Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills away  (Read 98577 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 20:59:48 »

It was.  And it's basically because the only Gills fan I know is my mate Tim who's actually all right...and he doesn't really get what all the fuss is about either.

But you've just reminded me of something that happened to me a few years ago.  A rep came to give us a presentation at work and, at the end, the conversation turns to football and I must have mentioned who I supported.  The rep's face fell, like I'd just pissed all over his cornflakes.  'You're kidding', he says.  'You'll never guess who I follow!'

And he was right.  I couldn't.
'Oxford?' was my first guess, with a wince.
'No!'
'OK, then.  Bristol City?'
'No!'
'Rovers?'
'No!'

I'm starting to get a little confused now, and you can see he's getting annoyed.

'All right, my final guess...Reading?'

At which point it finally dawns on him that his team really isn't on my radar at all.  Sheepishly, he has to admit that he's a Gills fan, and I give an understanding nod.  That was pretty much the end of our conversation.  I didn't really have anything to add.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 21:02:47 by Ardiles » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #316 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 21:13:27 »

Im going either way, even if i have too clamp some wheels on every caravan or just stay in the livingston  Pint  Cheesy

Loving the avatar and the sig
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 21:18:41 »

STFC are so feared that this Gills will be the first ever club in all history to play a game behind closed doors voluntarily because they couldn't afford the massive police presence required to control our mob.

Milwall, Leeds, Cardiff, Eric your boys took one hell of a beating!

Cheesy

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 21:27:08 »

STFC are so feared that this Gills will be the first ever club in all history to play a game behind closed doors voluntarily because they couldn't afford the massive police presence required to control our mob.

Milwall, Leeds, Cardiff, Eric your boys took one hell of a beating!

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 21:35:03 »

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndon
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 22:20:23 »

go and stand in the corner and face the wall, we all know which day statements are released and it isn't Statement Thursday.

You are of course quite right. And I'd argue what was released today can in no way pass for a statement. So statement Friday it is!
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 22:23:06 »

Yay! I miss statement friday!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 22:44:05 »

Another day gone by and nothing resolved - utter joke.

The Gills forum is back up though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #323 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 22:44:50 »

I was at the games in 79/80 and at the end of the day its much ado about nothing. It shows just what a wanky club the Pikeys are thats its their defining moment in the last 40 years. Ray McHale is the worst thing to ever happen to them. Nasty Swindon are the worst thnig that has ever happenned to them. Fuck me, what a sheltered life they've led.
We've had a shitload worse thrown at us but we crack on.
A bunch of cunts who bang on about something trivial before they were born having to big it up to justify getting out of bed in the morning. What a bunch of twats.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 22:59:45 »

Going back a few pages to the suggestion that we bear some responsibility, I heard the Acting Chief Constable of Wilts Police on R Wilts this morning saying he was entirely satisfied with arrangements with STFC and is not looking to change them at all.  That suggests a responsible club, unlike Gillingham.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 23:44:55 »

Sorry what would the allocation be roughly? Getting a bit tetchy...

Now, ain't that just like me?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 23:58:48 »

Sorry what would the allocation be roughly? Getting a bit tetchy...
at this rate, 0.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:04:03 »

at this rate, 0.

The Away end can hold up to 3000 at gillingham but the police will reduce this down to about 2500, according to my mate  Cheesy

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:41:55 »

Home end can hold up to 30 caravans and can seat anything between 300-400 peg sellers at a time.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:51:44 »

The Away end can hold up to 3000 at gillingham but the police will reduce this down to about 2500, according to my mate  Cheesy

I think we would be lucky to get 2500. 1500 I would say

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: