Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9012976 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17820 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:39:07 »

Called off due to Clough's exit or did they just watch the Wembley game?  Zipped

I didn't realise we were supposed to panic yet though. One player we already knew was going to go has gone and so has someone else we thought might - both for a fee the owner seems satisfied with. Shambles.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17821 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:39:25 »

We need to try and keep Thompson, Byrne, Kasim, Smith and Obika. Build a team around them.

And hopefully Hylton.

I can't see Kasim and probably Byrne being here TBH.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17822 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:45:09 »

I didn't realise we were supposed to panic yet though. One player we already knew was going to go has gone and so has someone else we thought might - both for a fee the owner seems satisfied with. Shambles.

Aahh good, the old panic line, can you add meltdown too please.

Did you honestly see Gladwin leaving 2 weeks ago? Agree we had to cash in on him at that price.

Do you honestly not find it a bit odd the scale of contracted players that are up for sale?

Personally thought we'd lose the loans, Wes/Willo and sell Luongo, Kassim and possibly Byrne, then we'd grow and strengthen the squad.

Did not expect to see us start from scratch (until a couple of days ago).
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:47:06 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17823 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:47:01 »

Called off due to Clough's exit or did they just watch the Wembley game?  Zipped

Please keep up with the need to panic... it could change at short notice over the next few weeks!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17824 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:51:02 »

Knew it wouldn't be long before the Corporal Jone'ses appeared.  Wouldn't worry me If everyone went, we've been there before (almost) As long as one or 2 start coming in shortly, no reason to worry for another week or two.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #17825 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:52:27 »

Every player, everywhere, has his price.

If we keep getting offered daft money for average players, we'll keep saying yes!  The beauty of Power's model (the system, the system) is that the sum is greater than the sum of the parts.

We've been shafted time and time again on transfer fees in the past: let's enjoy it while we can.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17826 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:53:12 »

Where's this "we're selling the entire squad" come from though?

Flashheart

« Reply #17827 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:55:37 »

It's not a new thing, it happens every season that people get stressed like this.

just wait until 2-3 weeks before the transfer window shuts. It's a bundle of joy then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17828 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:57:32 »

OK, we haven't actually done that!

Just surprised Smith is one to be touted, plus added to Sam's "revolving door" comment yesterday, coupled that with the fact we lost 2 out of contracts, all the loans, and would be surprised to keep yasser/byrne and came up with 5.

lambourn red

« Reply #17829 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 21:58:35 »

It's not a new thing, it happens every season.
The difference this summer is they are actually worth good money well done Mr Power now go and get the next set of gems, this is the model Fitton wanted to implement
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17830 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:05:30 »

The difference this summer is they are actually worth good money well done Mr Power now go and get the next set of gems, this is the model Fitton wanted to implement

Fitton's model was to sell 2 or 3, which we've now done.

Look I know we'll have a squad together come August. And I know that its got as much chance of success or failure as every other new squad. And we've also seen keeping a squad together doesn't always work (see Wilson). Its not that.

Its more that, from the outside, it looks like we are trying to cash in on anything we can. Which I didn't really understand was the business model, and made me wonder if all was as break-even/debt repayment free in the house of STFC as we are lead to believe.

Surely its obvious to anyone that these concerns can be voiced without it being interpreted as a mad panic over things?  
Flashheart

« Reply #17831 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:08:14 »

Can we keep this a thread about transfer rumours please? It's easy enough to start a new thread if needed.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17832 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:09:56 »

OK, we haven't actually done that!

Just surprised Smith is one to be touted, plus added to Sam's "revolving door" comment yesterday, coupled that with the fact we lost 2 out of contracts, all the loans, and would be surprised to keep yasser/byrne and came up with 5.

Yaser, it's yaser Smiley

It just surprises me that people are concerned when this has been so predictable. Yes, I did think there was a possibility Gladwin would be off. Luongo we knew, Wes we know, Williams we know is also likely. The loan players - obviously they're going back. Smith - to me anyway - sounds more like an "offer that's too good to refuse" rather than actively touting for him to be sold.

If other key players are sold I think it'll be much the same. I doubt power actively wants to dismantle the entire squad but we are no position to cling on to players at any cost, so they may well go if the offer is right. It's less "getting rid of our best players" and more "if the offer is right, let's get rid early so we can work on bringing in some replacements." And whatever you think of the current regime I'm pretty sure those replacements have been considered far before now.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #17833 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:13:47 »

I reckon Smith is more a case of being surplus to requirements, we've got Hylton and Obika and will probably bring one or two new strikers in. £600k for a 3rd choice striker is good business.

I'm not convinced we've see the back of all the loan players, I reckon we'll see some of them again on loan or more likely as permanent signings.
Flashheart

« Reply #17834 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:16:28 »

I'm not convinced we've see the back of all the loan players, I reckon we'll see some of them again on loan or more likely as permanent signings.

I reckon Toffolo will be back.
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: