Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 1196 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9086384 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17880 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 14:51:54 »

Cardiff possibly looking at Byrne. I can't see them having enough money for him though.
They paid Chesterfield £750k for Eoin Doyle on deadline day, that would suggets they aren't broke, despite them paying Kenwyne Jones £30k a week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17881 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 14:55:22 »

I wouldn't mind Ajose back here, but the wages would be a problem I guess
He wasn't a bad player, a bit similar in style to Hylton being smallish and quick and enjoys running with the ball, but then Obika is a similar style player to Smith in that both play with their backs to goal.

Surely Lids will offload Ajose for a free to free up some wage budget, I doubt he will ask too much if he is without a club.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #17882 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:03:30 »

He wasn't a bad player, a bit similar in style to Hylton being smallish and quick and enjoys running with the ball, but then Obika is a similar style player to Smith in that both play with their backs to goal.

Surely Lids will offload Ajose for a free to free up some wage budget, I doubt he will ask too much if he is without a club.
But I doubt he will be without a club and all of the people he played with here before will be gone!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #17883 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:23:43 »

Bids in for a few town players but none tempting Power

http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/05/bids-in-for-three-or-four-town-stars/

A number of the Town squad are expected to be in demand throughout the summer, with Nathan Byrne on the radar of Huddersfield Town and, according to reports this afternoon, Cardiff City; Yaser Kasim is understood to be interesting a handful of Championship clubs and Total Sport understands two teams are currently bidding against each other for the signature of Smith
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17884 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:27:56 »

I hear Coventry are now after Andy Williams.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #17885 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:29:42 »

Bids in for a few town players but none tempting Power

http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/05/bids-in-for-three-or-four-town-stars/

So happy to see that the wage budget will stay the same as last year. We were all expecting it to go down even more.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17886 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:34:53 »

agreed jay, especially with session ticket sales down.

just wondering though whether we have a bit of wiggle room on wages or even transfer fees if we still more. you'd hope so
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17887 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:37:41 »

So happy to see that the wage budget will stay the same as last year. We were all expecting it to go down even more.

Why was anyone expecting that? I was expecting the opposite, and am a bit disappointed that transfer earnings don't seem to be being reinvested in the squad. We learnt that the Gladwin-Luongo deal paid off our debts, so where is future transfer income going?

I suppose that at least the same budget will go a bit further with Wes, Willo and Ward off the books.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17888 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:40:54 »

Why was anyone expecting that? I was expecting the opposite, and am a bit disappointed that transfer earnings don't seem to be being reinvested in the squad. We learnt that the Gladwin-Luongo deal paid off our debts, so where is future transfer income going?

I suppose that at least the same budget will go a bit further with Wes, Willo and Ward off the books.
This.

FFP budgets are worked out based upon last seasons earnings through the turnstyles and any transfer fees taken for that season along with expected income from ticket sales.

I still hope some of these fees will be reinvested in higher wages and or bringing in a few players for fees.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:43:23 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Flashheart

« Reply #17889 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:41:07 »

There's nothing to suggest that some of it will not be re-invested into the squad, Power wasn't afraid to put his hand in his pocket last season. The quote says the PLAYING budget will be the same, it mentions nothing about transfer fees for players.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #17890 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:51:03 »

We've a new training ground to find/build, more important in the long-term than a few players.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #17891 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:56:39 »

Also, he's probably going on the basis of no more transfers. So it's more of an 'as it stands' basis. Who knows what's going to happen. It's the same as Football Clubs not budgeting with any of the cup game gates in it because they don't know.

If someone bids £1.5m for Byrne, £2m for Kasim and whatnot. We could have some extra money around...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #17892 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 15:59:25 »

It is a refreshing situation where by the Chairman has publicly stated that we'll sell players if the price is right and in a way has signalled to other clubs come and get them. PS Don't leave your wallets at home rather than refute and claims that we'd sell and then do so.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #17893 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:02:49 »

What is good is the amount of money we're getting for players. Think we've done well getting £4mil for Luongo and Gladwin (plus a sell on clause on each). Any money now is going to be "silly money." It's nice having a chairman who knows what he's doing for a change.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17894 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:05:42 »

We've a new training ground to find/build, more important in the long-term than a few players.

Whatever happened to the bequest that was supposed to be going towards this? Must have been in probate for over three years now? When's that money going to see the light of day?

(Though I do seem to remember Power saying that would probably cover only half of a training complex, so perhaps transfers will have to fund the other half…)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 1196 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: