Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23787 times)
woolster

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:20:30 »

the next 2 games will be very interesting  Popcorn
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:27:18 »

the next 2 games will be very interesting  Popcorn

Absolutely dreading them.
kaufman

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:28:38 »

Even though it was a loss, it was still a hell of a lot better than the Shrewsbury game.
We do lack cutting edge but for the first time since about 1995 I actually thought something might happen from a corner.

Players dwindled second half.

I'd drop Thompson and have Dabo right back.
Another striker and defender needed.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:29:40 »

Williams:
- Started well
- Looked most likely to score
- Players still in changing room for goal
- Difficult chasing the game
- They caused us more problems hanging on than at 0-0
- Dont know what to expect. Go 1 down at Bolton and then we look like we will score every attack
- Bolton players were better than Peterboro. But we cant score
- Players disappointed and worried why they cant reproduce as are the staff
- Frustrating especially after good first 1/2 performance
- Chances for opposition on the break. We expected to control situation more in the 2nd half
- Expected us to take game by scruff of neck. Really disappointing
- Played against teams that press or lie deep but we seem to lose to both
- Need to work out how to combat both and win more than lose
- Frustrating to still have mental frailties. Thought players would step up in the box
- Jordan Stewart worked hard to come back
- Fonz worked hard. Gave us everything. Right decision for him to go somewhere where he can get games
- Recruitment: Doesnt know for sure. Trust work is going on to get right players into club.
- We'll see whats availabe and whats possible. If the right player is available on the right terms he'll be here
- Looking forward to derby games.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:37:18 »

Another 2 strikers 4 midfielders and 4 defenders keep Vigs and we might stand a chance.As for the strikers as Deliah says "where are you"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:44:57 »

Fully deserved victory for the Posh. Could we have their no 4. Looks like he's enjoyed a few X Mases but was bloody impressive.
We could have been there all night and not scored. A lot of fucking around for no purpose whatsoever. I thought they were a lot cleverer than us. Fuck knows how Colkett got MOM, I thought he was pretty crap and dissapeared in the second half along with Gladwin. Norris was crap and so was Feruz. Goddard is frustrating. Thought Branco and Jones did decent as did Dabo. Vigs had little to do but did it well. Thompson is still clearly unfit. Yet again, fuck all leadership on the pitch. I donlt know what coaching we do but we always look like 11 strangers meeting for the first time.
We are still right in a relegation scrap and although Williams is looking forward to the next 2 games, I'm not. I'm dreading them. The thought of those yellow cunts shoving it up us at the CG makes me want to vomit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:47:58 »

All the hallmarks of a side bound for Div 4. Posh were bang average and didn't need to break sweat.  The games v Chesterfield and Oldham at the CG, and Bury and Coventry away, will probably all need to be won to stand any chance of staying up....
woolster

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 17:48:36 »

The thought of those yellow cunts shoving it up us at the CG makes me want to vomit.
Yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:01:11 »

First half I thought we looked alright, although Vigs had a smart save very early on. I think we moved the ball around well, and more importantly with pace. We didn't worry their keeper too much, but Gladwin had a goal bound effort that was luckily blocked.

After half time I assume someone had drugged the tea. The pace and movement of the first half was replaced with lethargy.  They scored and after that we tried to get back into the game but in truth offered very little goal threat - for once I'm not moaning at Norris, he was excellent in his approach play particularly in the first half. But that's not going to get the ball into the net. That said we didn't give him much to play with and he didn't have much help up there.

On the newbies -
   LB did OK. Didn't look brilliant, didn't look shit.
   Midfielder looks reasonable. Not MOTM good, but more to come.
   CF didn't really do that much. We have Hylton to run around.
   Gladwin is Gladwin                   
Early days for them yet

Thought the defense were OK today TBH, NT gave the ball away a few times like a man who hasn't played for a few weeks. Otherwise OK.

Hey ho. Hope we have more deals lined up.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:01:33 »

What a shower!  Have walked out of the CG in the past complaining that players did not try hard enough, couldn't say that today, they tried but it is obvious to everybody except the management that they are not good enough.  They id not play as a team, don't remember a single shot on target and for a home team that is a dreadful statistic.  Super coach does not have a clue how to gel players into a team, maybe he is good at cultivating individual players but as a coach of a team he is useless.  We are heading for the trap door.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:05:55 »

I'm beginning to think that Williams still being here and having input - I presume - is still having an adverse effect on the players. When Tactics came in, he and Embleton should have gone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:09:14 »

What a shower!  Have walked out of the CG in the past complaining that players did not try hard enough, couldn't say that today, they tried but it is obvious to everybody except the management that they are not good enough.  They id not play as a team, don't remember a single shot on target and for a home team that is a dreadful statistic.  Super coach does not have a clue how to gel players into a team, maybe he is good at cultivating individual players but as a coach of a team he is useless.  We are heading for the trap door.

This is the worry Ronnie, and what takes you to Div 4.... a few decent individual cameos, but completely ineffective as a unit. It is way too easy for sides to defeat us without really doing much other than being slightly competent....
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:23:26 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:14:24 »

I'm beginning to think that Williams still being here and having input - I presume - is still having an adverse effect on the players. When Tactics came in, he and Embleton should have gone.

But the appointment was just a case of the emperor's new clothes. Sherwood has always sat in the Director's Box and watched games when he had nothing else to do on Saturday and it's been said in the media before how he's been involved in our recruitment since the start of Power's involvement.

Power just dressed it all up and put on a press conference to give the impression of 'doing something'.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:18:09 »

Power just dressed it all up and put on a press conference to give the impression of 'doing something'.

Yep.

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:23:48 »

The thought of those yellow cunts shoving it up us at the CG makes me want to vomit.

Gulp, that's the next home I can get to CG...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: