Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28477 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:37:52 »

The worst thing of all about this is that I find myself hoping that franchise win their remaining games this season. I feel dirty.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:41:47 »

That was total fucking shit. The first 40 minutes we totally dominated and did fuck all. The last 5 Yeovil came into it and our defence showed yet again it was total fucking dross and all over the place. The second half was worse. Plenty of possession and so fucking slow to do anything. The goal conceded was yet again another pile of self inflicted shite. I would have given MOM to Obika again who at least looked as though he wanted it. Too many pedestrian performances out there. I don't know how many games we've lost where we've beaten ourselves. When was the last time we put in a decent home performance.
Great to see Jan Aage although his finishing has got worse.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:43:43 »

First 20 minutes we were bright and looked threatening, Yeovil had a plan, defend, and I wouldn't be surprised if our possession stats for the first half were in the 65%-70% range. But so what. Becase after 20 minutes or so we looked less and less likely to score. Sure Gladwin hit a peach off the post but we were hardly forcing a save out their keeper. Familiar?

Half time came, Alex missed all 5, and then things got worse.

From the first minute after the break things went badly wrong. We looked dissjointed, clueless and lathargic. Here was our big chance to keep the pressure on Preston, and it looked from the outside like we couldn't be arsed. Yeovil pushed us back, scored, packed defence again. Fair play, it worked. Because for 45 minutes our game was plod, plod, plod, plod. We were more one paced than the speed of light. But at least that moves quickly. Not us. Plod, plod, plod. Not one of our team wanted it enough. I'm sure they wanted to win in their minds, but not in their actions. The subs made no difference, plod, plod plod. The strikers had sod all chance, our midfield continued, plod plod, plod.

FFS: It was do or die. Plod, plod, plod That said we did created 2 chances, one off the bar, one off the line that may just have snuck in from Mas. Oh and a free kick where we finally made the keeper save it.

No complaints on Cooper's  team selection. I'll never be Smith's biggest fan but he didn't really have any chance today.  They need a massive kick up the arse today after that gutless wonder display, or we may as well stay in bed for the playoffs.

When the going got tough, we went missing.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:43:52 »

The worst thing of all about this is that I find myself hoping that franchise win their remaining games this season. I feel dirty.

It's a truly horrible place to be. Can't stand what they stand for but we come first. Rather play Preston than them that's for sure. (Cue a tanking on Saturday)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:44:26 »

I know exactly what you mean. I only hope them missing on autos deflates them (if they do).
normy

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:56:27 »

I didn't think the performance was that bad. We passed brilliantly and dominated  first half up to the last third, but as often this season we failed to create clear chances close to goal. If Gladwin's shot had gone in, we would have pissed it, but Yeovil were very good at blocking shots and it must have been disheartening.

Second half the lack of penetration was a lot worse but even so we hit the crossbar and another was cleared off the line.  The effort was there IMO, but for me Rodgers never seems to pass forward or bring it forwards and is a very boring player.  Probably under orders I suppose, but we really miss Louis which has become obvious for some time.  Yeovil, one shot one goal. Just one of those unfair football days.

ust be the oldest
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:57:59 »

That was total fucking shit. The first 40 minutes we totally dominated and did fuck all. The last 5 Yeovil came into it and our defence showed yet again it was total fucking dross and all over the place. The second half was worse. Plenty of possession and so fucking slow to do anything. The goal conceded was yet again another pile of self inflicted shite. I would have given MOM to Obika again who at least looked as though he wanted it. Too many pedestrian performances out there. I don't know how many games we've lost where we've beaten ourselves. When was the last time we put in a decent home performance.
Great to see Jan Aage although his finishing has got worse. 
Got to disagree, he had one chance and scored - even if it was against that fucking Rocking Robin!!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:58:37 »

Performance not bad until the final third. No cutting edge, same as many games this season. As always, looked good for conceding at least 1. Fair play Yeovil, defended very well, especially as they now have nothing to play for.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 16:59:52 »

I'm glad somebody else noticed this, amongst the wrist slitting....I'm now liking the scenario whereby Franchise take the second auto, Chesterfield dump the shell shocked Preston, and we see off Blades whose massive amount of games catches up with them, while we get the benefit of our mid season breaks.

I agree.  While I feel dirty at the thought we could help get Franchise promoted, the allure of being the side to break Preston's hearts and confine them to the Play Offs is also attractive...not least because we would then get a second crack at giving their demoralised arses a kick just weeks later.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 17:03:13 »

Got to disagree, he had one chance and scored - even if it was against that fucking Rocking Robin!!

You must have missed the one he shanked after a bit of juggling. Seeing Jan a age and the two old bastards squaring up in the drs were the only highlights for me today
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 17:04:49 »

I agree.  While I feel dirty at the thought we could help get Franchise promoted, the allure of being the side to break Preston's hearts and confine them to the Play Offs is also attractive...not least because we would then get a second crack at giving their demoralised arses a kick just weeks later.

Chesterfield could yet pip the Blades for 5th spot, but they've got the 82ers, and a trip to Bramall Lane, so not the most likely outcome...
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 17:21:23 »

We seem to be lacking a game changer at the moment. Someone when the chips are down can make a goal out of nothing and drag up the performance levels of those around him. Look at past promotion teams where a Calderwood, Alan Mac, Bodin, Horlock even Rory Fallon would come up with a moment. That could have been the nervous 2-1 comeback win but it just petered out.

Our style makes it very easy to adopt an after you approach and pass to the next red shirt especially when shooting opportunities open up around the box. We need to be prepared to mix it up and that can mean an early cross. If Yeovil had been 1-0 up at Preston or Franchise with 10 to go then they would be winding up the pressure and putting it in the mixer.

We need to rest up some of the players now and get them mentally fresh. Luongo is probably the key but we need to get our strikers firing again. In the playoffs we need to score first to have any chance as we are a different side when leading
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 17:28:54 »

Chesterfield could yet pip the Blades for 5th spot, but they've got the 82ers, and a trip to Bramall Lane, so not the most likely outcome...

Was thinking more in terms of possibly meeting up again at Wembley.  And that, if I'm honest, is yet another reason I don't want to see Franchise in the Play Offs.  The thought of them turning us over there is too much to even contemplate.  It would make me ill.  And they, of course, would have the psychological upper hand after the 3-0 debacle two weeks ago.
REDBUCK

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 17:49:24 »

We seem to be lacking a game changer at the moment. Someone when the chips are down can make a goal out of nothing and drag up the performance levels of those around him. Look at past promotion teams where a Calderwood, Alan Mac, Bodin, Horlock even Rory Fallon would come up with a moment. That could have been the nervous 2-1 comeback win but it just petered out.

Our style makes it very easy to adopt an after you approach and pass to the next red shirt especially when shooting opportunities open up around the box. We need to be prepared to mix it up and that can mean an early cross. If Yeovil had been 1-0 up at Preston or Franchise with 10 to go then they would be winding up the pressure and putting it in the mixer.

We need to rest up some of the players now and get them mentally fresh. Luongo is probably the key but we need to get our strikers firing again. In the playoffs we need to score first to have any chance as we are a different side when leading

This, This and more of this
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 18:53:54 »

You must have missed the one he shanked after a bit of juggling. Seeing Jan a age and the two old bastards squaring up in the drs were the only highlights for me today
Ha ha, yes I did see that but it wasn't a chance!!!  pmsl   didn't realise two oaps started fighting!! soapy tit wank
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: