Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Brighton v Swindon Matchday Thread - KO 1pm  (Read 22926 times)
Gus is God

« Reply #270 on: Monday, March 28, 2011, 22:28:58 »

However having seen us play Brighton twice this season I struggle to see how they are 46 points better than us.

Oh make no mistake about it, we've been phenomenal this season, the best I have ever seen us. You've just caught us on a couple of mediocre days. For large parts of the season at Withdean it's been like watching Barcelona take on Morecambe, such is the gulf in class. And even recently when we haven't been playing the flowing football that we were up until February, we've still ground out SEVEN wins in a row and have taken 21 points from 21 in March. So yes, we're unbelievably good and we'll be near the top of the Championship next season.

So, going back to my original point, the fact you were actually one of the first teams all year to deal with us so well makes it all the more incredible you're in such an awful position. This is a poor league, it shouldn't take much to stay in it, and from what I've seen Swindon have got more than enough. Total mystery.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 06:19:43 »

This is a poor league, it shouldn't take much to stay in it, and from what I've seen Swindon have got more than enough. Total mystery.

To be fair you've only seen us twice too. We have areas where we have quality. BUT not the key areas. Defensively we have been woeful up to selling Austin. But we were scoring them too. Since selling Austin we have tightened up at home and with Hart away from home. But now we don't score enough goals due to formation deployed and due to having gash strikers (Andrew and Benyon excluded).

Conceding too many goals = struggle
Not scoring many goals = struggle.

In short we never found the balance between attack and defence. And now we will pay for it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 08:18:04 »

Oh make no mistake about it, we've been phenomenal this season, the best I have ever seen us. You've just caught us on a couple of mediocre days. For large parts of the season at Withdean it's been like watching Barcelona take on Morecambe, such is the gulf in class.
Make no mistake about it, we've been fucking bilge this season, some of the worst I have seen us. You've just caught us on a couple of half-decent, let's pretend we're actually professional footballers days. For large parts of the season, it's been like watching Morecambe Girls Second XI against reasonably well organised League One sides, such is the gulf in class.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 08:19:25 »

So yes, we're unbelievably good and we'll be near the top of the Championship next season.

Sorry but
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 08:21:47 »

Make no mistake about it, we've been fucking bilge this season, some of the worst I have seen us. You've just caught us on a couple of half-decent, let's pretend we're actually professional footballers days. For large parts of the season, it's been like watching Morecambe Girls Second XI against reasonably well organised League One sides, such is the gulf in class.

Is there any truth in the rumour we are loaning Pericard to Morecambe Girls Second XI? They are a decent standard I believe.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 08:48:40 »

Is there any truth in the rumour we are loaning Pericard to Morecambe Girls Second XI? They are a decent standard I believe.

I think that answers your own question.

Oh and point of order, his full name is "ex-Juventus striker Vincent Pericard". Please stop with your abbreviations.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 08:56:19 »

Or more accurately:

Oh and point of order, his full name is "ex-striker Vincent Pericard". Please stop with your abbreviations.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 11:19:54 »

Sorry. Has this fucker just compare his team to Barcafuckinglona?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 11:41:09 »

Sorry. Has this fucker just compare his team to Barcafuckinglona?

Not really -

'For large parts of the season at Withdean it's been like watching Barcelona take on Morecambe, such is the gulf in class.'

Its merely an analogy stating how much better they have been than some teams in the league this season. Nowhere does it suggest that he thinks Brighton are as good as Barcelona.

So, you are probably quite right to apologise.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 11:49:41 »

Yeah probably.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ramleaze Robin

« Reply #280 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 08:05:38 »

I have  been to all the away games at brighton recently and let mesay they were bloody awesome.

We were in the POs (play-offs) last season and I respectfully state that they would have wiped the floor with that team as well.

Aside from getting beat by a better side, the trip to the seaside has always been marred by our 'so-called' hardmen being mouthy at the game but then being embarrassed by the locals who are a really nasty lot!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 4, 2011, 08:12:05 by Ramleaze Robin » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #281 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 08:07:53 »

i have been to al the away games at brighton and let mesay they were bloody awesome.

We were in the POs last season and I respectfully state that they would have wiped the floor with that team as well.

asisde from getting bat by a better side the trip to the seaside has always been marred by our 'so-called' hardmen being mouthy at the game but then being embarrased by the locals who are a really nasty lot!
It's far to early to understand what the fuck you are on about.
Ramleaze Robin

« Reply #282 on: Monday, April 4, 2011, 08:12:30 »

Is that better...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: