Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45636 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:23:00 »

Marlon Pack - best midfielder in the division.
Thought he played well for them today, outshone our midfield!  When will we learn not to hoof the ball at every opportunity, when we put it aboput on the ground we got through them quite easily.  Hoof the ball and we do not have the will to contest that second ball.  Oh and was the Pericard's twin brother who came on in the second half?
woolster

« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:25:32 »

Thought he played well for them today, outshone our midfield!  When will we learn not to hoof the ball at every opportunity, when we put it aboput on the ground we got through them quite easily.  Hoof the ball and we do not have the will to contest that second ball.  Oh and was the Pericard's twin brother who came on in the second half?
i said this to my mate Girl Giggle, didnt want to bring it up on here tho Cheesy
stfcinbmth

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:26:40 »

Tehoue looked a bit rubbish/unfit, and i'm a bit concerned as to why Connell didn't make the bench (unless he's injured?).

I'm a bit concerned poor old Connell too, he deserves a fair crack, overall offers far more than Murray

Grinding out the results when not playing well is Champions material
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:27:34 »

Good result. We kind of bypassed the midfield second half. Ferry went missing.

And I wish Devera would stop throwing his arms around opposition players. On another day the ref could've given a free kick every time.

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:28:04 »

The team wouldn't have wanted to play hoof ball. Cheltenham are a good side and forced the play. We won a tight game and that is all that matters. The flowing football will return but grinding out wins will do for me against the side who were second pre kick off.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:34:54 »

Cheltenham deserved a point, no doubt. Second half our midfield struggled, particularly after Smith went off.

Totally agree, we were an absolute shambles in midfield after Smith was taken off.  I really don't understand why Di Canio took him off tbh, he was having a good game and breaking the play up well.  Ferry and Cox just seemed to get in each other's way.

Cibo at times was decidely dodgy and Ritchie undoubtedly struggled without the link up play he has with Caddis.  

Cheltenham had the better chances, but a combination of poor finishing and Wes in superb form was enough to grab all 3 points.  Another inconsistent referee and no way was that a penalty?

I didn't see the game against D & R, so excluding that one, we haven't played particularly well since the Crawley game.  However only 1 defeat in that period including wins against all around us, is all that matters.  That is why we are Top of The League!
Essexred

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:37:27 »

Well done boys. Good to pick up another three points against a promotion rival. Eight points clear and that's two of the five wins that Paolo wanted for promotion. If we don't win the title though something has gone horribly wrong. Bring on the next match and the next three points.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:38:27 »

Cheltenham had the better chances, but a combination of poor finishing and Wes in superb form was enough to grab all 3 points.  Another inconsistent referee and no way was that a penalty?

I'd disagree with that, they nearly but not quite made chances. It was last ditch cleaning up from the back 5. Compare that with Bodin's 1 on 1 and the tip over from Rooney. Can't remember Fods having to make that kind of save.
----
Also not sure what Connell has done not to even be in the squad. Much as I like Bodin I'd still have him and Murray behind Connell.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:39:34 »

Anyone notice that Devera had to be helped from the pitch at the end of the game - he was walking around like a totally drunk guy!  Apparently has had to have stitches in a head wound, thank god we don't have a game this Tuesday.
DRS

« Reply #324 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:44:42 »

Devera has been superb recently.Thought Chelts left back was best i seen here all season,positionally brilliant forcing ritchie to defend more allowing them to overun midfield.A bit like what Caddis offers us
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:45:04 »

First gamesince  Wigan and can't add much to what has already been said. We were lucky, they missed at least two gilt edged chances and played very well 2nd half.

Pack was class - I was well impressed with him and Paolo should add him to his shopping list. Liked their left back who had Ritchie in his pocket and their winger who tussled and more often than not got the better of Rooney.

Taking into account we had a band aid over our defence I thought they did ok - yes a little shakey but they were up against a good team - it should that they hadn't played much toegther before. Personally I'd have kept Alan Mc at CH and play Cibo or Thompson right back with Kennedy left.

Here is a thought  - in games like this why don't Ritchie and Rooney swap during the game - it would mean that they wouldn't have to check back the whole time and give us a different angle of attack.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:46:58 »

Anyone notice that Devera had to be helped from the pitch at the end of the game - he was walking around like a totally drunk guy!  Apparently has had to have stitches in a head wound, thank god we don't have a game this Tuesday.

They interviewed Devera after the game.

He said he went down and then 'woke up' in the changing room with 6 stitches in his head. Doesnt remember anything inbetween!
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:55:20 »

Cheltenham were not a bad side, and put us under a fair bit of pressure without creating many clear-cut chances.  If it wasn't for them diving at every opportunity I would say that they deserved a point, but those antics and the number 20 trying to get Cibo sent off when he was the last man but running towards the DRS is enough for me to laugh at the cheating cunts.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:56:16 »

Mark Yates interview, my favourite quote "Were the best team in the league by a country mile"  Cheesy Smug Fuck Off

Slow, nitty performance more Hoof ball than football but, got the 3 points and thats all that matters.

8 points clear brilliant!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:57:25 »

He's not the first manager to claim his team the best in the league right after they have beat lost to us?!! is he!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: