Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199494 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:13:49 »

Important for me to say this is not true. Neither group were asked to submit their questions in advance - having organised the thing I'm in the place to know this - but the Trust opted to off their own back. That is their prerogative, as it is the Supporters' Club not to.
What this shows is how rumour and conjecture can really drive a stake through the heart of what we are all trying to achieve, which is a more comfortable (or potentially uncomfortable) truth.

That's actually quite interesting Sam

I was categorically told at the game on Saturday by someone who sits very high up within the Supporters Club that this was the case - that they had been approached directly and asked to put all their questions in writing in advance, and declined to do so....

If this is not actually the case i guess it shows the level of rumour and counter rumour that could so easily be avoided by the board coming out and being more transparent - hopefully tonight will go some way to achieve this.....

Wise men say........
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:37:48 »

Conversely, if something dodgy was afoot that was hameful to the club  (and I'm not saying it is), and you knew about it, would you stay quiet?

On the other hand this could easily all be true but a misrepresentation/lack of understanding of the facts too.

I agree with Bernie, staying quiet about the embargo and about the revolving directors door has been harmful. Its taken Sam Morshead to get some sorts of lines of communication going. I hope that we are now getting somewhere to address all this.

Perhaps Jed can give Fitton a ring for some advice on how to do things better.

This is pretty much what I was trying to say until Monkey boy got the wrong end of the wrong stick.

They just need to get better at communication so that these potential chinese whispers cease to happen.  I know hopefully tonight is the start of improved communication which is a good sign, the fact that I am of the opinion that we won't get the level of information that we all want is neither here not there, it's an opinion,  hence why I am still bemused by the response of Monkey boy.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:39:15 »

I find it very strange that the BBC has declined an invitation to attend, would have thought it right up Hodgetts and Wise's street.  Wonder if Wise overstepped the mark when asked not to mention Power coming in until this week - but went ahead and did it anyway!!  Has somebody had a word in his ear?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:52:06 »

I find it very strange that the BBC has declined an invitation to attend, would have thought it right up Hodgetts and Wise's street.  Wonder if Wise overstepped the mark when asked not to mention Power coming in until this week - but went ahead and did it anyway!!  Has somebody had a word in his ear?

I found it strange too.  Maybe they just plan to report on Sam's dialogue similar to how the adver uses the BBC post match interviews to base their stories on after a match.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:57:53 »

Not particularly strange....if they think they are going to be given information and then asked not to report it (again), it puts them in a difficult position.  Better (and more responsible even?) not to have the info in the first place.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:14:48 »

Do you have anger issues? 

I am not suggesting any of that shit that you have just spouted.  I am a member of the trust.  Sly innuendo? WTF?

Are you a bit of a fuckwit, because I am not sure how you have come to that response from what I have posted.

You've just suggested that we won't get anything out of the meeting as it is staged. What does that mean other than you think the questionners are set up beforehand to ask easy questions.

What the fuck does staged mean otherwise.

..never go back.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:15:09 »

I find it very strange that the BBC has declined an invitation to attend, would have thought it right up Hodgetts and Wise's street.  Wonder if Wise overstepped the mark when asked not to mention Power coming in until this week - but went ahead and did it anyway!!  Has somebody had a word in his ear?

I’m not surprised.  BBC Wilts cut short the coverage of the Board's introductory press conference after 5 mins in order to chat about something crucial like morris dancing or potatoes.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:15:57 »

Sam just said that Fredi has been in touch with him...
corner

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:20:02 »

Fredi has said on adver forum tht jed has sold out to crouch as long as hes cleard by FL.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:45:37 »

Steve is a 30-year veteran of the tax and accounting sector, having spent many years working within HMRC before eventually setting up his own firm in 1991, and co-founding Crunch in 2007.Steve leads our team of expert accountants, providing a wealth of guidance and insight attained through his many years in practice.

At least we should be able to pay our tax bills on time!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:51:12 »

At least we should be able to pay our tax bills on time!

Or legally not as the case maybe...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:55:57 »

Well on first impressions at least, this new guy seems to have a bit more business acumen about him than Jed & co.
Flashheart

« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:59:17 »

And he's wearing a tie
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 10:59:31 »

Fredi has said on adver forum tht jed has sold out to crouch as long as hes cleard by FL.

This is the bit I had some contention with, as in why it seemed to be raised as a negative.  I'm not sure Jed even has ownership, he was publicised originally as the front man for people who had the money, which this now seems to be playing out like.  Just seems not all the money men were willing to go in so quickly without a full and rigourous audit of the affairs - this guy being an Accountant makes sense.
What is the problem with that? and why wouldn't the "owners" allow their employees who negotiated the deal be paid for their services.  It may well be that they all eventually step down fromt the board or one or two remain, ultimately, that is the perrogotive of the shareholders.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 11:06:14 »

Well on first impressions at least, this new guy seems to have a bit more business acumen about him than Jed & co.

The Sage of Bangkok should take a bow.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=50388.msg1158670#msg1158670

I'm not sure Jed intends to be chairman here for long......

I have nothing to qualify that statement. It's nothing but a hunch.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: