Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A roof for the Bank at last.  (Read 56459 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:17:52 »

My initial thoughts are along with the turd polishing however as someone else pointed out as its only used a few times a season it makes sense rather than building a fancy Dan stand to sit there empty. Should we win promotion to The Championship then yes it will be used more often and hopefully will have the adequate facilities to host the 2000 away fans. I'm assuming the away section of The Arkells Stand will be returned to the home fans with should help with segregation issues and costs. Seemed to recall Lee Power muting something about an Australian construction company and investment just over a month ago in which he said more would be revealed " in the next 10 days or so". Not heard anything since and that time has since passed. Would be great to see a new look Stratton Bank and a brand new purpose built large Town End Stand in the next 2 or 3 years.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:18:04 »

But its not costing the club is it

Where did I say it was. Its hopefully completely obvious that if the club can't make 500K in savings/increased revenue from having the roof that the Trust may as well raise 500K and just give it to the club.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:18:07 »

The trust want to use it for kids when not required for away fans but you can't have kids sitting in the pissing rain .the whole point of building a roof is to get it back in use every game.

This.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:18:17 »

The trust want to use it for kids when not required for away fans but you can't have kids sitting in the pissing rain .the whole point of building a roof is to get it back in use every game.

I saw today on twitter the trust are doing an initiative for the Crawley game, in the DRS
Probably the bank end

« Last Edit: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:23:50 by @mwooly63 » Logged
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:18:23 »

And, if we don't become a Champ side, what Matt71 said..
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:21:18 »

Where did I say it was. Its hopefully completely obvious that if the club can't make 500K in savings/increased revenue from having the roof that the Trust may as well raise 500K and just give it to the club.

Not as feasible though really is it? A large chunk of the money could be achieved through sponsorship. No fucker cares to sponsor it at the moment, but marketed as a new stand, being used more often, companies will be more prepared to part with their hard earned to stick their name on it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:21:18 »

That's at last a good reason! Gonna need some stella deals like the completely free adult/kids tickets to justify it. We have a fair few seats free for the lesser initiatives, good as they are. Makes logistics of getting seats together easier though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:22:57 »

Not as feasible though really is it? A large chunk of the money could be achieved through sponsorship. No fucker cares to sponsor it at the moment, but marketed as a new stand, being used more often, companies will be more prepared to part with their hard earned to stick their name on it.

We'll see, hopefully Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:25:42 »

Inclined to agree with the sniffy pessimistic critics. It's turd polishing at worst, a costly PR exercise at best.

Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:26:12 »

The Adver can sponsor it, naming it the.....
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:27:03 »

I saw today on twitter the trust are doing an initiative for the Crawley game, in the DRS
Probably the bank end

This is the real test. Everyone wants something for nothing and that's what the Fleetwood game gave them, now they have to stump up the measly fee of £19 for an adult and 3 kids. Lets see how many take this one up! If we can get 500, I'd be impressed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:29:06 »

Not knocking the Trusts fine work, or their promotion, but most primary school kids can go for free anyway, year 6 aside (unless you get lucky with a late birthday). The money off adult tickets is good. Looks like we don't need the new roof to house them though Wink
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:35:38 »

Yes coz large companies are queuing up to just give Swindon town 500k to spunk up the wall!! However mention an enclosure for kids and you get their attention.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:37:06 »

This is the real test. Everyone wants something for nothing and that's what the Fleetwood game gave them, now they have to stump up the measly fee of £19 for an adult and 3 kids. Lets see how many take this one up! If we can get 500, I'd be impressed.

Just over 500 sold I believe
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:37:11 »

I thought plans for a roof on the bank were already in with the council?

The pinocchio lookalike cunt mccrory said so himself Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: