Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Provisional World Cup Squad...  (Read 14983 times)
red macca

« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 21:43:46 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Walcott's an insane decision.

People will point to Owen and Rooney but they'd been scoring in the Premier League, fuck me that's absurb, Walcott hasn't even got goals aplenty for Soton, whats he got 5?

Drop Green, 2 keepers is fine, take Defoe/Bent ffs.
5 in 10 starts yes
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 22:08:26 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "oxford_fan"
give walcott a chance before you write him off, wenger has said its a good decision and he's not such a bad manager. toure says its right too, and he's been trying to defend against him in training, says he's lightening quick and kolo's no slow coach.

Wenger's bound to say that isn't he.I expect Curbishley thinks leaving Bent out is a bad decision.Does Wenger pick the team now-he told Sven to pick him so he could see how he does before he picks him for the Arse!
wenger doesn't normally spend big money on players though, so paying £12m for a 17 year old with only 25 senior starts probably means he's shit hot.

i'd rather wenger picked our team than sven.
red macca

« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 22:14:29 »

Quote from: "adje"
give walcott a chance before you write him off, wenger has said its a good decision and he's not such a bad manager. toure says its right too, and he's been trying to defend against him in training, says he's lightening quick and kolo's no slow coach.

Wenger's bound to say that isn't he.I expect Curbishley thinks leaving Bent out is a bad decision.Does Wenger pick the team now-he told Sven to pick him so he could see how he does before he picks him for the Arse!
wenger doesn't normally spend big money on players though, so paying £12m for a 17 year old with only 25 senior starts probably means he's shit hot.

i'd rather wenger picked our team than sven.
luckily our starting eleven can usually pick itself..couple of things i think will happen,dont be suprised if reo coker comes in for hargreaves and secondly andy johnson to get aids WTF is he doing their,suppose he is in the squad incase of penalties because thats all he is good for(just)
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 22:25:11 »

I still think it's fucking stupid taking Walcott and Lennon.

here's the man himself when you need him?
McLovin

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 07:40:34 »

King > Campbell, and is back next week. I think it's crazy that Campbell just walks back into the international setup, without proving himself. He's been poor for the last 2 seasons at least.
land_of_bo

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 07:45:15 »

We need Campbell to score a disallowed equaliser
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 08:51:09 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "RobertT"
7 players included that are either injured or just, and only just, returned from bad injury.

Walcott, WTF.  Yes he may be a sudden hit, but he's been inlcuded as a striker when I'm sure he's played most of his football so far behind the front two.  He has also been picked when 2 of the 4 forwards might not even be fully fit.

Hargreaves?Huh?Huh?? on what basis

No SWP is odd, plain odd.  Especially as he can go up front if needed, as show at City many times, not even on the stand by list though.

9 midfielders! despite forwards being our big injury problem.

Looks likely that we'll be playing 4-5-1 with Crouch upfront on his own at times I think.  Don't see how Rooney can be ready in time and Owen won't be match fit even if his foot is ok.

The blokes lost the plot.
usually i agree with you rob but this time i cant..surely its obvious that if owen and rooney are fit(which he will be) they will play.if they are not we will play one up front with gerrard,cole playing off the striker..genius aint i.as for walcot as i have not been to much football this year i took it upon myself to watch him a few times the lad is nothing short of amazing and if he gets the chance this year you watch him go

Macca, I'm not anti taking Walcott.  Just that if we do take him I would have expected better protection in the squad up front.  Just imagine if Rooney and Owen are both not fit but somehow convince Eriksson they are (ala Beckham).  We then leave ourselves open to relying on Crouch as our only fit forward and Walcott becomes less of a nice luxury to include and suddenly a pressured member of the squad.

Take Walcott, yes.  But sacrifice another midfielder (as he can play there) such as Jenas or Hargreaves.  You can see the problem already with Eriksson believeing Cole to be our back up striker.

I know we will go 4-5-1 but I it still leaves us with too much of a risk up front if things did go pear shaped (imagine Crouch being the number 1 choice and then getting sent off or injured in a game!)  My worry is soley based on the fact I can see Owen and Rooney being risked as well.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 09:03:24 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
King > Campbell, and is back next week. I think it's crazy that Campbell just walks back into the international setup, without proving himself. He's been poor for the last 2 seasons at least.

I was surprised by this too, Ledley King should have been given the chance.
McLovin

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 14:52:16 »

http://www.football365.com/opinion/john_nicholson/story_184945.shtml
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 15:01:13 »

Do you think the brazil boss was slated for taking a 17 year old pele all those years ago?

Lumps

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 18:24:59 »

I've had an idea.

Do you think that the Swede has resigned himself to the fact that the Roon isn't going to make it, and is planning to replace him in the squad with Defoe or Bent at the June 9th deadline?

In that case bringing in Walcott now might be a bit crafty. He's sneaked him into the squad as a replacement for Rooneys flair and technique but without putting the pressure on him of actually being the direct replacement for him in the squad.

Maybe he's not as stupid as he looks?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2006, 13:58:47 »

He's not that clever!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: