Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disgusting  (Read 1325 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 17:23:55 »

Went to the Hearts game today (4-1 win   ) at Livingston and was appalled to be sitting behind these 3 neanderthals who were waving Union Jacks with the Hearts badge on it. This immediately got the backs up of fellow hearts fans but what appalled me was when this guy took off his shirt (It was pretty sunny at the game today), I noticed a tattoo on his back. I had to double take at first as I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. It was a tat of a ku klux klan member holding a noose in one hand and a flag (the dukes of hazard flag - not sure of the relevance). He also made a nazi salute more than once during the game that I think was only spotted by me.

Trying to kick racism out of football campaign appears to have been successful but idiots like this really get my goat, especially as Hearts have such a multi national team at the moment (Czech Republic, Lithuanian, Greek, Brazilian). Would I have been in my rights to complain to a steward?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 17:28:44 »

To be honest, bar the tattoo, it's no worse than this fella was shouting who was sat next to me at Goodison (decided to have a day out 'cos Swindon are so shit at the moment).  The abuse Marcus Bent was getting was absurd.
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 17:32:57 »

Edinburgh, Ive seen Union Jacks at Hearts away games such as Kilmarnock on a tuesday night. Does the Scottish/British issue arise much with Jambo's?

As for Klu klux klan and Nazi salutes. That just makes him a thick muggy cunt.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 17:38:25 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Edinburgh, Ive seen Union Jacks at Hearts away games such as Kilmarnock on a tuesday night. Does the Scottish/British issue arise much with Jambo's?

As for Klu klux klan and Nazi salutes. That just makes him a thick muggy cunt.

The Union Jacks do come out at Hearts games (mainly in one area) although 90% of the Hearts support hate the Union Jack and want to be represented by the Saltire. There was nearly a brawl in the pub before the game when one Jambo asked if he wanted a hand with setting fire to his flag which almost descended into chaos!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 18:04:20 »

Always a strange one. Ive noticed Union Jacks in Hearts colours too, but Ive always considered Hearts to be a stronghold of tartan army/scotland away types, as are Aberdeen and then the smaller clubs (Dunfermline, St Johnstone).

I understand Falkirk and Airdrie also have significant Loyalist supporters. But you have to remmember Loyalism is a minority throughout England, Scotland and Wales so any small Union activity is noticeable. For instance clubs like Hull, Chelsea, West Ham, Plymouth, Everton and Swansea. Their supporters are nationalist in the main but you see more British/Loyal flags than with other clubs. Its just its much more contentious in Scotland and Wales.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 18:21:35 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Always a strange one. Ive noticed Union Jacks in Hearts colours too, but Ive always considered Hearts to be a stronghold of tartan army/scotland away types, as are Aberdeen and then the smaller clubs (Dunfermline, St Johnstone).

I understand Falkirk and Airdrie also have significant Loyalist supporters. But you have to remmember Loyalism is a minority throughout England, Scotland and Wales so any small Union activity is noticeable. For instance clubs like Hull, Chelsea, West Ham, Plymouth, Everton and Swansea. Their supporters are nationalist in the main but you see more British/Loyal flags than with other clubs. Its just its much more contentious in Scotland and Wales.

You'll see a mixture of flags at Ibrox on tuesday no doubt along with a mighty rendition of Rule Britannia at some point!

Spud

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 19:36:43 »

Spencer will you be partaking in 'the bouncy' Tuesday night?. Wink
MR BEN

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 07:12:38 »

I think the dukes of hazards flag is the confederate flag, for the deep south, racist inbred southern states of the US, Other side in their little civil war
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 22:28:44 »

Surely the Herald newspaper printing Mr Minogue's address in this article is a bit of a blunder?

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/46919.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: