Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chippenham  (Read 12455 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 14:16:53 »

Very true Fred Crying

It's All Good..............
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #121 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 14:26:44 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
Wow, two people took flammable seriously, you must be so proud Ben Cheesy

I was a bit shocked. I didn't really know what to do.

My favourite moment was gazza writing c*nt. This isn't the bloody adver forums you can type it out.

cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt.

Im at work so I cant write the whole word or it gets blocked  Cool
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 14:52:01 »

I attended the meeting and it has to be respected that Mike Bowden attended the meeting and listened in effect to what the opposition had to say.

My first impression's of him are that he was a bit arrogant, I have no doubt he has a proven track record in business but his constant reminders I have been doing this for 22 years and bought numerous companies to be honest doesn't impress me.  What he has done in the past means nothing what he is doing at our club is important and thats what we will judge him on.

Also have no doubt that Chippenham is an option they are seriously looking at, Mike said 'if it came to the club being extinct or moving to junction 17 then we will go there' or something to that extent, I then said to Mike 'what you have to understand is if you take our club to junction 17 it is extinct it is no longer Swindon Town' to which he responded I respect your view but disagree.

Don't know what to make of his appearance another move by a desperate board? an attempt to sway some trust members? an attempt to shoot down the arguments?

Personally my feedback is that Mike B did not portray himself in a good light.  At one point when the elderly gent (season ticket holder since 70's) said something negative about Mike D he said 'do you want me to quote you on that' this just made Mr Bowden in my opinion look petty.  Also respect that Maverick came and hope that he looks at things in a more balanced way now but can't help feeling that he has made his mind up on who he's backing and that's the current board.

All in all good turnout of Orange and a small positive that the lawyers of both parties have had brief contact hopefully the start of entering into negotiations.  Also interesting that there are more backers for the consortium who don't want to be named yet  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 17:33:47 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

My first impression's of him are that he was a bit arrogant, I have no doubt he has a proven track record in business but his constant reminders I have been doing this for 22 years and bought numerous companies to be honest doesn't impress me.  What he has done in the past means nothing what he is doing at our club is important and thats what we will judge him on.

Don't know what to make of his appearance another move by a desperate board? an attempt to sway some trust members? an attempt to shoot down the arguments?

You don't get  up the greasy pole without a hefty dose of arrogance, Mr B realises that there are a number of mug punters (us)  in the way of his remit to maximise profit for the shareholders of STFC by way of a property deal.

So, first rule of engagement....know your enemy...the toe dipping of talking to lads at the CGH/ Merlin, was to try and be seen as a man of the people a bit of PR spin....bit like buying beers all round.

Be very careful.....the future of our club is at stake.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #124 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 20:45:49 »

Someone give Gazza a pint and a pastie to relieve him of his pmt and I think Hertha needs someone to love him, dare I suggest the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? Our resident Mormon flammableBen could teach him the ways.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 21:07:27 »

when did he go in CGH?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 21:33:14 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
when did he go in CGH?

Blodwyn or Holt went to the CGH or vice versa The Merlin....not sure which, save to say realising they're losing the PR battle it was seen by Blodwyn as way of starting out to gain some credibility.......promptly lost by stating he was not prepared to rule out J17.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 22:29:51 »

Holt went into the CGH after the Rovers game (much after mind).  We have a photo somewhere of him just after someone slipped an orange hat on his head.  He also went on a walkabout around Winners before that and someone mentioned (I Think) one of the others popped up to the Merlin (but can't be sure on that one)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 22:30:55 »

It was Bowden Rob
red macca

« Reply #129 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 23:32:26 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
I attended the meeting and it has to be respected that Mike Bowden attended the meeting and listened in effect to what the opposition had to say.

Also have no doubt that Chippenham is an option they are seriously looking at, Mike said 'if it came to the club being extinct or moving to junction 17 then we will go there' or something to that extent, I then said to Mike 'what you have to understand is if you take our club to junction 17 it is extinct it is no longer Swindon Town' to which he responded I respect your view but disagree.

Personally my feedback is that Mike B did not portray himself in a good light.  At one point when the elderly gent (season ticket holder since 70's) said something negative about Mike D he said 'do you want me to quote you on that' this just made Mr Bowden in my opinion look petty.  Also respect that Maverick came and hope that he looks at things in a more balanced way now but can't help feeling that he has made his mind up on who he's backing and that's the current board.

All in all good turnout of Orange and a small positive that the lawyers of both parties have had brief contact hopefully the start of entering into negotiations.  Also interesting that there are more backers for the consortium who don't want to be named yet  Cheesy
Fair play to maverick for coming.I do have one question though maverick have you ever had the pleasure of meeting bowden before?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:54:42 »

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I went back to the interview Bowden gave when he joined (Swindon Adver, 14th December 2006).

“If we lose our community, we lose our club.

“We have to be seen to be part of the Swindon community and I hope I can play a small part in achieving that.”

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/news_headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=6142

I certainly did not get that impression from the guy. That's my personal view about it anyway. We'll have to see as time goes on how the community becomes involved, if at all it ever will.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: