Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 Play Off Final: Millwall V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36021 times)
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 18:00:47 »

@ Migzy
To make matters worse I got a smack from a Forest fan after the game a Wembley Stadium station

Sorry to hear about your run in with a Forest cunt. Still it still cheers me today to remember Yeovil beating Forset 5-2 at the City Ground to knock them out the play-offs a few years ago. Underacheiving tossers!

Perhaps I had rose tinted testicles too - but I remember the atmos in '93 being great - loads of singing/chanting.

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 18:09:58 »

biggest disappointment for me today was deffo the quality of support, we gave millwall home advantage with our lack of noise.

only a few of us in and around our block really making the effort, plenty of 'this is shit' and all that coming out of their mouths but no willingness to help the players out, a disgrace, whether people were day trippers or not the way to enjoy a day at wembley is to get involved, we were let down badly today by those people and they'll happily use our defeat as a reason to not come back next season.

as for the game... i cannot believe we got the only booking, countless yellows should have come out for fouls by 'wall and the ref kept laughing them off, the keeper carrying the ball out of the area a prime example, at least a yellow if not a red for that - frazer away at qpr anyone?  blatent shirt tugs, dangerous lunges, harris late on lucas - one mistimed challeng from us and out comes the card - disgracefull.

i'm sure there was a hanball for the goal aswell and the ball was deffo not in the quadren at the corner.

oh well, i'm sure we can build on this season, providing we keep the key players (prob not paynter) i'm confident danny will bring in a good set of fresh blood with the likes of timlin and easton moving on to make way for them.

gonna be interesting to see what the link with city brings, hopefully a good striker and winger on loan.

Div

« Reply #302 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 18:24:42 »

biggest disappointment for me today was deffo the quality of support, we gave millwall home advantage with our lack of noise.

only a few of us in and around our block really making the effort, plenty of 'this is shit' and all that coming out of their mouths but no willingness to help the players out, a disgrace, whether people were day trippers or not the way to enjoy a day at wembley is to get involved, we were let down badly today by those people and they'll happily use our defeat as a reason to not come back next season.

as for the game... i cannot believe we got the only booking, countless yellows should have come out for fouls by 'wall and the ref kept laughing them off, the keeper carrying the ball out of the area a prime example, at least a yellow if not a red for that - frazer away at qpr anyone?  blatent shirt tugs, dangerous lunges, harris late on lucas - one mistimed challeng from us and out comes the card - disgracefull.

i'm sure there was a hanball for the goal aswell and the ball was deffo not in the quadren at the corner.

oh well, i'm sure we can build on this season, providing we keep the key players (prob not paynter) i'm confident danny will bring in a good set of fresh blood with the likes of timlin and easton moving on to make way for them.

gonna be interesting to see what the link with city brings, hopefully a good striker and winger on loan.

Regards the bookings, Lesc was correct to be booked, but the ref bottled it for the tackle on douglas around the centre circle and Harris' challenge on Lucas. But their keeper, was never a red, and certainly didn't stop our attacking play , it was just poor keeping, never a card. Harris had too much to say half the time, and their CBS played high-ball well to get the decisions.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 18:30:02 »

yes it was a booking for lecs, i agree but there should have been plenty for them first.

as for the keeper, i've seen cards given plenty of time for that, if he'd have dropped it upon leaving the area there were two town players there ready to pounce, he knew what he was doing.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 18:31:56 »

oh and the ref literally laughed about it
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:00:33 »

we didnt turn up today, real shame but cant be too disapointed as we have had a brilliant season, shame about the austin bobble. Millwall were stronger and quicker than us, it looked like a team of under 13s v under 15s.

I only have 2 gripes.....

First the referee and bookings, millwall should have had at least 2 players booked before lescinel was booked, why the fuck harris wasnt booked for kicking the shit out of lucas i dont know?

Secondly, our support was fucking shit today. normally when we take a big away following like to st marys or elland road we are fucking loud and raucous and get behind the team, suppose when you average just over 8000 at home and 33000 turn up for wembley you hope the daytrippers would get behind the team, today they didnt  Disapointing.,

Plus points....

We might finally get to play the scum in the paint pot cup now they have managed to clamber out the plumbers and electricians league on their 4th or 5th attempt.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:02:17 »

Have to say that the performance of our support in general was worse than the team.

I would have to say that it sounded like the 3,000 that went to Charlton outsang 30,000 from today.

Overheard several twats on the way out saying we were shit & that they wouldn't be going to watch them again.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:03:02 »

No complaints.

Out battled and outclassed. But they are a very decent side and we didn't show up.

A real shame about the atmosphere from us as it was utter wank throughout. Really couldn't get anything going.

Bring on next season, the lads can be proud of getting this far.

jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:08:04 »

On train home:
we played shit- out muscled and out thought in every dept.
Our fans wereshit. Well there were a few seperate groups trying to get the  singing going but the daytrippers in between weren't up for it.
Out sung by a mile.
My previous two trips to wembley have been sone of my best days. Today just fizzled out to a frustrating shit.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:10:22 by jimmy_onions » Logged
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:09:13 »

Sure the defeat, and the manner of it, is disappointing. But overall this season has been one of the most enjoyable in recent memory - much more so that the promotion campaign in L2 for example.

Keep the core of this squad and DW together and there is no reason we can't be challenging at the sharp end next season.
ReadytoGo

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:13:30 »

Re the atmosphere - I think Millwall called it right on that. You couldn't really hear singing from across the stadium so any Come on you reds or Danny Wilson's Red and White army never stood a chance of everyone singing together.

Millwall's single note was so loud because everyone joined in and didn't have to be coordinated or know any words.

I'm still looking forward to next year - Come on you Reds
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:14:53 »

The trouble is you need the team to get the casual punters going, which they didn't in the first half. I know the belief drained out of me in the opening 45 minutes, and I know I wasn't as pumped up after that either and I'm usually reasonably vocal.

The whole day was flat - rain, poor performance, our fans (guess I have to say myself included). The ref was a minor frustration, but no-one here is kidding ourselves we got anything other than the result we deserved, despite the Austin bobble.

I feel like hiding under a rock for a few days before contemplating next season. On the other hand I am pissed off that we are heading to Sheffield Wednesday, not jizzing in my pants about a trip to fucking Accrington, so it could be worse.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:16:10 »

Sure the defeat, and the manner of it, is disappointing. But overall this season has been one of the most enjoyable in recent memory - much more so that the promotion campaign in L2 for example.

Keep the core of this squad and DW together and there is no reason we can't be challenging at the sharp end next season.

Very true, the concern is trying to keep hold of or replace players like Paynter, Ward, Ferry, Sheehan & Darby.

But to be honest Danny Wilson pulled a few rabbits out of the hat to build this team, let's hope he can do it again.

Whatever happens, we are in a much better state than we were at this time last season.

Roll on August Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:21:28 »

awful, awful, fucking awful day.

I will start with our 'support' fucking gash, not good gash either - horrible gash. Whilst I didnt sort out my tickets, we were row 9 behind the goal - knowing full well there would be alot of people behind us. 30 seconds 'can you sit down please' fuck sake, its wembley for fuck sake, biggest game for years I didnt come to sit on my hands - but we had to sit down. At one point we had a corner and we stood up, I turned to the people behind me (row 9 there was alot of people behind me) and said something along the sides of sing up you bastards. They were still sat down, plastic day tripping cunts - fuck off.

We literally sung nothing and got out classed by Millwall doing their best spacker impression Milllllllll (...what with the white kit) it was like an away game. The atompshere was awful, probably the worst following ever seen at Wembley ever. I dont even remember a decent song?

The players played like our fans first half, we just kept losing the ball. Sometimes due to Millwall hurrying us and others for no reason what so ever. They won every header and were first to ever second ball. They should have been 3-0 up and celebrating by half time. Amankwaah summed our performance with a bullet header into his own fucking net. We were lucky to only be 1-0 down.

Second half we were better without creating much, think we must have had 2 or 3 chances and Millwall had more than that at the other end.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I did say it before the game but ask me a million times and I would have started Phil Smith every single time without question, he got us there in the first place.

I thought Lucas probably had his worst STFC game, dropped and flapped at almost everything - it was like watching Brezovan again.

Kevin Amankwaah had the worst game probably of his whole career, the abuse got to him and affected him - he should have come off about 25 minutes in. He been fantastic all season but was a waste of player out there today.

Thought Cuthbert and LJF did alright in the middle, they were up against some good strikers. Sheehan was a bit meh, none of the midfield got alot of time on the ball and Billy and Charlie barely touched the thing. Cant believe Charlie missed, that confirmed it - that was our one chance.

I know again its hindsight, but 1-0 down in a play off final and you take off your top scorer (who is already long gone, on holiday and was rubbish today) but still why? I would have thrown 3 on up, we had nothing to lose. I would have thrown Ward up top and gone 4 upfront, we seemed to fade out - we should have had more of a go. Talking Sheehan and then JPM off was stupid, as they take all our set pieces, we had two corners in injury time and they were both crap in the end. Would have having JPM to take them had made a difference?

Annoyingly shit way to end what as been a great season, but that was an awful day with an awful performance with awful support.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #314 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 19:22:33 »

Very true, the concern is trying to keep hold of or replace players like Paynter, Ward, Ferry, Sheehan & Darby.

But to be honest Danny Wilson pulled a few rabbits out of the hat to build this team, let's hope he can do it again.

Whatever happens, we are in a much better state than we were at this time last season.

Roll on August Cheesy

I think most of us know realistically Paynter is going, Sheehan has made no secret of the fact that he wants Championship football, It would be difficult to get Ward on loan again, Not sure if we could get Darby back, Ferry should sign permanently well i hope he does anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: