Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Fleetwood Matchday Thread sponsored by Apathy  (Read 20186 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 18:02:56 »

A pretty dire game between two crap sides. The first half was terrible. Rogers proved all those who think he is lazy and useless correct. Two wanky corners, lazy passes and no effort whatsoever. Saying that Doughty and Kasim were shit and Murray ( apart from between 55 and 65 mins ) were shite as well. Although Fleetwood were crap they were still able to score easily from inside the 6 yard box while our defenders first of all watched their bloke cross the ball and then watched as Ball stuck it in unchallenged. The movement was total shit. Good header from Norris for the goal but that was the only chance we had.
The second half was much better. Hylton did excellent for the penalty. Again he had fuck all support so kept the ball and drew the foul in. The midfield again were total shite.
The two positives today were Norris getting off the mark with a decent goal and Hylton who worked his balls off all game. Oh and Smith coming on and in his first challenge elbowed their bloke in the back of the neck.
The negatives - the midfield. Murray and Thomas should be ashamed they cannot get a regular start. I'd love to see Smith given a run. The total lack of cohesion all around the pitch, our movement from free kicks, throw ins etc.
Not a great game but another point. i though the game could have gone either way but not a great spectacle
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 18:08:49 »

Didnt think that our offside goal was offside. 

Hated the time wasting from their keeper from the moment they drew level - does he really need a drink every time he's supposed to be taking a goal kick?

All in all a bit dull.

Never knowingly overstated.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 18:19:45 »

A pretty dire game between two crap sides. The first half was terrible. Rogers proved all those who think he is lazy and useless correct. Two wanky corners, lazy passes and no effort whatsoever.

You forgot the pass he made that set Hylton away in the build up to our goal.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 18:28:29 »

Definitely a wasted opportunity....if we are to stay in Div 3 then that's the sort of game we need to win. Worrying that Chesterfield and Shrewsbury are showing signs of life.

The final lap of our pre Jan 5 away 2 at home, sequence coming up.  We should at least be in touch with the other strugglers come the new year...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 18:44:12 »

You forgot the pass he made that set Hylton away in the build up to our goal.
True but he was shit and Hilton had a fair bit to do and did it well
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 19:07:15 »

So frustrated, this team has got so much fucking ability, but will not show it till we have 1 or 2 experienced heads. Conceding a goal is not a problem if you respond well. At the moment we don't respond well.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 19:41:03 »

did anyone see vigs at the end? was throwing his gloves to the ground after the final whistle, not sure why but looked well pissed off with something

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 19:44:47 »

No classic but there were positives. Hylton was always lively and a real threat. Norris finally looked like a centre forward with a good headed goal from a great cross from Furlong and generally controlled the ball well and put himself about effectively. Nathan Thompson didn't pull up within 5 minutes of his comeback and generally looked pretty solid at the back and moved forward well with the ball out of defence. Vigoroux barely had a shot to save, which certainly hasn't been the case recently . Sad to see Boo stretchered off as, particularly in the second half, he got some good tackles in and got forward pretty effectively - with a shot just over and a great forward break and cross that Norris finished off that can only very narrowly have been  offside. Kasim and Doughty not at their best but both gave decent enough displays (penalty miss aside] after coming back from illness/injury. Murray had his best 45 minutes in a while, was fairly close to a spectacular long range goal after a decent interplay with Yaser. Given its not hard but he was massively better than Rodgers. Smith as previously stated really got stuck in in his brief spell on as emergency left back - even against an opponent getting on for a foot taller than him. So probably 2 points dropped but have spent far more frustrating and depressing afternoons at The County Ground

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 22:44:38 »

Haven't read back and am knackered so posting this for no reason, but still..

Hylton looked bloody possessed today, always thought he had potential but I never thought I'd be calling him MOTM so soon! Great performance, and Norris was almost the same, his best game I've seen. Excellent goal. Doughty went the other way, but presumably isn't fully fit. I stick up for Rodgers a fair bit but he had an appalling game.

Also good news for me is my mate who went with me is still my mate. But then he has sat with me through a lumbar puncture.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 23:08:59 »

Haven't read back and am knackered so posting this for no reason, but still..

Hylton looked bloody possessed today, always thought he had potential but I never thought I'd be calling him MOTM so soon! Great performance, and Norris was almost the same, his best game I've seen. Excellent goal. Doughty went the other way, but presumably isn't fully fit. I stick up for Rodgers a fair bit but he had an appalling game.

Also good news for me is my mate who went with me is still my mate. But then he has sat with me through a lumbar puncture.
I sat with my daughter while she had a lumbar puncture. Not nice.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 23:20:08 »

I'm sorry you had to see a loved one go through that. I'm pretty good with pain normally and I've had all sorts of procedures lately but that was other worldly.

Not as bad as that game against Eastleigh though, bloody hell.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 01:33:44 »

did anyone see vigs at the end? was throwing his gloves to the ground after the final whistle, not sure why but looked well pissed off with something
He was raging about something. Sat with his tipw over his head for what seemed like ages.

Sent from my GT-I9305

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 08:53:15 »

Two great goals I thought.

Boo skyed a great chance from kick off in the second, Doughty missed the pen and also saw a superb volley arrow just wide.

They hit the bar.

Highlights over. Some did well, some OK and Rodgers dire.

Fleetwood were organised at the back and we never looked like breaking them down. Meh.

With Reg in the respect that we really needed to win a game like that.

The Boo injury looked bad, in the TE we thought it was a fan collapsed or something.

I am planning to go to Milwall, if the parking isn't too much of a ball ache any tips?!

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 08:53:51 »

Don't know if this is the reason but with about three minutes to go we had a corner and he came almost to the centre circle as if he was going to join in, looked at the bench and was sent back to his penalty area.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 09:25:06 »

any mentions of the lesser spotted Sherwood in the build up/post match?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: