Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'have we signed anyone?' thread sponsored by STFC_Bart  (Read 2607 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 09:59:29 »

Another question is why turn down decent bids for a player who clearly doesn't want to play for them!!!!!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 11:00:15 »

Wycombe are being pathetic here. How much do they expect clubs to offer for somebody who has never really proven themselves outside of League 2 and who is out of contract at the end of the year?!

And its not even like they can afford to turn down £300,000...they're hardly rolling in the stuff. I'm glad we're not going to be wasting our money quite frankly
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 11:05:38 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Wycombe are being pathetic here. How much do they expect clubs to offer for somebody who has never really proven themselves outside of League 2 and who is out of contract at the end of the year?!

And its not even like they can afford to turn down £300,000...they're hardly rolling in the stuff. I'm glad we're not going to be wasting our money quite frankly

As far as I know Wycombe are not in a financial state so do not need to sell for money.  Quite a tigthly run ship, being a Community run club still (sort of co-op basis).

Why sell for the first bid when it seems more than one club is interested, bidding is increasing, and they may just feel they could cope with him having another season scoring around 20 even if it means him going on a free?

Just because we sell to the first bidder, doesn't mean other clubs should.  If we had a player who scored 20 goals in the previous season and had clubs sniffing around, I'd want our club to a) try and hold on to him, b) sell for top dollar if that isn't possible.

If we believe the press they've had at least 3 bids for him and no sign of the interest going away.  They also are making absolutely no noises about needing to sell.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 11:17:51 »

I take back a bit of that, seems they have changed their status to a PLc, although the supporters trust holds 100,000 shares in them and the club want fans to own 25%.

Some debt, which they can't sustain long term but not reviewing that situation until end of this season depending on whether they go up or if ground plans move further forward (Wasps want a new ground with up to 20,000 capacity).  Planning on a joint ownership scheme for the ground with Wasps and their local Council.

Still doesn't seem they NEED to sell at such a small amount of money in relative terms.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 11:20:41 »

Well if they won't sell him,they won't sell him,not a lot can be done about it.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 14:58:29 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
If Sturrock hasn't been waking up agents/fellow managers all night with phone calls then im going to be extremely pissed off!
Sturrock is not doing any negotiations!!  He has already stated that the board are negotiating for two targets (one presumes that means Starnes is doing it!), he is dealing with loan signings about which there is not so much pressure as that transfer window will reopen in a week's time.

Ive been looking for that whoosh smilie but i can't find it anywhere!
Barry Scott

« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 17:04:58 »

I've saved it in my photobucket account. So there.
Spud

« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 17:25:42 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"

I've saved it in my photobucket account. So there.

Damn you and your quick thinking!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: