Pages: 1 ... 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228232 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6675 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 16:51:54 »

If they are in Oxfordshire they are classed as Tier 4, if they are in Wiltshire they are tier 3, doesn't matter what council they fall under surely?

From boxing day:

Wiltshire is tier 2
  Swindon is tier 3

Hence its not clear what constitutes "swindon". They should be in tier 3 but...

Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire will move into tier four - meaning they will be under England's toughest restrictions - from 00:01 GMT on Boxing Day

The parts of Essex not currently in tier four, along with Waverley in Surrey, and Hampshire - including Portsmouth and Southampton but not the New Forest - will also be escalated to tier four

Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset (including North Somerset), Swindon, the Isle of Wight, the New Forest and Northamptonshire, as well as Cheshire and Warrington, will move to tier three

Cornwall and Herefordshire, which "have seen sharply rising rates", will enter tier two restrictions
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 16:55:21 by Batch » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6676 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 16:56:47 »

Good Q, I think they'd be under Wilts (tier 2) which is a nonsense.

They have to draw the line somewhere - at least for as long as the Tier system lasts.  Here in Farnborough (Hampshire), we're Tier 2 until Boxing Day. I can go a mile up the road to Frimley, which is part of the same urban area but over the county boundary in Surrey, & I'd be in Tier 4.  Many other examples like this.  I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense locally (especially for the northern suburbs of Swindon that you highlight that pay Council Tax to Wiltshire CC).  So probably another reason we'll move to national restrictions again soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6677 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 16:58:01 »

Agreed Ardiles.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6678 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 17:12:57 »

That’s why postcodes would make more sense I think

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6679 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 17:18:39 »

That’s why postcodes would make more sense I think
chuck it in the postcode checker and you'll know.

I'm not sure which part of Swindon is classed wiltshire, if tadpole is then it looks like they've been Swindon'd as per Bernie's post
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6680 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 17:43:20 »

I find it fascinating how everyone looks to try to dodge stuff. Bottom line is there is a nasty mutating virus out there that 'could' kill you or 'could' do nothing. To my mind, that makes me 'EXTRA' cautious, not extra devious to try to avoid personal sanctions! But, each to their own.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6681 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 17:48:42 »

Should add, I don’t live in any of those areas so the outcome doesn’t affect me.

If they are in tier 2, they should be barricaded in as far as I’m concerned. Let Wiltshire council air drop in supplies

Edit - Moulden view are definitely tier 2 according to the government website. Given the main road out of that estate is tier three I think that means it’s technically illegal for people living their to leave their homes
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 17:59:40 by Bogus Dave » Logged

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6682 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 19:16:26 »

Could they tunnel out?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6683 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 19:21:04 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave

Edit - Moulden view are definitely tier 2 according to the government website. Given the main road out of that estate is tier three I think that means it’s technically illegal for people living their to leave their homes

just came back to post similar. crazy
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6684 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 19:59:27 »

They have a higher case rate there than in a lot of other areas in Swindon too - including nearly 4 times greater than Hayden wick next door

I get the lines have to be drawn somewhere. It’s more a comment on the stupidity of the town planning

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6685 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 22:28:52 »

chuck it in the postcode checker and you'll know.

I'm not sure which part of Swindon is classed wiltshire, if tadpole is then it looks like they've been Swindon'd as per Bernie's post

There are a number of streets in the north of Peatmoor that fall outside the Swindon BC boundary.  Along with all of the new Ridgeway Farm area.  Look at a map, and they're connected to Swindon.  Just not technically a part of it.  Where Swindon has built out right up to its boundary, it must be quite tempting for Wiltshire CC to permit building on the adjacent sites.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6686 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 09:12:14 »

From boxing day:

Wiltshire is tier 2
  Swindon is tier 3

Hence its not clear what constitutes "swindon". They should be in tier 3 but...

Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire will move into tier four - meaning they will be under England's toughest restrictions - from 00:01 GMT on Boxing Day

The parts of Essex not currently in tier four, along with Waverley in Surrey, and Hampshire - including Portsmouth and Southampton but not the New Forest - will also be escalated to tier four

Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset (including North Somerset), Swindon, the Isle of Wight, the New Forest and Northamptonshire, as well as Cheshire and Warrington, will move to tier three

Cornwall and Herefordshire, which "have seen sharply rising rates", will enter tier two restrictions

Yeah, my bad - misunderstood.

My boy lives in the new estate on the Purton road, he is in Tier 2 because he is covered by Wiltshire Council.  If he looks out of his Window, he can see houses in the old estate they are attached to which is Tier 3 - Bonkers.

So if he follows the rules to the letter, he can't travel to Tier 3 so can only turn left when he pulls out of his house..

I don't think they thought this through properly.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 09:15:13 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6687 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 09:18:10 »

It looks so simple on a full map...

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6688 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 09:37:24 »

I made similar musings on Twitter yesterday. Technically anyone living in Ridgeway Farm, Mouldon View etc. will have to drive to Wootton Bassett/Chippenham to do their shopping instead of popping down the road to Asda.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6689 on: Thursday, December 24, 2020, 09:51:54 »

I think I've probably been as critical as anyone of the arbitrary way the govt have gone about applying regulations for COVID, but come on guys. If you're going to have a regionalised tier system, boundaries have to be drawn somewhere and there will always be people on borders which give rise to odd cases. The classic one is Chester's stadium being partly in England, partly in Wales. That doesn't invalidate the system overall, it just means that people on the boundaries find themselves in slightly anomalous situations. That might have serious consequences if this was some sort of martial law, but really this is all technicalities.

EDIT: What Dave said

It’s more a comment on the stupidity of the town planning
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: