Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: total shite  (Read 3057 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 18:43:33 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
fallon only gets one game- two yellows

depends if the fa decide it was violent conduct or not, doesn't it?

Quote from: "PHIL!!!"
They played well for the majority of the second half and they had spells of good play in the first.

i can't think of a single positive thing from the first half, possibly whalley's shot that just missed the post but other than that i'd struggle to agree with you.
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 18:45:12 »

only if the referee includes it in his report?
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 18:45:44 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

Quote from: "PHIL!!!"
They played well for the majority of the second half and they had spells of good play in the first.

i can't think of a single positive thing from the first half, possibly whalley's shot that just missed the post but other than that i'd struggle to agree with you.

Mcdermott missin an open goal with a header, Bouzza puttin a shot just wide from 8 yards.
The second half was a big improvement though.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
adystfc

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:00:26 »

At halftime today I said to a colleague who was sitting next to me - it would be interesting to see how Town play without Fallon because we  have been a bit one-dimensional - trying to play through Fallon all the time...  as a result the smaller, but faster players get cut out of the game ....  little did I know that my theory would actually be tested!   Then Rory got sent off and it was fair to say that our football improved .playing the ball on the deck for Bouazza and Shakes to terrorise the Scunthorpe defence.....leading to the penalty ..   so we shouldnt despair - we'll just have to play using a different system at Huddersfield......  I thought the fans today were fantastic all round as well and with all three stands yelling for the last 15 -20 minutes - it was just like the old days!!
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:03:07 »

We were much better when Fallon got sent off, we used the wings. and Roberts and Bouazza tried to beat people.

Ref was shit.

Stewards were shit. Surely swearing and inciting the away fans is all part and parcel of the game?

Singing I-i Iffy Alan Reeves.... Cheesy

Roll on the rest of the season

here's the man himself when you need him?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:10:12 »

Quote from: "Reeves for King"

Singing I-i Iffy Alan Reeves.... Cheesy

I have soooo got to try to start that against City!

Or would singing be inciting the away fans. Perhaps the stewards are more used to the peacefulk surroundings of the Carling Atyeo Stand?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:10:47 »

Scunthorpe really should have won today, we were bloody terrible. We played some good bits and I don't think thats the worst performance from us this season.

Electric at the end though. Reminds me a bit of the Oldham game.

And why does everyone always try and get our players sent off  :evil: *adds Sharp to kill list*
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:19:00 »

Yeah but if he had a yellow, then the fa can't intervene surely. Isn't that why Essien wasn't suspended?

here's the man himself when you need him?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:21:51 »

I'm not entirely sure, I thought the FA were looking at the Essien challenge...dsigraceful tackle.

Surely if they cant rescind a double yellow they shouldn't be allowed to altar it.
Although to be honest with the way FIFA are currently handling the rules, nothing would surprise me  :?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:23:36 »

I thought it was to do if the ref saw everything or not.

I'm sure with the essien incident he watched the video and agreed it should have been a red rather than a yellow but as he'd seen it at the time then the decision couldn't be changed.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:39:22 »

Maybe you have a case there Bedford
Supercake2

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:44:06 »

i agree with everythin above
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:49:36 »

Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
70 minutes of total and utter shite, we were absolutely diabolical and looked shambolic until the goal and the players finally realised they were playing a game of football.

today was the first time this season when i watched a game and thought to myself that we're going down. there was no cohesion, no communication, we couldn't hold onto the ball and when we did have the ball we gave it away cheaply.

The bit in bold is kind of harsh dont you think? They played well for the majority of the second half and they had spells of good play in the first.

Unless by "they" you mean Scunny, I can only assume you were at a completely different game to me. We were terrible until the last 20 minutes - and Roberts is a selfish, lazy, showboater who should be routinely beaten with an iron bar until he's prepared to play for the team (he adds, to stoke some controversy  Smiley )
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:52:51 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
70 minutes of total and utter shite, we were absolutely diabolical and looked shambolic until the goal and the players finally realised they were playing a game of football.

today was the first time this season when i watched a game and thought to myself that we're going down. there was no cohesion, no communication, we couldn't hold onto the ball and when we did have the ball we gave it away cheaply.

The bit in bold is kind of harsh dont you think? They played well for the majority of the second half and they had spells of good play in the first.

Unless by "they" you mean Scunny, I can only assume you were at a completely different game to me. We were terrible until the last 20 minutes - and Roberts is a selfish, lazy, showboater who should be routinely beaten with an iron bar until he's prepared to play for the team (he adds, to stoke some controversy  Smiley )

They meanin Swindon Town. And i felt we were the better team in the second half. They hardly got through our defence (apart from down the wings occasionally) and Heaton didnt have much to do at all. Two good saves and thats all he needed to do.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:53:04 »

Did anyone else notice by the way that Bouazza improved when he played down the middle as a conventional centre-forward rather than out on the wing? Same on Tuesday, he looked great (well, good anyway) running at defenders, taking them on etc but hugely uncomfortable when out on the wing (which given the dreadful crosses he put in is not surprising). Or is this just me?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: