Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town Vs Swindon Town: Match Day Thread  (Read 70067 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 22:54:15 »

So, if I've been to the dell and St Marys does that count as one?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 07:24:45 »

Jacko made the adver,for the right reasons this time Wink

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/sport/11701299.Paul_has_real_grounds_for_celebration_after_his_stadium_feat/
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 08:04:11 »

Well done Jacko.

Why was he in the Adver previously then??
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #378 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 08:16:03 »

So, if I've been to the dell and St Marys does that count as one?

People count grounds in different ways.  My view is that, to "do the 92", you need to have seen a game at every one of the current 92 clubs' current grounds.  So your Southampton example would count as one. 

Some people might only count games watching Swindon but others, like me, count games not involving Swindon.  Fleetwood was No 73 of the current 92 for me but I have 'lost' loads of grounds of teams that have dropped out of the league (eg Bristol Rovers  Smiley ) or who have moved to new grounds I have yet to get to but where I went to a game at their old ground (eg Arsenal).

http://www.doingthe92.com/
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 08:32:10 »

Well done Jacko.

Why was he in the Adver previously then??

Just joking, Its just something out of the ordinary happens at every game I see him at...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 08:53:25 »

People count grounds in different ways.  My view is that, to "do the 92", you need to have seen a game at every one of the current 92 clubs' current grounds.  So your Southampton example would count as one. 

Some people might only count games watching Swindon but others, like me, count games not involving Swindon.  Fleetwood was No 73 of the current 92 for me but I have 'lost' loads of grounds of teams that have dropped out of the league (eg Bristol Rovers  Smiley ) or who have moved to new grounds I have yet to get to but where I went to a game at their old ground (eg Arsenal).

http://www.doingthe92.com/

You are 'officially correct' but I disagree....

I'm more of the opinion that I have visited Clubs at their home stadia rather than grounds.

I know that I cannot join the official 92 club....but personally I will be chuffed when I get round the next four before the end of the season....if possible....

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 08:54:21 »

All with Swindon....highly impressive....

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 08:55:05 »

Just joking, Its just something out of the ordinary happens at every game I see him at...
Doh
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:00:11 »

I've always counted mine in the "official basis" too. I'm three away now but all are due to the clubs moving to new grounds.

Fleetwood on Saturday means I've sort of done a 92 as I've now seen a game at every club currently in the football league. Not with Swindon though. Doubt I'll ever make that unless we get back in the Prem. Hmm.

Well done Jacko, a superb achievement!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:09:01 »

Knew you would be close, who do you have left?
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #385 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:14:15 »

You are 'officially correct' but I disagree....

I'm more of the opinion that I have visited Clubs at their home stadia rather than grounds.

I know that I cannot join the official 92 club....but personally I will be chuffed when I get round the next four before the end of the season....if possible....

Example please.  And do you count a "visit" as one where a match wasn't taking place?

It's interesting how we all count them differently.  I know someone who counts having driven past in a car or on a bus! 
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:17:02 »

No you have to watch a match that's a given. driving past doesn't count
kerry red

« Reply #387 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:19:14 »

I would say clubs rather than grounds.

I have see us play at Wigan's old ground - Springfield Park? - but not been to the DW.

That would knock Wigan off the list for me
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:20:11 »

Knew you would be close, who do you have left?

Only really realised when I started posting today to be honest. Seemed a bit cheap when Jacko has done them all with Town anyway (lady who came with us had done the same but shunned the chance to join Jacko for the Adver interview - in favour of staying in the pub).

Just Arsenal, Cardiff and Brighton to go (until more teams move). Hopefully we'll go up this season for this reason alone. :-)

I have a mate who also counts them when driving past. His tongue is firmly in his cheek though. I hope!
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #389 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:29:04 »

Yep.  Attending a game is a 'must' for me.  So much the better if it's a Town match, so Jacko's achievement is all the better!  Well done, sir!

Using Audrey's method, I would be on 81 but I'm only counting 73 - until I've caught up with club's new grounds/stadia.

« Last Edit: Monday, January 5, 2015, 09:31:45 by Sir Pissalot » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: