Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: positives of the day?  (Read 9459 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 10:17:41 »

I think I met the Poole Town Chairman. We were chanting Charlie Charlie Austin at the tv before the game and some old fella in a suit and Poole Town tie came over and started chatting to us. Massive grin on his face.

That'd be Chris Reeves the Vice Chairman and very nice chap
Barry Scott

« Reply #76 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 10:21:18 »

Heh! heh!

A second appearence on the forum from Jonathan Douglas' uncle Cool

I just saw that. Cheesy

Although he's actually from a pub called The Bell on The Green in Feltham NW6! Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 11:17:10 »

We should have an 'Uncle Dougie Watch' thread or something Cool

Is this the pub? I might pop in for a pint Cool

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=The+Bell+On+The+Green+Staines+Road+Feltham&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=The+Bell+On+The+Green&hnear=Staines+Road+Feltham&cid=0,0,8050480373916298391&ei=3ZoDTJ3pN4HS4ga9gfHLDg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQnwIwAA

I know I'm getting into stalking territory now but meh! The football season's finished Shrug
« Last Edit: Monday, May 31, 2010, 11:46:14 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 11:35:31 »

Very true.  (Sadly, the singing in Thirsty Eddies was 50 times better than the singing in the ground.)

Great to meet so many faces I knew from over the years.  There was one chap in Eddies who had flown in from Belfast for the day and who I last saw at the London Reds beer nights about 6 or 7 years ago.

There was about 8 of us, all individually who had never met on the 6.50am flight from Belfast! That was a highlight..as I had assumed for a fair few years that Im the sole Swindon fan from Belfast!

Loads of people wanted pictures with my Ulster flag with Belfast Robin on it...that was defo a highlight, although my mates said i was crying on tv at the end.. but i think theyre bullshittin me cos i dont think i cried..mayb a tad teary eyed tho..heart went out for Charlie after seeing him and JFL was absolutely inconsolable..

The bouncer at the Bear was tiny! Really wanted to see him fight! But wasnt too keen on being the one who kicked off with him! And they say Gary Coleman is dead?

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
Barry Scott

« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 11:48:18 »

We should have an 'Uncle Dougie Watch' thread or something Cool

Is this the pub? I might pop in for a pint Cool

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=The+Bell+On+The+Green+Staines+Road+Feltham&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=The+Bell+On+The+Green&hnear=Staines+Road+Feltham&cid=0,0,8050480373916298391&ei=3ZoDTJ3pN4HS4ga9gfHLDg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQnwIwAA

I know I'm getting into stalking territory now but meh! The football season's finished Shrug

That's where i picked my mate up from, so i believe it's the one. Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 12:03:39 »

The Green Man.
DRS buying a me a beer
Ralphy molesting Adam Le Fondre
Magicrounadbout going up to a Rotherham player in the bogs and saying "you aint gonna be playing tomorrow" and said player saying "too right ive done my metatarsal"
Doore

« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 22:40:47 »

I've not read the thread because I'm lazy and tired.  However, my personal positives for the day...

The excitement building up to it - its been years since I felt like that the night before the game

The "special" element of the day - I got up at 3am and left at 4am - this made it feel special.  I didn't get home until midnight either.

Soppy shit - I had a great day out with my Dad, just me and him.

Football club pride - sod the result, to see this club after everything we've been through over the past 17 years, to see us competing at Wembley made me so proud, I can't even describe it.

Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 02:16:58 »

I managed to mediate my alcohol consumption in a text book manner and I was IMO optimumly half cut. Just enough to be really enjoying myself but not so much I needed a slash every 3 mins (re Colchester) or acted like a prick in any sort of way.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: