 »

Not the best of games, pitch was one of the worst I've ever seen - it was like playing on a cobbled street.

Fully deserved the 3 points though, Hereford were very negative in the first half. We really had to get stuck in and try to nick something and we did through good persistence.

We're always going to be sniped at by opposition fans, because we're winning, because of our manager - who to be fair, sat pretty motionless throughout the game, until a foul went unpunished and he went mad - and got some serious grief from all around him.

Hereford we're a bunch of fouling bastards though, Will Evans had to be taken off before he was sent off - and at least two others could've had their marching orders.

Away crowd was good, but the noise was poor, we were all so fragmented - our bunch on the terrace, another load in the seats above, more in the two temporary stands.

I was right in my post in the Hereford Away thread, the exposed temp stands were atmosphere destroyers, it was hard to generate any kind of noise in that enviroment.

Macca was MOTM for me, an absolute colossus at the back.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:52:57 »

Did Kerrouche play for the scum today?
Yeah played the first hour
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:53:54 »

Seems to be every week that opposition fans are saying the same things about us. Whether we play them off the park or grind out wins like we did today.

At the end of the day, we are the best team in this league and some people seem to find it hard to admit this!

Hereford were fooking awful btw, could not watch that week in week out!

Hereford were terrible but brought us down to their level today. Opposition fans go into games ready to hate Paolo and he doesn't dissapoint. They hate for the reason we love him: he is passionate, fiery, aggressive. If an oposition manager acted in the Arkells as di Canio did in the stands today, I'd be pretty unhappy.

This shouldn't be compared to Evans, who is a arm-waving, sweaty thug who plays ugly, base football.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:54:45 »

Yeah played the first hour

Did he score ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:56:09 »

Did he score ?

It finished 0-0.

You do the maths.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:57:05 »

It's just great to be able to have the debate Cool

Too right! We haven't even mentioned Flint or Foderingham, honourable mentions to Ferry, Benson........it's too early for this isn't it....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:57:50 »

It finished 0-0.

You do the maths.
Heh! heh!

did he score? Cool
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:58:06 »

Did he score ?
Considering Pox drew 0-0 im gunna guess he didnt  Cheesy
Quote from: The Moonraker

link=topic=46971.msg1045755#msg1045755 date=1329602034
Hereford were terrible but brought us down to their level today. Opposition fans go into games ready to hate Paolo and he doesn't dissapoint. They hate for the reason we love him: he is passionate, fiery, aggressive. If an oposition manager acted in the Arkells as di Canio did in the stands today, I'd be pretty unhappy.
Its more the cheating thing that appears to pop up, I dont see how we can be labled this especially today when Hereford seemed determined to put at least one of out players in hospital! All that Evans proved to Di Canio is that hes a dirty bastard!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:59:11 »

Not been back long.

Pretty poor game but very relieved to get the 3 points. It was an awful pitch, we had absolutely no chance of being able to play football. Hereford are shite, horrible dirty team and they could quite easily had a couple sent off.

Macca was a rock again at the back and I thought Boetang did alright. Rooney was always going to struggle on a pitch like that and up against such a physical side.

Hereford is a shit hole and we had no chance of getting a decent atmosphere going with our fans spread out all over the fucking place. Very happy to get out of there with the win. Next 3 games are huge.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 21:59:40 »

Too right! We haven't even mentioned Flint or Foderingham, honourable mentions to Ferry, Benson........it's too early for this isn't it....
You've just gotta love it and savour every moment  Cool
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:08:12 »

From the Hereford forum...

"Best performance for a month? Best performance all bloody season I've seen! First time we truly played football and out-footballed the "Barcelona of League 2"

I'm sorry, but no, just no
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:10:47 »

Considering Pox drew 0-0 im gunna guess he didnt ts more the cheating thing that appears to pop up, I dont see how we can be labled this especially today when Hereford seemed determined to put at least one of out players in hospital! All that Evans proved to Di Canio is that hes a dirty bastard!

This bugs me a bit I must admit. Opposition fans will have a pop, that's bound to happen. But at least base it on some vague semblance of fact. This team clearly does not cheat and dive. I would not defend them if they did. I speak as I find. I am far too long in the tooth to do it any other way. People have preconceived ideas about STFC and PDC I suppose and are just looking for any excuse to reinforce those prejudices. At the end of the day, this is football and not the European Court of Human Rights. Football Club forums are generally not the place to go for balanced, reasoned debates I guess.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:21:13 »

From the Hereford forum...

"Best performance for a month? Best performance all bloody season I've seen! First time we truly played football and out-footballed the "Barcelona of League 2"

I'm sorry, but no, just no

Haha, that's fucking hilarious. If that was 'football', then I would hate to see them play when they don't play football!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 22:32:10 »

So are we going to call him "Boetang"..?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: